It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rebellious JC Denton or death-dealing Mr 47? What kind of hero will you be today?

GOG.com is proud to announce that Square Enix is the newest heavyweight addition to our ever-growing GOG.com catalog of great games. SquareEnix is one of the biggest publishers of the modern gaming world with almost 30-years of experience and famous releases for every single existing gaming system.

Deus: Ex Game of the Year Edition and Hitman: Codename 47 are the first titles we’re releasing from Square Enix, and they're available today for $9.99 and $5.99 respectively. Both games were originally released by Eidos in 2000, but not a single drop of greatness has been lost since then. Deus Ex is a magnificent blend of remarkable storytelling, RPG customization, and action-packed shooting. With all GOG.com’s heart we recommend Deus Ex for $9.99 as one of the most captivating and rewarding games ever. EVER! Hitman, a demanding stealth/action/planning game, created a now-iconic bald assassin Mr 47. With a vague name and a vague past, Agent 47 at least has a clear goal: eliminate the target at all costs. For you, the cost of Hitman: Codename 47 is $5.99.

There are a few more heroes from SquareEnix, that deserve a special treatment from GOG.com, and we will be announcing them in coming weeks. Today, it’s time to shave your head and buy an AMT Hardballer or wear sunglasses at night and save the world from the Illuminati.

You decide what kind of hero you want to be.
Ha ha! I knew that the two games were Deus Ex and Hitman all along.

I already have Deus Ex on CD from an obscure Singaporean budget line, and I'm not really interested in Hitman - but I welcome Squeenix and Eidos, and I hope to see the original Tomb Raider games on here, as they aren't available anywhere else.

And here's hoping for Final Fantasy 7, as I've never played it before, and want to know if it's really that good.

And for some twisted reason, I'd love to see Daikatana on here. After all, you've got Gothic: Forsaken Gods on here for 10 bucks, I don't see why Daikatana can't pop up on here with a $5.99 tag.

EDIT: Please release the GOLD editions of Thief and Tomb Raider.
Post edited January 27, 2012 by pbaggers
That would be great if there was a GOG Grandia 2. She also appeared on the PC and it was making Eidos. It would be great, great game!
We need the PC versions of FF7 and FF8, stat!

And the THief games.

I'd also like to see Omikron: The Nomadic Soul...
Post edited January 27, 2012 by deejrandom
Ravenvolf: Dissapointed about the games that you released today since they are readily available everywhere.

But happy that Square Enix is added, hoping for some releases of the hard to find games soon.
Tpiom: All the games GOG are already available (somewhere)! :p

But on the more serious note, I assume you are talking about the newer games... but you don't get:
* the goodies
* a DRM free version
* A patched game!

When the games I love, that I already own, are released I will buy them again.
You are right of course. I just got excited when someone mentioned Anachronox and was hopeful that the cyber slueth referred to that and then disappointed that it was Deus Ex, I still have the original disk and have that and replayed it not long before Human Revolution came out.

Looking forward to the other releases coming out though.
Ravenvolf: You are right of course. I just got excited when someone mentioned Anachronox and was hopeful that the cyber slueth referred to that and then disappointed that it was Deus Ex,
hold your horses! the preview banners referred to 4 games, and the way it looks one of them was Thief Gold and the other was Anachronox. i bet those 2 are next week's releases.
Ravenvolf: You are right of course. I just got excited when someone mentioned Anachronox and was hopeful that the cyber slueth referred to that and then disappointed that it was Deus Ex,
Fred_DM: hold your horses! the preview banners referred to 4 games, and the way it looks one of them was Thief Gold and the other was Anachronox. i bet those 2 are next week's releases.
That would be good news good sir. Hope you are right.
Yes! Enix is in! A dream come true. :)
Personally, i would just be happy if they released a working version of Revenant. I can get get to run decently (vista 64), but getting it to work perfectly would be great, also i wouldn't risk scratching my original disk.
Fred_DM: hold your horses! the preview banners referred to 4 games, and the way it looks one of them was Thief Gold and the other was Anachronox. i bet those 2 are next week's releases.
Oh, I hope so! That would be great!

I also hope they find some way to get the PC Final Fantasy games released. I've never played a Final Fantasy game and have heard so much about how good they are.
fargus7319: That would be great if there was a GOG Grandia 2. She also appeared on the PC and it was making Eidos. It would be great, great game!
Wasn't Grandia 2 developed by Game Arts and published by Ubisoft? Howsoever... Great game and well worth the 9.99 Ubisoft price. But not as good as FF VII and VIII ;P

Perhaps we should take TheEnigmaticT's hat as hostage until they release FF VII and VIII? oO
Well fuck me, there is a god after all. Incontrovertible proof right here.
OH MY GOD, FF 7 AND 8 IS NOW A POSSIB... Wait. Waaaaaait. Square Enix. Also includes Eidos. ovbiously, given that DX1 and Hitman c47 are the first games.. could this mean.. An.. Ana.. oh god, I can't even say it, I don't want to Jinx it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMh7OqVxhDk
*pleasepleaseplease Square Enix, Please.
Just saying http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Engine :). Thief is same engine as System shock 2. It may not mean anything but one can dream right? Anyways, congrats to gog for the new publisher. Though I may not buy deus ex since I have it on steam already, I will consider hitman; Thief will be an insta buy. Btw please release Thief 2 also :D :D.
Congrats on the new publisher, GOG... but:

I predicted EA would have a negative impact on GOG, so I'm not surprised to see a second publisher requiring an additional EULA agreement. Shame to see that.

Overall, still a win so long as we get complete/best versions of each title.
ddmuse: Congrats on the new publisher, GOG... but:

I predicted EA would have a negative impact on GOG, so I'm not surprised to see a second publisher requiring an additional EULA agreement. Shame to see that.

Overall, still a win so long as we get complete/best versions of each title.
You really should check the EULA during installation.

EULAs were used before EA joined - the difference is that now you can see it before you buy the game.
Post edited January 28, 2012 by SLP2000