It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finally finished the DS version of Final Fantasy IV Took longer than expected, as the final dungeon was a total grindfest.

Also finished a couple of iPhone games earlier - :Shift:, and Angry Birds Free.

Oh, and some time ago I finished Puzzle Quest
Post edited February 05, 2011 by Zchinque
StingingVelvet: Pick certain skills, mostly sneak and explosives I believe, and run straight to the ending locations. There are videos of it on youtube probably, or speeddemosarchive. As Export said Fallout 2 is the same.
reaver894: That defeats the point though, why play a game without experiencing what it has to offer. My 10 hour run did pretty much everything. (Although I admit I lockpicked the BoS door and went to the glow when I had PA for the rad res)
Well, I said it CAN be beat in 7 minutes, I didn't say that was the best way to play the game! Haha... I doubt anyone would go for that on their first playthrough.

Many old Western RPGs can be beaten like that... Morrowind is another, just head straight to the volcano.
reaver894: That defeats the point though, why play a game without experiencing what it has to offer. My 10 hour run did pretty much everything. (Although I admit I lockpicked the BoS door and went to the glow when I had PA for the rad res)
StingingVelvet: Well, I said it CAN be beat in 7 minutes, I didn't say that was the best way to play the game! Haha... I doubt anyone would go for that on their first playthrough.

Many old Western RPGs can be beaten like that... Morrowind is another, just head straight to the volcano.
I tried that with morrowing, got destroyed.
StingingVelvet: Well, I said it CAN be beat in 7 minutes, I didn't say that was the best way to play the game! Haha... I doubt anyone would go for that on their first playthrough.

reaver894: I tried that with morrowing, got destroyed.
You need certain skills and a lot of luck to get it done at level one, for sure.
so far, i have completed commandos 1, 2 and 3, super meat boy and gran tourismo 5.. and right now, im just about to finish dead space 2.. i think i'll make an offline list though, and posst it at the end of the year, if i remember it :p
A good day for beating games it seems - just comåøeted Costume Quest.

The game was good, but a bit on the easy side. Could also have benefited from having a tad more complex combat system.
Altered Beast (Genesis version)

Not sure if this counts since I cheated with save states - saved at the beginning of every level and at the beginning of every boss fight.
And beat Grubbins on Ice.
Metroid: Other M.
Another day, another game - Super Mario Bros 2.

A game I'm glad to have played, but can't really say that I enjoyed.
Im a bit of an achievement junkie on the 360 which does result in me playing some real tat

After a slow start to the year due to work and social events I have finished

Divinity 2 flames of vengance
Oblivion Shivering Isles
Megamind ultimate showdown
Edit: Forgot about gray matter

So im way behind the 30something I finished last year

Currently grinding Space Chimps which is quite frankly terrible, but nothing will be worse than Jumper
Post edited February 07, 2011 by ViolatorX
reaver894: (Although I admit I lockpicked the BoS door and went to the glow when I had PA for the rad res)
I just did that part and didn't bother curing the radiation and it was fine. I got back to the BoS base with zero radiation again. I'm not even sure what radiation is meant to do in Fallout. I remember always being wary of it but I'm not sure why now.

But as for your other (non-quoted) point (and slightly spoilerish stuff follows), I agree that doing it that quickly would ruin it - at least the first time. It's just nice to know that, in a believable sort of way, the world is all there from the start and you don't have to jump through about 60 hours of forced narrative just to make the final boss appear so you can kill him. I haven't done the Military Base yet, but I do know that with a high enough speech you can just talk The Master out of his plan, so if you go straight to his location, it'll be a very quick process indeed. You don't need to get the water chip if you defeat The Master and complete the Military Base in time.
Post edited February 06, 2011 by Export
NWN2 OC, now gotta do the expansion packs >_< but still pretty epic adventure xD
Drakensang The River of Time. I very enjoyable old school type of RPG well worth playing.
Finished Velvet Assassin yesterday evening.

I had read bad things about this game but I still bought it from Gamersgate for 2.50€. I must say that I enjoyed the game.

The main story isn't really interesting / a good one but when doing each mission as an infiltration mission during the war, it is a lot of fun. The gameplay is good and if an enemy spots us it is always possible to get rid of him... but don't try to make all the game blasting through enemies (except on the last mission, where we're obliged to do so and I really don't understand that developers's choice).

The game is a direct console port (see the game menu) and the localization is not always perfect (the one responsible for "JUE EN PAUSE" on the pause screen which allows to see the map, inventory, objectives... should be fired). Progress is done through checkpoints which are mostly well placed (except on the mission before the last one) and it is really linear.

If you like infiltration and need a stealth game, for less than 5€, it is a good deal.