It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
so you can't impotieren friends in GOG 2.0?
Post edited July 24, 2019 by Aurora90
Still haven't got my invite... and I signed up day one.
Just got my invite and imported all of my clients' data (Steam, Uplay, Epic, and Origin), and i have to say, i'm impressed!

A few things i'd like to mention, however:

- What abellante said above: The ability to add a "sort name" field – so i can have all Tomb Raider games (e.g.) in the correct order, without having to rename each and anyone to, say "Tomb Raider 1", "Tomb Raider 2", and so on.

- Since my games list is rather large, scrolling becomes a pain. So, a slightly bigger/longer scrollbar would be appreciated!

- Continuing my previous point: keyboad navigation is "disabled" (page up/down and arrow keys), until i click somewhere into the games list. But i have to be careful not to open a games page. In short: this is a bit clunky.

- Continuing some more: When you scroll the games list down, the title row (where you can sort by title, playtime, rating, etc) gets "removed" as well. So i have to scroll back up if i want to change that. That's no biggie, but again, not quite elegant. (This obviously only applies to the list view.)

That's about it for now!

Oh, except for one thing: a few of my Steam games show an incorrect amount of achievements. I have all of the Half-Life games at 100%, but some of them didn't get carried over, and i see only "82%, 100%, 27%" or somesuch. What can i do to fix this?
Post edited July 24, 2019 by rotane
Will Battlenet be added to this in the future?

Bug-type thing: My Uplay list shows Far Cry 4, which I do not own. I had it on Steam, installed and played a bit, but then refunded. It is also not on Uplay itself, but 2.0 is reading it somehow.

Finally, how are genres set: It thinks Fallout 3 is a sports game ...
Post edited July 24, 2019 by JimsMacky9350
Please add PS3/Vita games. Only PS4 added for now.
Hello,

After a while I decided to write some suggestions about the whole new Galaxy 2.0

I was thrilled, after hearing about the idea behind version 2.0. While the idea itself is great, execution not very much.
At least not what I expected.

The application itself work as a "combine" of other game clients, which was a disappointment for me.
I presume every other company (Epic/Valve/EA) would have to create some sort of Lite version of their own client to reduce the consumption of computer resources. I don't see a reason to have 5 application running for my great gaming experience (I can use web browser for purchasing games). I presume other companies might not like that idea.

That said I move to the problems and suggestion section. ;-)

Problems:
- Double Step Authentication - it seems there was an issue with it, especially Ubisoft kept sending me e-mails with code. Although it seems an update to version 2.0.4 fixed the problem for me.
- Background Issue - When browsing through games and then returnign to any view of the games (All/Installed/Each Source), the background doesn't change back to default purple/violent one, but simply makes the game background blurred. I'm not sure if that a bug, but personally I don't like it.
- Steam and Uplay Games - Unification the item in the GOG client would be nice, especially when the license key is the same.
[visual suggestion in attached image: gog2beta_02_s&u.jpg]

- Games Outside any library - There's still no possibility to add games outside any of the connected libraries (for example Rune Gold not Classis and Unreal Tournament 3)

Suggestions:
- New Column: Settings or some other name - next to the Source Column, another column having the quick access buttons like Play and Configure and also information about game being installed.
[visual suggestion in attached image: gog2beta_01_nc.jpg]

- Distinction of installed games from not installed - here I have few ideas, in list view the icon mentioned in previous point or when sorted by installed more visible separator. The other idea is the have a little fade of the items which are not installed.
[visual suggestion in attached image: gog2beta_03_id-l.jpg]

When comes to grid view, same suggestion (separator and fading) but not installed items should show from new line in the browser.
[visual suggestion in attached image: gog2beta_04_id-g.jpg]

- Side Panel: Configurable size of menu items - when using GOG client at smaller display with full HD resolution the icons and text is a bit too small.
- Side panel: Icon View - possibility to minimize the side panel simply to icon view (but the bookmarks would need to have different icons).
- Side panel: Settings Button and Profile Avatar Button - It would be nice to have more distinctive way to separate those two from the background, like the size and placing of three corner buttons: minimize/restore/close. Personally I prefer the way it was shown in Galaxy version 1.3.

Besides all that I enjoy the client. I'll keep waiting for another updates.

______
Best Regards
Oktawian "VikingWasDead" Ornoch
Attachments:
Post edited July 24, 2019 by VikingWasDead
More integrations (in order)! Twitch, Microsoft Store, Humble Bundle, Battle.net, Groupees, Indie Gala

Publishers: Bethesda, 3D Realms, Square Enix, Rockstar

If you have time: Nuuvem, Itchi.io

Also I agree on the older platforms through PSN and Xbox Live: Xbox 360 (Especially if you can mark backwards compatible), PS3, Vita

Finally let me manually add games that I have really old installers or disks for, or even old console games.
Post edited July 24, 2019 by boglesby
Alright, so maybe I'm just stupid and and didn't look hard enough, but I can't seem to find where to download offline installers/bonus content for GOG games in Galaxy 2.0. Is that functionality not available in 2.0? If that's the case then I guess I'll be going back to using original Galaxy, since I always have trouble getting those things downloaded through the website and I'm not willing to give up having DRM-free installers backed up.
Not sure if this was mentioned....but it looks like some of the older games are showing NES videos instead of PC...(pool of radiance and Might and Magic book 1)

I like the way it looks and feels though....has a launchbox feel to it.
Please Add itch.io to the libraries. its the only reason i want to use this program.
Got my invite today - awesome!

Easy to link your other platforms (steam, origin, uplay, etc).

I haven't had much time to play around with it, but I am waiting for the addition to add .exe files. I still have a good amount of physical copies of games that I have installed and I would like to see that GOG Galaxy 2 can scan for them and add them to my library.

So far things look great. Keep up the good work.
Did someone try importing big steam librarys? it got stuck in 50% importing but only imported less than 10% of the library. And because its stuck there it cant import fro other plattaforms.

Tryed close it and open it a few times but didnt worked either.

Edit: It seems to be working, just very slowly. Took like half an hour to be import most of my steam games.
Post edited July 25, 2019 by originalnicodr
Hi,
I've connected my Origin account and I cannot see Dragon Age Inquisition in my Galaxy library even though I have it on Origin. All other games appeared normally, so this is slightly odd.

Thanks.
Wanda
Please add library sorting by release date.
originalnicodr: Did someone try importing big steam librarys? it got stuck in 50% importing but only imported less than 10% of the library. And because its stuck there it cant import fro other plattaforms.

Tryed close it and open it a few times but didnt worked either.

Edit: It seems to be working, just very slowly. Took like half an hour to be import most of my steam games.
I imported my Steam library which is ~1000 games. It loaded a few, then seemed to not be doing anything for a while. Sometime later (a few minutes) the entire library seemed to be there.