It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bugs
*SPOILERS*

-Even if Geralt chooses not to mention that Saskia is a dragon to Iorveth when she is abducted, it is said anyway (I forget if by Iorveth or Geralt).

*/SPOILERS*

- Letho misses his mouth when drinking vodka in the epilogue.

-There doesn't seem to be a way to scroll through, view, or individually select items from loot with the 360 controller so I would have to loot all and later would be surprised by what I'd picked up.

-The controller is extraordinarily and almost uncontrollably sensitive on the Mutate and Attributes screens.

-Commonly, I would get out a sword, esp. silver, and would be unable to sheathe it or change swords.

Easy Improvements
-I'd like if Geralt would always go into the parry pose when parrying since sometimes he doesn't pose and sometimes he doesn't parry at all, so I can't tell whether I should be rolling away.

-Make the text of items not selected in the inventory (using controller) grey. Currently it's very hard to tell whether you have equipment or inventory items selected; I've accidentally unequipped my boots dozens of times.
Post edited May 24, 2011 by Tally
i posted this somewhere else and i liked how it came out so im going to slip it here, this pertains to a revamp of the blocking

OPTION 1: Active blocking. this meant holding but button does you 0 good. when a attack come sin you must press the block button at that time to activate a block. this is still difficult but gives you more control. this also makes countering a much harder aspect. but it may be a little much for some players but once you get the timing down you will feel more powerful with it. the drawback is that it may be hard to make upgrade for. laxing the ammount of time you have to press the button may be an option. but ultimatly it may need some thinking into

OPTION 2: give it a new Defence bar. an analog bar that drains, not by hit but rather by amount of damage coming in. when the bar drains fully you become stunned and defenceless. upgrades can remain the same, and the one that makes it more efficient can make it instead take less from each attack.
you know what, the face that save games do not make note of dead enemies makes for an annoying time. you save to go t bed in an area you get rid of everyone and then you come back and BAM all back to life
Can I be petty for just a moment, please?

I would really like a mod that makes the drunks in the encampment (Act 2) stop yelling that word they howl when I have already failed the quest. It would make me so happy to have that not happen anymore. As it is, they keep yelling and I keep mentally flipping them off. Ok, back to mature adult mode. :D
It is always nice to add some transportations in the game. For example a horse that can be upgrade, store your inventary items, and help you cross random terrian. Also make the map bigger.
charleswang95: It is always nice to add some transportations in the game. For example a horse that can be upgrade, store your inventary items, and help you cross random terrian. Also make the map bigger.
.... no
charleswang95: It is always nice to add some transportations in the game. For example a horse that can be upgrade, store your inventary items, and help you cross random terrian. Also make the map bigger.
cloud8521: .... no
agreed please no horses, there are plenty of mares to ride already --roach was a mare, right?
cooper: Can I be petty for just a moment, please?

I would really like a mod that makes the drunks in the encampment (Act 2) stop yelling that word they howl when I have already failed the quest. It would make me so happy to have that not happen anymore. As it is, they keep yelling and I keep mentally flipping them off. Ok, back to mature adult mode. :D
What? You mean that you don't positively adore coming back to a chorus of

[spoiler?]

"Oodriiiinn, Ooooooodriiin! Heeeeere, booooyyyyy!" every second you are in camp? It doesn't fill you with courage and a sense of well-being? You must have some serious issues if you can't stand several hours of that nonstop :P

(I only bring this up again because I had a nightmare about Odrin when I slept that night of hellish calling. Vernon Roche should add that hideous cry to his interrogation methods list. Bet it would have his prisoners spilling the beans right fast)
cooper: Can I be petty for just a moment, please?

Jamanticus: What? You mean that you don't positively adore coming back to a chorus of

[spoiler?]

"Oodriiiinn, Ooooooodriiin! Heeeeere, booooyyyyy!" every second you are in camp? It doesn't fill you with courage and a sense of well-being? You must have some serious issues if you can't stand several hours of that nonstop :P

(I only bring this up again because I had a nightmare about Odrin when I slept that night of hellish calling. Vernon Roche should add that hideous cry to his interrogation methods list. Bet it would have his prisoners spilling the beans right fast)
yes just exactly this :D
After playing awhile and getting the hang of the combat mechanics, I have one major gameplay annoyance:

I hate that my 600 HP witcher can get killed by a family of nekkers because I get stuck between a couple of barrels or get surrounded. When this happens, signs get interrupted and parry doesn't last forever, so it means guaranteed death. Given the imprecise auto-targeting system, it is too easy to unintentionally throw myself into a crowd or get stuck on terrain while attacking or rolling. It's a cheap death caused by flawed combat mechanics.

IMO the easiest solution is to have enemy AI occasionally pause attack if they detect other enemies attacking the same flank. Make the frequency of pausing a function of the number of enemies and game difficulty. This gives the witcher a chance to fight out of mobs or corners.
Post edited May 25, 2011 by dragonturtle
I never personally let myself get surrounded, and the only time I ever had that happen on a low 400~ hp geralt was on an optional boss where the gargoyles plus a fireball bursted my hp down to nothing in about 1.5 seconds.
Gvaz: I never personally let myself get surrounded, and the only time I ever had that happen on a low 400~ hp geralt was on an optional boss where the gargoyles plus a fireball bursted my hp down to nothing in about 1.5 seconds.
but it can get annoying and there should at least be some way to fight back when it happens
Gvaz: - There was a character in chapter 2 with a name like "name Da?a Maria" (also a Blue Stripes soldier with the prefex "[PL][EN] Roche's Commado" http://www.abload.de/img/wut0mcv.jpg )
GaugeTheory: - There was a character in chapter 2 with a name like "name Da?a Maria"
I've seen this as well. It was in Lobinden in Chapter 1, a little girl identified as "name Da¿a Maria" (inverted question mark, guessing you've both been seeing it like this as well) who says "It's the butcher of the Outskirts!" or something to that effect, and when you try talking to her afterwards, all she says is "Run!"

EDIT: Had a save ready to screenshot in windowed mode since I couldn't get it to work in full screen, but when I loaded it back up, the character name displayed as "Beitris."

Another bug in Lobinden, Chorab telling his stories about Adda and Lobinden when alone and while sleeping.
Post edited May 25, 2011 by Dinasis
Looks like 16:10 support is coming in patch 1.1 but 4:3 support isn't coming till 1.2 which would be next week or so.

Also G35 issues are going to be fixed in next week's patch
dragonturtle: After playing awhile and getting the hang of the combat mechanics, I have one major gameplay annoyance:

I hate that my 600 HP witcher can get killed by a family of nekkers because I get stuck between a couple of barrels or get surrounded. When this happens, signs get interrupted and parry doesn't last forever, so it means guaranteed death. Given the imprecise auto-targeting system, it is too easy to unintentionally throw myself into a crowd or get stuck on terrain while attacking or rolling. It's a cheap death caused by flawed combat mechanics.

IMO the easiest solution is to have enemy AI occasionally pause attack if they detect other enemies attacking the same flank. Make the frequency of pausing a function of the number of enemies and game difficulty. This gives the witcher a chance to fight out of mobs or corners.
No, just no. It's your fault if you are dodging into barrels and cornering yourself. Don't be stupid and dodge into corners. If you die because you're dumb, then Geralt should die. That's the point of the combat.