It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

darktjm: Unless you hear otherwise, I'd wait for a sale (since you just missed one). For one thing, 2 was mostly Obsidian's work, and Beamdog seems more interested in accumulating old BioWare properties. For another, even though the NWN 1 crackdown will likely happen very soon, it will take some time, and I expect that any NWN 2 grab will take time, as well.
I'd dare to say out of two games NWN2 is the one that actually in huge need of EE. Its a bloody buggy mess. Just few examples of bugs existing in SoZ version:
a)Uncanny dodge do not bloody work at all
b)Warlock has only 1/2 of CL when try to beat SR. You think you have 30 CL warlock? Too bad - its just 15!
c)Expert tactician do nothing, absolutely nothing
d)Warlock unmodified Eldritch blast work even on magic immune enemies, assuming he has at least 10d6 dice. No immunity defense or recistance applies
e)epic spells are the same! Death immunity? What is it? Vampiric feast work even on undead
f)Practices spellcaster despite his description always give +4 CL. Sorc20/ASoC10 with practiced spellcaster had 34(!) CL
g)Parry still do not run checks agains every attack in flurry

thats just from a top of my head. There are a lot, lot more. Nwn2 is buggy mess somehow holding together dew to being rashed by developers. And it has a lot of kinda required cut content

---edit---
look like not only nwn2 is a buggy mess but gog as well
Post edited November 30, 2017 by Valkinaz
As someone who can't be bothered to look 10 threads down has once again pointed out, you have until March 27 before something happens. What that something is, is up to GOG and Beamdog. Maybe they'll merge the old version and sell the new version here for double the price, or maybe Beamdog will take their ball and go home (drop the old version entirely), or maybe something else entirely. Who knows?

In any case, as per the thread title, buy NWN1 ASAP. Sorry you can't get it on sale any more, but in the end, the price Beamdog charges will never go below the non-sale price, anyway, if their other titles are any indication. As to why you might not want to reward Beamdog for the EE, read this thread, along with the following:

NWN 1 Enhanced Edition. Beamdog

"Breaking News" Beamdog Strikes Agian

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Then again, if you are convinced the EE is a must-buy good thing, ignore my post. It will be buried below anyone's attention threshold again soon enough.
darktjm: In any case, as per the thread title, buy NWN1 ASAP. Sorry you can't get it on sale any more, but in the end, the price Beamdog charges will never go below the non-sale price, anyway, if their other titles are any indication. As to why you might not want to reward Beamdog for the EE, read this thread, along with the following:
I noticed that from the moment NWN EE was announced, NWN never went on sale again, where it went on sale many times before usually with other classic RPGs, and especially when NWN2 went on sale.

Since the announcement there have been RPG sales including NWN2, but not NWN1.

Beamdog likely has say now in how original NWN gets priced/distributed, so it seems extremely unlikely that original NWN will be available anywhere after Beamdog releases EE.

Even If EE doesn't make it to GOG, expect original to disappear from here regardless.
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2018/02/Where-to-Purchase-the-Original-Baldurs-Gate-Icewind-Dale-Planescape-Torment-and-Neverwinter-Nights.html
Stig79: snip
Taro94: No lying, please. The screenshot you've posted is of the Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition. As the blue has already said, the soundtrack can't be found in the EE's bonuses, BUT in the classic version's bonuses (which you get for free with the EEs).

I, myself, have wrongly believed that Beamdog took away the original version's soundtracks, which simply was not true. I feel bad about jumping on the hate wagon and not verifying that rumor myself.

So just to make sure it's crystal clear, you DO have the soundtrack listed as a bonus for the original Planescape Torment, and you DO get the original Planescape Torment when you buy the EE. Same goes for other EEs.

https://s17.postimg.org/5cg8zuvf3/ptscreen.png

Here's a screenshot to prove it. It's in polish, but I've underlined the soundtrack.

Yes, I'm NOT happy about some moves Beamdog makes, like the bundling controversy - but it does NOT make it right to spread false rumors. Beamdog has NOT taken away any soundtrack. Period.
Buy the EE version and the classic version you get included with the EE version does NOT include the soundtrack. The soundtrack WAS included with the classic version before the EEs got released. So if you bought the classic version you have the soundtrack included, yes.

Buy the EE version now and you get the classic too. But no soundtrack included.
Stig79: Buy the EE version and the classic version you get included with the EE version does NOT include the soundtrack. The soundtrack WAS included with the classic version before the EEs got released. So if you bought the classic version you have the soundtrack included, yes.

Buy the EE version now and you get the classic too. But no soundtrack included.
Great to see so many new Nwn fans in this forum. ;)
The enhancements seem minimal, in my opinion, that it doesn't warrant an "Enhanced Edition" moniker in the first place, like what Beamdog did to Planescape: Torment.

And this is coming from someone who bought all Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games except for Siege of Dragonspear, though.
I downloaded all the goodies from GOG as soon as the EE was released. When they disappear I will still have what I payed for.

I urge everyone to download the soundtrack while they still can, they tend to charge quite a bit for those.

Edit: I had to check, Icewind Dale still has all the goodies - including the soundtrack. I'm pleasantly surprised.
Post edited March 28, 2018 by user deleted
makaikishi: The enhancements seem minimal, in my opinion, that it doesn't warrant an "Enhanced Edition" moniker in the first place, like what Beamdog did to Planescape: Torment.

And this is coming from someone who bought all Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games except for Siege of Dragonspear, though.
I really don't want to come off as a nay-sayer here, especially because I really hated Siege of Dragonspear, and the added content to BG1 & BG2 was kind of lame (except for the Black Pit stuff; that was pretty nice - buggy, buy nice) but they seem to have done quite a bit that warrants SOME credit.

They've fixed quite a bit of the mutliplayer problems, added relays that fix some port issues for less technically inclined gamers, fixed the server issues that plagued legitimate copies of Infinite Dungeons (like mine), to allow multiplayer in premium modules and other things advertised and purchased to actually work again as intended, made joining games through Steam exceptionally easy, adding mods through the Steam Workshop has never been more easy and accessible to John-Q-Player, they're working (to hear Trent talk on the live-stream today) on fixing the horribly awkward multiplayer bugs in HotU and SoU, and have implemented quite a number of suggestions from the Trillo board already.

All that, while making sure old save games, mods, modules and everything else still manage to not break. That's pretty darn impressive, give how much they've been trying to de-hardcode the engine.

I'm not cool with them pulling down 1.69 - that would suck, but overall, they've done quite a bit that deserves an "enhanced edition" moniker.
jimbobslimbob: It's not ideal I admit, but it is one of my favourite games of all time so I am biased towards it instantly.
That blind fandom can end up biting you in the ass. I know because I've fed myself those same nostalgia nuggets with Beamdog before and other things like the Doom 3 BFG Edition.

jimbobslimbob: Believe what you want, I honestly do not care - but the very notion that someone passionate about a game they love is instantly in league with the developers is a tired trope and just goes to show that you are the kind of person that likes to attack people to make themselves feel better.
That very passion is the reason many of us have come to resent Beamdog and how they rape classic RPGs.

jimbobslimbob: It's clear that you are not interested in what they are doing and that's fine, but it would be nice to have a cordial conversation without it turning into the fanboys vs haters crap.
We're dealing with a company that has used incredibly shady tactics from banning users critical of products (something I witnessed myself) to begging for positive reviews to deleting bug reports (not seen but heard convincing arguments of).

Its frankly going to be hard to have a discussion that isn't going to involve some emotion over it. Something you yourself are guilty of... just on the other side of the fence being a blind apologist.
ApexProcyon: I downloaded all the goodies from GOG as soon as the EE was released. When they disappear I will still have what I payed for.

I urge everyone to download the soundtrack while they still can, they tend to charge quite a bit for those.
Thanks for reminding me. I will follow your advice and download everything because you never know:)
mrprmiller: I really don't want to come off as a nay-sayer here, especially because I really hated Siege of Dragonspear, and the added content to BG1 & BG2 was kind of lame (except for the Black Pit stuff; that was pretty nice - buggy, buy nice) but they seem to have done quite a bit that warrants SOME credit.

They've fixed quite a bit of the mutliplayer problems, added relays that fix some port issues for less technically inclined gamers, fixed the server issues that plagued legitimate copies of Infinite Dungeons (like mine), to allow multiplayer in premium modules and other things advertised and purchased to actually work again as intended, made joining games through Steam exceptionally easy, adding mods through the Steam Workshop has never been more easy and accessible to John-Q-Player, they're working (to hear Trent talk on the live-stream today) on fixing the horribly awkward multiplayer bugs in HotU and SoU, and have implemented quite a number of suggestions from the Trillo board already.

All that, while making sure old save games, mods, modules and everything else still manage to not break. That's pretty darn impressive, give how much they've been trying to de-hardcode the engine.

I'm not cool with them pulling down 1.69 - that would suck, but overall, they've done quite a bit that deserves an "enhanced edition" moniker.
Ah, the Black Pits...I enjoyed that, at least.

I'll wait for the reviews of the enhanced NWN, though.
Just throwing this out there but Zeogold has a ton of NWN1 keys in the GOG giveaway thread. For those who missed out on the freebie and are worried about NWN1 classic from being pulled, it might be an idea to ask him about a key.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition
Beamdog haven't enhanced any of the games they have gotten their hands on. So this isn't surprising that they are trying to pull this stunt again. I love how their biggest claimed improvement is working MP when the MP was always working in the real version of the game.
low rated
https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2018/04/Evidence-of-Unfair-Beamdog-Influence-on-Public-Venues-r-baldursgate-and-r-neverwinternights.html