It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eisberg77: You probably never seen a Muslim pray before, so you should educate yourself first before laughing at the notion that the prayer activity is actually an exercise and good for ones health.

The Islamic prayer consists of the following steps:

standing with hands on top of each other at chest level
bowing down with hands resting on knees
standing up from bowing with hands by the side
going in prostration (sajjda) once
lifting face up from prostration but sitting on the ground
doing a second prostration (Sajjda) and then getting up

These psysical movements that a Muslim does during prayer strenghten the joints and muscles and stimulate blood circulation. Consequently, they also prevent the stagnation of bloog in the veins of the legs (which may lead to coagulation and other problems).
I guess ill join islam during this summer then, beach season is coming up and i'm getting kinda chubby.
Goodmongo: You belive wrong then.
redfo1: Apparently it's just not too clear: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Adolf_Hitler%27s_religious_views
Huh? I would say that someone who NEVER went to mass after the age of adulthood is pretty clear evidence that he wasn't a Catholic. He was raised a Catholic because his mom was one. But that doesn't make him a Catholic.
Post edited June 07, 2011 by Goodmongo
Goodmongo: Huh? I would say that someone who NEVER went to mass after the age of adulthood is pretty clear evidence that he wasn't a Catholic. He was raised a Catholic because his mom was one. But that doesn't make him a Catholic.
I wouldn't be 100% sure about that. I know quite a lot of people who claim to be Catholic but barely (if ever) go to the mass. You know, those "non-churchgoers".
Anyway, I guess there wouldn't be a whole article about it if it was crystal clear. Not that it really matters IMO, actually, I'll just be agnostic about that one ^^
Post edited June 07, 2011 by redfo1
if you're not a church-goer, you're not a catholic, since the catholic doctrine specifically requires going to mass.

people can say they believe whatever they want, at the end of the day, their actions will reveal if they truly believe it or if they've just deluded themselves.

it's not a hard concept. here you have a document that is the basis of your entire belief. you purposely do something that goes against it. you're a heretic. simple, really.

see, i don't believe in any of this stuff so i can be objective about it. someone who wants to be catholic but doesn't follow the tenets of catholicism will spin things to appear like he's still a catholic.

hitler was definitely not catholic. he claimed to be catholic to gain the favor of the predominantly christian populace.
Goodmongo: You belive wrong then.

You are clearly some religious fanatic nutjob. Thing is keep your religion to yourself. It has casued pain and suffering to millions of people. You want to keep the gays in the closet and I think muslims need to stay in the closet with them.
tahirahmed: Lol whatever you say, I really laugh when people start screaming like kids just because they cannot accept truth.

As I said before and will say again that I have more reasons to look for truth, study science, religion etc then guys like you because it is me and my religion that is getting accused of every bad act so whenever I see any accusation I start looking for truth while guys like you choose the path of being atheist for your luxury and convenience, I call it running away from responsibilities and facts.

Good luck.
SystemShock7: .

.. I'd like to suggest, you may want to follow your own advice:
1.- none of the hijackers were Afghani nationals.
2.- It's not like the hijackers bankrolled the attack out of their own pockets.
tahirahmed: You mean to say that the entire attack on Afghanistan was pointless, good. And then whole drama of Al-Qaida started, initially it was said that it is a threat to America and her allies but what I see now is that it is more threat to Muslims than America so we know where all strings are going.

The attack on Afghanistan was due to the fact that the Taliban (those back stabbers) was actively supporting Al-Qaida, offering safe harbor to hide and train.
I would have told them give up Osama of be ready for some nukes. We no longer fight real wars but bullshit around. Winning hearts and minds is for chumps. Either surrender or die. That is how wars have been fought all through history. When there has been a decisive winner the peace tended to last much longer.
tahirahmed: 1. Premarital sex: Imagine hundreds of babies without parents because their so called parents satisfied their hunger of sex and ran away or babies cease to born because nobody wants to setup a family everyone is running behind sex using great invention of science (condoms). What a miserable society it will be. Marriage bounds you in a good responsibility thus a strong foundation of family.
Yeah, good thing no one ever has premarital sex! Oh wait... right, everyone does that and their societies still work. My bad, I was confused by how inane that was.

tahirahmed: 2. Gay sex: In this case a man will satisfy his urge of sex with any other random man and when he finally feels a need of family or a child perhaps then he will seek a female for her help. A total selfish act and yet a selfish society.
You mean like a surrogate mother? You know they volunteer and get money for it, right? It's not technically selfish if everyone agrees.

tahirahmed: 3. Bi sexual: A concept that animals follow, in such a society you cannot tell that a person looking at you is either sexually interested in you or is just willing to talk or willing for a clean friendship. Humans are above animals thats all I can say.
Wow. Just wow.

This thread became awful when it became an "attack the Muslims!" thread. I hope you realize that you're being equally hateful right now.

redfo1: I believe Adolf was a Catholic ;)
I'm picturing Hitler in a confessional. It's kind of a catch-22 situation, since he'd die of old age before being able to repent of everything he did :)
tahirahmed: @Oddhermit

Effects of your laws on human society.

1. Premarital sex: Imagine hundreds of babies without parents because their so called parents satisfied their hunger of sex and ran away or babies cease to born because nobody wants to setup a family everyone is running behind sex using great invention of science (condoms). What a miserable society it will be. Marriage bounds you in a good responsibility thus a strong foundation of family.

2. Gay sex: In this case a man will satisfy his urge of sex with any other random man and when he finally feels a need of family or a child perhaps then he will seek a female for her help. A total selfish act and yet a selfish society.

3. Bi sexual: A concept that animals follow, in such a society you cannot tell that a person looking at you is either sexually interested in you or is just willing to talk or willing for a clean friendship. Humans are above animals thats all I can say.

Sex has no limits, someday people like you will say that bi-sexual is simply not enough for them and they want something more then that, a concept of tri-sexual perhaps where people are allowed to be attracted towards animals as well right ? the choices are limitless in such a society - Sarcastic.

Drugs: When you were a kid how many times your father stopped you from putting your hand into fire because you didn't know that its actually harmful to you ? You should call your father restrictive for that shouldn't you ? Drugs are addictive and the person using it does not know that it is actually harming himself or herself. If they stop you from taking drugs its for your own good. It does not mean that they are your parents but at least well wishers.
1. Contraception. Case closed. This is the 21st century. And people will always want children, and families. It's a basic human thing - we don't need laws telling us we need to only have sexual relationships to start families. How many women do you know that don't love babies and don't eventually want one? It's innate.

2. An extremely inaccurate and homophobic generalization of gay men. Even if they were having sex with random other gay men they're not harming anyone else in doing so - but many have stable and exclusive relationships. Gay couples also often adopt, they don't just suddenly stop being gay and impregnate a woman. They are actually attracted to other men, it's not just them taking the easy route for lots of sex - considering how taboo homosexuality is, in part due to the nonsense about it spread by religion, it's not really the easy route at all. David Cross explains this in a pretty amusing way here -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEKpufAeTi0&t=1m50s

3. Humans are animals, science has made this absolutely, crystal fucking clear, no matter how much some people want to deny it. We're more intelligent than most or maybe even all others, yes, but animals nonetheless. Bisexuality is a natural occurrence as is homosexuality, and we're not all so sex craved and/or hormonally out of control that we can't handle normal social interaction with people of a gender we're attracted to. Straight men and women handle this every single day, why should it be so much more difficult for homo and bisexuals? We use body language that gives people the hint when we're looking for more than a friend, and of course we can talk to eachother to discern this as well.

Drugs - You can be a responsible adult recreational user. People can be educated enough to decide for themselves when they're old enough. If people don't know what drugs are bad for them or addictive by the time they're adults, their schools and/or parents are complete and utter failures and that's the real problem. We don't need to be babysat until we die, it's our life, it's our body - same reason I'm absolutely for euthanasia when the patient wishes it. Some drugs are even beneficial and/or medicinal despite being illegal and/or taboo, when taken responsibly, such as cannabis.
Post edited June 07, 2011 by Oddhermit
Oh my how this thread has mutated since it started.

Only the internet can take thanking a dev for the removal of a couple of textures and mutate it into a battle of ideologies with the future of mankind at stake.

*dons asbestos suit and waits to get pounced on by both sides*
Seph22: Shortcut : Oddhermit have issues within himself not us so don't bother just ignore him really, it's clear from his reply that he is Gay and his main issue is about religion being anti-gay, so his hatred is finally explained at least, i mean just look at his reply? he think he knows how all muslim thinks/act/why they are doing such things when is completely WRONG and i have explained why already

PEACE
eCos: so, from that statement, being gay equates to having issues with one's self, is that correct? sorry mate, i really did respect and support your initial position, but you are proving yourself to be just another kind of bigot.

oh, and nazi's were soo devilishly demonic was because they were godless. just sayin'
Way to twist my words? show me single text in every reply i have here where i bashed gays, and i saw the gay thread on the forums here btw, plenty of people were bashing gays and insulting them personally (which is lame), did you see me join them at that thread? whatever Islam views of gays it doesn't give us the right in islam to bash anyone even if the person were the worst human being on earth, Islam disagree with plenty of stuff it doesn't mean we can go and bash everything Islam disagree with.

I said ODDHERMIT have issues with himself plenty of times why only quote only my last reply and make it to appear as something it's not ? Oddhermit have a conflict HIM VS RELIGION and his views, this what i was talking about since the VERY beginning, he is not looking for an explanation/questions/answers he is just looking for hatred and spreading nonsense biased views, he HIMSELF can't accept a lot of facts about Islam and from his last reply i just found out he is hardcore about a lot of points related to gays so i understood finally why he is hating/bashing islam.

I never attacked anyone, i was only defending myself when the first place i shouldn't be attacked yet people like you now calling me bigot over things i didn't say or bash my religion over things that it doesn't do etc we have seen it all in this thread, and gay bashing does not make anyone a bigot, Gay is not a religion lol bashing it (i did not) does not make one a bigot

People should seriously give this thread a rest, everytime i leave someone quote me totally out of contest and i have to reply showing the pure lie and cheap shots against us for no reason.

People bring point after point against islam and failing hard, time to give up buddies because generation after generation people tried and failed, thread went from

Muslims are bombers/attackers to Fuck islam/muslim to muslims do that and this (when they don't and unheard of for muslims lol...) to islam was spread by wars and killing (Nothing but a myth historical wise and against solid facts by the west themselves) to NONE-MUSLIMS trying to teach MUSLIMS what they do/say when it's nothing but made up stuff lol etc every time people here make a complete tool of themselves and failing instead of running away in shame (they have none to begin with, no human who insult others for no reason have any) they come back and bring another point and failing again, Give it a rest people, go play games or do something fun because the world is moving against the direction you want it so deal with it, People are moving toward islam on big numbers and daily basis, your hatred only make people read/think of islam and once they find it's truth they trust facts over your hateful opinions

Funny how haters here dream of a world of tolerant and peace how about you stop hating like a total nut for a start? you can't discuss with someone saying you are a bomber/terrorist/desert man/etc and spread million lie about him and his religion and accept anything in return or "peaceful" impact due such actions

PEACE
Post edited June 08, 2011 by Seph22
Seph22: bla
ok, first of all, it's either one of us sucks at english language or you just pulled off a 180 right there.

second, this thread started as people attacking islam in general, and i said then, i'll say it again, i supported you in that. but after a point, it just became muslims, christians, agnostics, atheists, whatever; propagandizing their system of beliefs/philosophies, calling it fact, and bashing everyone who did not agree. you, as the OP, did nothing to prevent that, on the contrary you just fanned the flames. i warned you to keep cool, do not resort to name calling and personal attacks, pages ago. i thought you were mature and level headed enough, in retrospect that was very naive of me.

so here it goes, i do not believe in any religion whatsoever. i am agnostic, which makes me a "hater" in your eyes i guess. tho i was raised in a muslim family, have friends who are believers, even engaged to one. now, do you dare come here and blabber your pseudo-religious drivel to the muslims i know; because believe me when i say the amount of ridicule you'd have to endure will be of epic proportions. sorry to break it to you but you do NOT represent the whole muslim communities of the world. religion itself is between man and god by definition, so KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. your beliefs are not the only truth...
Post edited June 08, 2011 by eCos
Seph22: your hatred only make people read/think of islam and once they find it's truth they trust facts over your hateful opinions
Come on... If any religion had serious proofs we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place...

Seph22: People bring point after point against islam and failing hard, time to give up buddies because generation after generation people tried and failed, thread went from

Muslims are bombers/attackers to Fuck islam/muslim to muslims do that and this (when they don't and unheard of for muslims lol...) to islam was spread by wars and killing (Nothing but a myth historical wise and against solid facts by the west themselves) to NONE-MUSLIMS trying to teach MUSLIMS what they do/say when it's nothing but made up stuff lol etc every time people here make a complete tool of themselves and failing instead of running away in shame (they have none to begin with, no human who insult others for no reason have any) they come back and bring another point and failing again.
I think you're seriously "victimizing" yourself here. Sure I didn't read the whole thread, but as far as I remember, in all posts since I started following the thread, criticisms weren't targeting a specific religion but simply all religions. Or specific things that someone else said.
Of course you'll always manage to find a few stupid people who, because the most famous terrorists are Muslims, will think that all terrorists are Muslims, but I don't think I read that in this thread.

Edit: mkay, apparently according to eCos's post I missed some Islam-specific action, but I still think it's been over for a while now.
Post edited June 08, 2011 by redfo1
There are "terrorist scoitaels", and for sure there are "the order of flamming rose" on this forums. Both equally mad, madder on the order side.
Post edited June 08, 2011 by Freewind
Seph22: your hatred only make people read/think of islam and once they find it's truth they trust facts over your hateful opinions
redfo1: Come on... If any religion had serious proofs we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place...

Seph22: People bring point after point against islam and failing hard, time to give up buddies because generation after generation people tried and failed, thread went from

Muslims are bombers/attackers to Fuck islam/muslim to muslims do that and this (when they don't and unheard of for muslims lol...) to islam was spread by wars and killing (Nothing but a myth historical wise and against solid facts by the west themselves) to NONE-MUSLIMS trying to teach MUSLIMS what they do/say when it's nothing but made up stuff lol etc every time people here make a complete tool of themselves and failing instead of running away in shame (they have none to begin with, no human who insult others for no reason have any) they come back and bring another point and failing again.
redfo1: I think you're seriously "victimizing" yourself here. Sure I didn't read the whole thread, but as far as I remember, in all posts since I started following the thread, criticisms weren't targeting a specific religion but simply all religions. Or specific things that someone else said.
Of course you'll always manage to find a few stupid people who, because the most famous terrorists are Muslims, will think that all terrorists are Muslims, but I don't think I read that in this thread.

Edit: mkay, apparently according to eCos's post I missed some Islam-specific action, but I still think it's been over for a while now.
it's been over for a loong while really. the thing degenerated to a much uglier beast now. when someone rages terrorist this, suicide bombing that, an ounce of common sense is enough to brush it off as nonsense. now it became a pissing contest, to put it simply :)
Post edited June 08, 2011 by eCos
I'm a muslim too, and like the OP those rugs didn't bother me much as they are more of a cultural thing rather than being a religious sample ,,what I'm having problems with is those people taking issue with CDPR for doing something out of respect to a group of people they may not even like but they treated them with respect nonetheless ...how can anybody take issue with that ?