It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jefequeso: unless... what exactly is a "jester" role?

(mafiascum is still down)
Rodzaju: A jester wins when they are lynched.
Ahh, I see.

Well, that could explain Damuna, actually. Is there any reason that we DON'T want to lynch a jester? I could see them getting in the way further along down the line... muddying the waters. Not that I'm suggesting we lynch Damuna, you understand... it's just a question.
Rodzaju: A jester wins when they are lynched.
jefequeso: Ahh, I see.

Well, that could explain Damuna, actually. Is there any reason that we DON'T want to lynch a jester? I could see them getting in the way further along down the line... muddying the waters. Not that I'm suggesting we lynch Damuna, you understand... it's just a question.
Well there's still the possibility that there's some ulterior motive... maybe she's a vengeful* jester? Or this could be a plan to make us wary of lynching her because she is in fact mafia.

*vengeful is the modifier version of bomb, because jester-bomb or bomb-jester would be weird. Like how beloved is the modifier of princess, so you don't have to have silly role names like Princess Gossipy Cop.
jefequeso: Ahh, I see.

SirPrimalform: Well there's still the possibility that there's some ulterior motive... maybe she's a vengeful* jester? Or this could be a plan to make us wary of lynching her because she is in fact mafia.

*vengeful is the modifier version of bomb, because jester-bomb or bomb-jester would be weird. Like how beloved is the modifier of princess, so you don't have to have silly role names like Princess Gossipy Cop.
so in other words, he might kill whoever hammers/NKs him?
xzyem: I believe stoicsentry was trying to point out a pattern of nonevoters.. in which you were only included because Damnation forgot you voting. So far the most solid one coming from that idea of stoics is Detlik - meaning that he posted some explanation that could be taken as a very slight softclaim and still doesn't say much.

jefequeso: woah woah woah... first you don't even know how to play mafia, now you're talking like you know how scum would act?
Maybe that was why he was less active: Reading up upon the mafia wiki (since we linked to that and other games he might have learned something from it) :D Or as SPF suggested, we're being trolled. The whole sentence about scum could easily be from the wiki (which I admit I never read the closely). But yea, agreed that it comes of as odd with his return improved.

Also I don't really see Damuna as a jester, seems to me like former jester roles on GOG have all spouted insane gibberish or made more disturbing comments to get themselves lynched. Damuna's approach if jester seems way more low key and seems to be more of a trick than a lynch me now thing. Could be that she has a restriction, like say have to be lynched on day2? I recall something like that in an earlier game. But nah, its pure speculation and before I see more posts from Damuna I really don't know what to think about it.
How does vengeful modifies bomb? I've got feeling xzyem was fooling us before.
Interesting theory about the vengeful!Damuna. That might explain why she offered to hammer herself...

@Rodzaju, any comment on the other goings on in the thread? I know you've been busy, but I'm getting the impression so far that you're only ever focusing on the target of the hour... Damuna first, then nmillar.

xzyem's latest... I dunno. The more I read it, the odder it feels...
Vitek: How does vengeful modifies bomb? I've got feeling xzyem was fooling us before.
It doesn't modify bomb, it means bomb. If you have a vengeful cop, it means they're a cop and a bomb.

Anyway, my post was just wild speculation. I don't particularly think that Damuna is a jester, although it does seem like she's up to something. We may be left with no choice but to lynch her just to get some answers.
NotFrenchYet: @Rodzaju, any comment on the other goings on in the thread? I know you've been busy, but I'm getting the impression so far that you're only ever focusing on the target of the hour... Damuna first, then nmillar.
I try to keep up to date on the thread a few times a day.
Anything that jumps out at me as really worth a mention gets one pretty much straight away.
I jumped on SPF's killer comment as soon as I saw it.
I commented on Damuna's idea as soon as I saw it.
I stepped into the Nmillar / Vitek thing as soon as I was able to form an opinion about it.
Perhaps this is why I "focus on the target of the hour".
Once the Vitek / Nmillar think kicked off, there were very few new comments about Damuna, so nothing new to say about that.

Speaking of which, I am cautious about lynching Damuna.
As I previously mentioned, I'm not sure how, but I'm worried that it will bite us.
However, it is presenting a lot of wine & muddying the waters.
We may HAVE to lynch her, just to get some clarity.

Hey, Damuna: You seem to have nicked my traditional role.....!!
;-}
Vitek: How does vengeful modifies bomb? I've got feeling xzyem was fooling us before.
I wish could edit this into my previous post, but a better way of putting it would be:

Vengeful modifies other roles by adding "kills hammer/murderer on lynch/NK". Vengeful doesn't really modify bomb (unless a non-vengeful bomb doesn't do anything?).
Thanks, didn't know that. So vengeful bomb is unnecessary modifier? Or some kind of megabomb?
:-)
I thought the distinction was Vengeful was "kills person who NKed", while Bomb was "kills hammerer in a lynch", meaning the two similar abilities don't actually overlap?
Wait wait wait just a second here.

In post 327 Nmillar claims to be against meta reads in response to those who claim he is pulling the same move as a known scum in another game.

But in post 365, Nmillar uses a meta read of his own gameplay to try to point to why he is using a town strategy.

Hm. So you don't like meta when it makes you look scummy, but it's fine when you look town? I think this is pretty much the first real contradiction in the game.

Unvote RVS vote. Vote nmillar
PenutBrittle: Wait wait wait just a second here.

In post 327 Nmillar claims to be against meta reads in response to those who claim he is pulling the same move as a known scum in another game.

But in post 365, Nmillar uses a meta read of his own gameplay to try to point to why he is using a town strategy.

Hm. So you don't like meta when it makes you look scummy, but it's fine when you look town? I think this is pretty much the first real contradiction in the game.

Unvote RVS vote. Vote nmillar
It was a direct response to a meta-gaming question. How else was I supposed to answer it?
nmillar: It was a direct response to a meta-gaming question. How else was I supposed to answer it?
The first post was a direct response to a meta-gaming question too, but didn't stop you from claiming that you don't like meta theories then.
nmillar: It was a direct response to a meta-gaming question. How else was I supposed to answer it?
PenutBrittle: The first post was a direct response to a meta-gaming question too, but didn't stop you from claiming that you don't like meta theories then.
I don't like meta-gaming. The only time I use it is when responding to somebody who has raised a meta-gaming question. In this case, Red_Baron asked if the strategy I'm using had been successful in previous games. The only way I could possibly answer this is by referring to previous games.