It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Tyrian 2000 yesterday.

It was too hard, even on easy mode. I have lots of games to play and not much patience. So, as I was not so interested in this game, I played the first two episode normally but when it got too hard, I enabled god mode to finish the other three episodes. I would say that, difficulty set aside, it is a quite good game for people enjoying shoot-em ups (except the levels with noses, eyes, tongues... what were they thinking ?).
adding:

inFamous 2

Was hoping to have this one done much earlier to keep the review closer to the release date, but I failed on that one thanks to my ill-timed addiction to Dragon Age: Origins. But I'm all done now.

This game was a lot of fun, and a great sequel! The slight differences to Cole's appearance and voice acting were a little surprising at first, but I learned to appreciate them and ultimately decided that they were great improvements. They made him seem a little less "emotionless dude with powers" and a little more human. And thanks to motion capture, the cutscenes and facial animations are hugely improved over the previous title. Some of the exchanges with Cole and Zeke were genuinely funny, particularly one towards the end of the game where they didn't even say anything at all. You definitely get the impression this time that these two were longtime friends.

Whereas in the first game you need to work up to earning the ability to grind on power lines and glide between buildings, you start off with those powers intact in inFamous 2, as well as the lightning grenade. You don't start out full-powered, but it's not a lame "find a way to remove all powers" move that most superhero sequels tend to pull. It starts you off with things that make navigating the city more convenient, and that's much appreciated.

It's a cool sense of tension how the game tracks The Beast and its distance from New Marais (this game's replacement for Empire City). The plot wasn't really mindblowing, but it was decent enough to keep progress interesting during the great gameplay, and provided for an interesting ending as well.

The only outright complaint I have is that the moral decisions felt way too paint-by-number. After playing Dragon Age: Origins and L.A. Noire recently, moral grey areas are absolutely necessary for games like this, but inFamous 2 literallysays "this choice is evil, and this choice is good." So if you're deciding to play the "Hero," your choice is obvious, and if you're on an "Evil" playthrough, you know what to do. The game does nothing to reward you for changing it up mid-playthrough, so why it even bothers giving a choice other than at the very start, I don't know. It makes the moral decisions mid-game pretty pointless. There's never any thought involved. These days, if you're going to introduce a concept like this, you need consequences for every decision, something that will make you stop and think about what you're planning to do.

Otherwise, fun game, great sequel, and any fan of the first inFamous absolutely should play it. Full review will be up on Default Prime this weekend.
Post edited July 14, 2011 by bowlingotter
1. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (hard)
2. Commandos: Behind enemy lines
3. Commandos: Beyond the call of duty (hard)
4. Duke Nukem Forever (hard)
5. Battlefield: Bad company 2 (med, hard)
6. Kingpin (med)
7. A Vampyre story
8. Magicka
9. Left 4 Dead 1,2
10. Starcraft 2 (brutal)
11. Sacrifice (James)
12. Disciples Gold (easy, Mountain Clans)
13. Duke Nukem 3D (hard)
14. LoK: Soul reaver 2
15. LoK: Defiance
16. The Witcher 2 (med)
17. Max Payne (hard)
18. Hunted: The Demons Forge (med,coop)
19. Gears of War (hard, coop)
20. Tales of Monkey Island
21. The secret of Monkey Island (special ed)
22. Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck's revenge (special ed)
23. Darksiders (med)
24. Psychonauts
Post edited July 14, 2011 by cosminm
sebarnolds: Finished Tyrian 2000 yesterday.

It was too hard, even on easy mode. I have lots of games to play and not much patience. So, as I was not so interested in this game, I played the first two episode normally but when it got too hard, I enabled god mode to finish the other three episodes. I would say that, difficulty set aside, it is a quite good game for people enjoying shoot-em ups (except the levels with noses, eyes, tongues... what were they thinking ?).
The last episode gets really hard, but the campaign is really easy otherwise if you outfit your ship correctly. Atom bombs are awesome in the beginning, but the plasma whatever its called, though its depleted in no time, also kills bosses in no time!
Drakensang
King Arthur ( well, finished the campaign but to actually finish the game, I'll have to try other paths as well, later, when I have time)
East India Company
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
Dragon Age: Origins - Leliana's Song
Dragon Age: Origins - Witch Hunt
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker

So, half retail titles and half DLC -- I had already finished DA:O's The Stone Prisoner, Return to Ostagar and Warden's Keep in December 2010 as part of the same playthrough as the above content, which is why they're not in the list.

Lair of the Shadow Broker has become the standard by which all future DLC (by anyone, for any game) will be measured. It was absolutely awesome! DA:O's DLC was mostly just too short, which made it hard to justify the price tags, though I did very much enjoy Warden's Keep and Witch Hunt, even though the latter left me with more questions than I would've liked. Morrigan is one of my favorite BioWare characters ever (right up there with BG2's Irenicus), so it was nice to at least get some (any!) kind of closure on her story.

Right now I'm playing King's Bounty: Crossworlds (Orcs on the March campaign), Fallout: New Vegas and Crusader: No Remorse, and I expect to finish that last one next week. I also have savegames for The Witcher and Planescape: Torment backed up from earlier this year and waiting to be used at some point in the future.
Recently finished Syberia 2.

And while not full games, I've beaten the Reefer Madness and A Slip of the Tongue DLC cases for L.A. Noire.
Since joining GOG (update):

Serious Sam First Encounter
Vampire The Masquarade
Another World
MDK
Moto Racer
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Simon the Sorceror I
Moto Racer 2
Raptor
Police Quest I
Megarace I
Painkiller
Fantasy Wars
Megarace I
Shogo Mobile Armor Division
Disciples Gold
Jagged Alliances (soon)
Post edited July 15, 2011 by Magnitus
Adding The Ur-Quan Masters (AKA Star Control II). Loved the various races. Things like those should appear more often nowadays.

Games finished so far:
World of Goo, Samorost 1 and 2, Gish, Arcanum: of Steamworks & Magick Obscura, Tron 2.0, Beneath a Steel Sky, Lugaru HD, Enclave, Chrome: Specforce, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Red Baron, Outcast, The Witcher, The Ur-Quan Masters.
Medal of Nonor,Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
L.A. Noire (+ The Naked City and Nicholson Electroplating DLC cases)

Edit: Compiled list from this thread (might nor be complete)

PC:
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Football Manager 2011
Machinarium
Painkiller
Portal 2
Puzzle Quest
Syberia
Syberia 2

PS3:
Blue Toad Murder Files: Episode 1 & Episode 3
Costume Quest (+ Grubbins on Ice)
Final Fantasy XIII
Golden Axe
Guilty Gear
L.A. Noire (+ Reefer Madness, A Slip of the Tongue, The Naked City and Nicholson Electroplating DLC cases)
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
Shatter
Sonic the Hedgehog
Streets of Rage 2
Super Stardust HD

Wii:
Castlevania
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Mega Man 2
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Castlevania IV

iPhone:
:Shift:
Angry Birds Free
Final Fantasy
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor

DS:
Final Fantasy IV

SNES:
The Lost Vikings

PSP:
LittleBigPlanet PSP

For a total of 38 titles so far.
Post edited July 17, 2011 by Zchinque
apoc17: I still need to buy and beat Hl 2 and its ep 1-2...

You just remembered me !
Kabuto: Where were you on canada day when they were all on sale? Encore sale perhaps on the 10th?
I just never buy from steam...
Cthulhu Saves The World

Very nice retro jrpg.
DNF
Magicka vietnam
Dawn of war 40k + winter assault
Just finished:
Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance.

So far, I've finished this year [from newest completion to first completion]:
Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance; Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money. Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts; Hydrophobia: Prophecy; Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx; Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony; Bulletstorm; The Witcher 2; Dragon Age 2; Risen; Two Worlds 2; Medal of Honor [2010 Reboot]; Dead Space 2; STALKER: Call Of Pripyat.