It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
Leroux: I'd have expected something like Duke Nukem 3D or Shadow Warrior Classic for 90% off, you know, games that have been free on GOG at one time or are still free or cheap in other stores. But we're already past the released dates of these two.

Something like Arx Fatalis for $0.59 would make me both happy and sad; happy because everyone should get a chance to play it, sad because that would be a bad omen, what with Bethesda owning Arkane Studios and the Fallout games recently removed from GOG.
Sadly, Arx Fatalis will be pulled at some point. The agreement is between Arkan Studio and GOG and Bethesda said they'll let run its course but have no interest in renewing it after it expires.
Of course, if - by a miracle - an agreement is signed between Bethesda and GOG for the Fallout games, then there's hope for Arx Fatalis too.
Out of that list I'm hoping they pick Unreal Gold or Thief Gold for 1998.
Guys, which Unreal would y'all suggest I buy?
MartynD88: Out of that list I'm hoping they pick Unreal Gold or Thief Gold for 1998.
Hope it's Unreal. I already have Thief. :D
mondo84: I have a feeling the lone $0.59 game will be Super Hexagon at 80% off from it's normal price of $2.99.
Ghorpm: Highly unlikely. It's a game from 2012. Check your email from GOG about this promo - you can clearly see Legend of Grimrock and it's a game from, surprise, surprise! 2012. So I would say this slot is already taken ;) We can, however, see some other time trick, just like it was with Sim City 2000 but... it's highly unlikely ;)

EDIT: I place my bet on King of Dragon Pass 90% off
I can't decide if KoDP 90% off would be a good thing, because more people will get to play one of the best games ever, or a bad thing, because the game is worth way more than that.
I hope it is Caesar 3, Thief Gold, or Baldur's Gate.
Vercinger: I've never played a Star Control game, but if they're as good as people say, I owe it to myself to try them.
Mr.Spatula: Google the ur-quan masters.

It's Star Control 2 ported to modern OSes and renamed (because they had the source code but not the right to use the name) and released as freeware.
Vercinger: I've never played a Star Control game, but if they're as good as people say, I owe it to myself to try them.
geminidomino: Star Control was kind of like "Battle chess in space" or "Archon in space" - basic point capture where you played out the space battle for contested spots.

SC2 was a completely different game. It was exploration in a huge galaxy, with the same combat. It is almost more of a spiritual successor to Starflight than to Star Control, and is easily one of my favorite PC games of all time.

Star Control 2 was open sourced and renamed "The Ur-Quan Masters" by Toys for Bob (Accolade owned the name, they owned the code). It's been ported to just about anything it can be ported to by now (Even the GP2X, I seem to remember) and is well worth giving a try.
Awesome, thanks for filling me in on that.
I already have Unreal, so I could go for Thief. My budget retail edition is one of those really weird double-sided discs (contains Thief 2 on the other side), and my old PC has trouble reading it.
Post edited January 29, 2014 by Malek86
Looking at that 1999 list.... I like Rayman, but there is little reason it should beat some of those classics on that list. The 90s really did end with a bang for PC gaming.

Edit: Also, Neverwinter Nights 2 was released in 2006 according to the game's page. So it is a possibility for then.

Edit again: And Rayman is in the 1998 slot!
Post edited January 29, 2014 by Fictionvision
Fictionvision: Looking at that 1999 list.... I like Rayman, but there is little reason it should beat some of those classics on that list. The 90s really did end with a bang for PC gaming.

Edit: Also, Neverwinter Nights 2 was released in 2006 according to the game's page. So it is a possibility for then.

Edit again: And Rayman is in the 1998 slot!
Apparently beat those other options by a whole year.
GOG! Get your release dates straight!
Rayman for 1998, uh. Already have it (and I still think the original DOS version is better... not sure why they went for Forever on GOG).

Well I don't think we'll get Rayman 2 later then. Wouldn't susrprise me to see System Shock 2 for 1999.
What the deuce!, I thought Rayman Forever released in 1999. Time Machine is running low on lemon batteries.
Leroux: Something like Arx Fatalis for $0.59 would make me both happy and sad; happy because everyone should get a chance to play it, sad because that would be a bad omen, what with Bethesda owning Arkane Studios and the Fallout games recently removed from GOG.
Wow, I didn't know that the Fallout games were removed.

I'm sure Bethesda and GOG will get a deal again sometime, funny, you'd think they would try and do this in advance so it would go through smoothly.

I guess Bethesda likes to annoy the fans of the classic Fallout series.
Malek86: Rayman for 1998, uh. Already have it (and I still think the original DOS version is better... not sure why they went for Forever on GOG).

Well I don't think we'll get Rayman 2 later then. Wouldn't susrprise me to see System Shock 2 for 1999.
Or something of DnD pack like Planescape: Torment.