It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PenutBrittle: I'm finding it interesting how many people are trying to say we're out of RVS. The only non-RVS votes so far have been centred around a "bandwagon" that really just reads as a couple of pressure votes to me.

Bit of a random theory, but it seems to me that the mafia is trying to get out of RVS asap. Maybe trying to get town squabbling about things like the mini bandwagon on NFY and the players pursuing it.
I have to question the theory, because I would think that the mafia would benefit from everyone throwing random votes around until someone blinks, and then a deadline pops up and everyone panics to try to pull out a lynch target with a decent case so they don't look bad.

I think the people most interested in staying in RVS are the Mafia, since a panicking town is easier to control.

vote Jefequeso
Just for reference...

Not voting (10): SirPrimalform, QuadrAlien, Xzyem, TwilightBard, Detlik, stoicsentry, NotFrenchYet, Damuna, jefequeso, pazzer

Not voting (4): Detlik, TwilightBard, jefequeso, xzyem

Not voting (7): Detlik, TwilightBard, jefequeso, xzyem, Red_Baron, NotFrenchYet, QuadrAlien,
Hmmmm, I'll take the extra post, cause I Was reading one thing and typing another.

Unvote Jefequeso, Vote PenutBrittle

blah, I'm losing my mind...or already lost it, one of the two.
It seems to me quite weird that Detlik hasn't voted yet.

So, Unvote, Vote Detlik.
stoicsentry: Just for reference...

Not voting (10): SirPrimalform, QuadrAlien, Xzyem, TwilightBard, Detlik, stoicsentry, NotFrenchYet, Damuna, jefequeso, pazzer

Not voting (4): Detlik, TwilightBard, jefequeso, xzyem

Not voting (7): Detlik, TwilightBard, jefequeso, xzyem, Red_Baron, NotFrenchYet, QuadrAlien,
Aren't both Detlik and xzyem new players? That's the common factor I see.
PenutBrittle: I'm finding it interesting how many people are trying to say we're out of RVS. The only non-RVS votes so far have been centred around a "bandwagon" that really just reads as a couple of pressure votes to me.

Bit of a random theory, but it seems to me that the mafia is trying to get out of RVS asap. Maybe trying to get town squabbling about things like the mini bandwagon on NFY and the players pursuing it.
TwilightBard: I have to question the theory, because I would think that the mafia would benefit from everyone throwing random votes around until someone blinks, and then a deadline pops up and everyone panics to try to pull out a lynch target with a decent case so they don't look bad.

I think the people most interested in staying in RVS are the Mafia, since a panicking town is easier to control.

vote Jefequeso
Explain
jefequeso: Explain
I typed the wrong name, and corrected it in the post after stoic posted. read 178
jefequeso: Explain
TwilightBard: I typed the wrong name, and corrected it in the post after stoic posted. read 178
Ahh, I see.
I will defer to Twilight Bard's experience.

Unvote, vote PeanutBrittle
You raise a good point. I hadn't considered it.

However, I was just observing that several people were actively trying to move away from RVS at once. RVS (to me) isn't a thing that just ends, it leads to other discussions. We haven't actually had other discussions or theories surface yet (besides the NFY/Vitek/Damuna thing, which I think is one big dead end). Saying RVS is over without anywhere else to proceed leaves town directionless and makes it easy for the mafia to start pressing mislynches for bad reasons, because town will just be happy to jump in for or against a case.

I'm not trying to go full OMGUS here, but getting two votes suddenly for voicing a random theory, one which I don't even act on whatsoever, is a bit weird. I can understand the refuting of my theory, but not the votes in return. Care to actually justify it?
PenutBrittle: I'm not trying to go full OMGUS here, but getting two votes suddenly for voicing a random theory, one which I don't even act on whatsoever, is a bit weird. I can understand the refuting of my theory, but not the votes in return. Care to actually justify it?
Sorry PB. Eh do you have any better idea right now? Because if so, I'm all ears. Got nothin' to go on besides the suggestion of a vet.

I forgot to bold, so, for now,

Unvote, vote PeanutBrittle
PenutBrittle: You raise a good point. I hadn't considered it.

However, I was just observing that several people were actively trying to move away from RVS at once. RVS (to me) isn't a thing that just ends, it leads to other discussions. We haven't actually had other discussions or theories surface yet (besides the NFY/Vitek/Damuna thing, which I think is one big dead end). Saying RVS is over without anywhere else to proceed leaves town directionless and makes it easy for the mafia to start pressing mislynches for bad reasons, because town will just be happy to jump in for or against a case.

I'm not trying to go full OMGUS here, but getting two votes suddenly for voicing a random theory, one which I don't even act on whatsoever, is a bit weird. I can understand the refuting of my theory, but not the votes in return. Care to actually justify it?
Day 1 tends to BE directionless, since only the mafia tends to know who they are, and they just want people dead. The town does fumble around a bit trying to catch it's bearings as everyone looks at one another with a degree of paranoia. Is the person I'm agreeing with Mafia? Am I being led into a trap? What if my argument pulls a power role out into the open?

I'm just under the opinion that you deliberately want the town to stay in RVS which isn't beneficial. The mini-bandwagons and weaker theories are just how things start.

stoicsentry: Got nothin' to go on besides the suggestion of a vet.
This is kinda dangerous, because you really don't know alignments. No one will give bad information on Mafia basics (which would be stupid for the Mafia to do, and frankly no fun for everyone else), but at this point it's hard to tell what's a pressure vote, and what's a mafia trying to plan something.

Not sure what terms you might not know, but we'll explain as time goes on if you ask.
TwilightBard: This is kinda dangerous, because you really don't know alignments. No one will give bad information on Mafia basics (which would be stupid for the Mafia to do, and frankly no fun for everyone else), but at this point it's hard to tell what's a pressure vote, and what's a mafia trying to plan something.

Not sure what terms you might not know, but we'll explain as time goes on if you ask.
Isn't the first lynch dangerous pretty much no matter what you do? I mean as you said day1 tends to be directionless.
TwilightBard: I'm just under the opinion that you deliberately want the town to stay in RVS which isn't beneficial. The mini-bandwagons and weaker theories are just how things start.
Attributing opinions to me that aren't mine, are we? One might find that a bit scummy now, one might.

I don't want to stay in RVS (in fact, I'm not a fan of it at all). I just think there isn't really a distinct end to it. It just sort of stops happening as theories and opinions form. Nobody has formed any theories or opinions with legs yet. Why are people declaring RVS to be "over", unvoting, and then waiting for the next bandwagon to form? That's my question to the other townies.
TwilightBard: I'm just under the opinion that you deliberately want the town to stay in RVS which isn't beneficial. The mini-bandwagons and weaker theories are just how things start.
PenutBrittle: Attributing opinions to me that aren't mine, are we? One might find that a bit scummy now, one might.

I don't want to stay in RVS (in fact, I'm not a fan of it at all). I just think there isn't really a distinct end to it. It just sort of stops happening as theories and opinions form. Nobody has formed any theories or opinions with legs yet. Why are people declaring RVS to be "over", unvoting, and then waiting for the next bandwagon to form? That's my question to the other townies.
I don't know, is it your experience that day 1 lynchings are more than just random?