It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rebellious JC Denton or death-dealing Mr 47? What kind of hero will you be today?

GOG.com is proud to announce that Square Enix is the newest heavyweight addition to our ever-growing GOG.com catalog of great games. SquareEnix is one of the biggest publishers of the modern gaming world with almost 30-years of experience and famous releases for every single existing gaming system.

Deus: Ex Game of the Year Edition and Hitman: Codename 47 are the first titles we’re releasing from Square Enix, and they're available today for $9.99 and $5.99 respectively. Both games were originally released by Eidos in 2000, but not a single drop of greatness has been lost since then. Deus Ex is a magnificent blend of remarkable storytelling, RPG customization, and action-packed shooting. With all GOG.com’s heart we recommend Deus Ex for $9.99 as one of the most captivating and rewarding games ever. EVER! Hitman, a demanding stealth/action/planning game, created a now-iconic bald assassin Mr 47. With a vague name and a vague past, Agent 47 at least has a clear goal: eliminate the target at all costs. For you, the cost of Hitman: Codename 47 is $5.99.

There are a few more heroes from SquareEnix, that deserve a special treatment from GOG.com, and we will be announcing them in coming weeks. Today, it’s time to shave your head and buy an AMT Hardballer or wear sunglasses at night and save the world from the Illuminati.

You decide what kind of hero you want to be.
Square enix recently released all old Final Fantasy games on Playstation Store. Is there any hope for us to see any of them on Gog? I wish they were!
Besides the eidos games which they earned when buying the company... Square doesn't really own THAT many PC games, let alone OLD ones. So realistically, either we are going to see a bunch of Eidos games and not much else,

or we will almost HAVE to see square console games.

Also, it should be noted that they were going to re-release the PC versions of FF7 and FF8 on steam, they even included new modified launchers and stuff. But for some reason they were abandoned.
I'm hoping to see Carmageddon as well. That game left my collection when I couldn't get it to run on ME, 2000, or XP.

Guess I'll rebuy Deus Ex and Hitman. Already own them both, but like the idea of the easy installer and hope to encourage Mr. Square that the newer titles need to maker their way here DRM free as well ;)
Kyojinmaru: Bad news for who are expecting Final Fantasy VII and VIII. These two games are in the Steam database but inactive (you can see it with ClientRegistry Toolkit). Valve and Square haven't given approval to sell the games because the inestability with new operating systems.

This can change, but I doubt it.
There is already a way to make it stable,
an OpenGL injecter, there is already one out, they would just have to either make a similar system or ask for permission to use the one currently out.

< Has recently replayed FF8 on his 64bit computer, full screen at 1680x1050 rez, and windowed slightly lower with not a single crash, slowdown, or similar
godzilla2k: http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ec29e68600b3e09ca36613d2ff5f5138&amp;board=3.0

These two preloaded and sold with FF7 = instant unstoppable purchase!
Actually,
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ec29e68600b3e09ca36613d2ff5f5138&amp;board=33.0
Preloaded with FF7 and FF8 would work better, since the first link is just mods, my link is directly to the OpenGL injector that allows it to work at any rez, windowed or full screen.
Post edited January 26, 2012 by SirCabbage
Ravenvolf: Dissapointed about the games that you released today since they are readily available everywhere.

But happy that Square Enix is added, hoping for some releases of the hard to find games soon.
All the games GOG are already available (somewhere)! :p

But on the more serious note, I assume you are talking about the newer games... but you don't get:
* the goodies
* a DRM free version
* A patched game!

When the games I love, that I already own, are released I will buy them again.
From Eidos part, there are many, many games to choose from and the Tomb Raider series are a no brainer as each and every single one of them are already available for PC, same with the Legacy of Kain series (I want my Soul Reaver, damn it!!), but from Square Enix part... I can only think about Final Fantasy VII and VIII with lots of fixes and patches.

Just as a curiosity, it'll be interesting (and awesome) if they release their 16 bit classics, maybe using one of the many Snes (Snes9x) and Nes (Nestopia) emulators.
I'd love to see Final Fantasy VII & VIII to get added to the GOG catalog now that Squenix finally got here.

While I have the full PC versions, I can't get them working on my new computer (either the software is too old or the discs have received some unperceived damage)... so it would be great for them to get the GOG treatment.
Kingdom O' Magic, Bubble Bobble... could it be?
So, how about them Final Fantasies?

No, there are a lot of other games from SE/Eidos first.
Thief and Anachornox comes to mind.
Wouldn't mind seeing the PC versions of FF7/8 come eventually, though.
I wear my suuuuuuunglasses at night so I can so I caaaaan kill terrorists.
Super awesome, waiting for hitman 2 before splashing down a little cash.

Also, do your best to sort out the pc versions of FF7 AND 8 gog team, so you can get super nova levels of sales and recognition. ;)

I have a good feeling they'll come on here, simply is a question of when.
Dominus: THIEF OR GTFO! :D
Totally agree! =)
Thief and all of the Legacy of Kain games please.
Ohh man, ,might we see the Thief series added to the GOG stable? Dare I dream?
Frankly, I don't give a hoot about Square Enix and its own games (those very few older PC titles of theirs that even exist), and anyone who expects much more than Eidos games is fooling himself. Seeing emulated titles here is just a pipe dream. I don't count on it, and I don't particularly care either way. Just having Eidos's archive on-board is big enough a deal for me as is.