It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
donsanderson: Just out of curiosity, and maybe relieve the boredom of watching The Witcher keane, has anyone seen any new forum members that joined in 2014?
One would think this sale would bring some in, if only to complain. ;)
I've seen late 2013 but no 14.
shadowbaneaxe: Haven't really been paying attention to it, to be honest.

But really, every gamer worth his salt should have a GOG account by now. Even if it was just to get free Fallout copies ;)
I'm funny about new sites I guess.
I always check the forums and ask a question or two before I decide to buy things there.
It was the helpful, non-flaming answers and fun in the GOG forums that got me here. :-)
Wow, 2939 (2940 with me) comments for these sales ! The madness is coming back :)
Dosudro: Thanks to those who suggested PayPal. Sadly no dice. I've checked the giftcard a few times to be sure. I've got $4.60 on it so everything should work.

I've tried PayPal prepaid giftcard and Debit/Credit process types and both failed. Anyone have any other tricks? I know the card itself does not support foreign transactions, but I'd hoped that the PayPal option would process locally and then it would work.

~~Dos
Any luck yet? Otherwise I've got a spare key I can PM you... :-)
The sale would be better if we could see what was coming. That way we could at least set our alarm clocks to be awake to hit the buy and purchase. I missed 2003 - 2006 due to sleep. :(
stardust_79: Wow, 2939 (2940 with me) comments for these sales ! The madness is coming back :)
Yesh. Although it's not going to come close to the post count from the insomnia sale :p

schlitch: The sale would be better if we could see what was coming. That way we could at least set our alarm clocks to be awake to hit the buy and purchase. I missed 2003 - 2006 due to sleep. :(
Agreed. Good suggestion! You should submit it as feedback.

On the other hand... it probably wouldn't be quite so busy on the forums if everyone knew what would be coming up next. The uncertainty is one of the things that encourages people to hang out and chat, awaiting the next reveal and all that.
Post edited January 30, 2014 by shadowbaneaxe
schlitch: The sale would be better if we could see what was coming. That way we could at least set our alarm clocks to be awake to hit the buy and purchase. I missed 2003 - 2006 due to sleep. :(
Thing is the offers have run from 33 minutes to over 6 hours depending on sales! ;-/
Post edited January 30, 2014 by donsanderson
Well that is a bummer. :(
I was hoping to pick up some of the ones I missed.

It would be nice if they would at least run it based on the hours that they used with the DRM free sale. I was able to keep up on that one. I bought a lot of games too!

I am sure we are getting new members. I took a while to post in the forums too. :)
donsanderson: Thing is the offers have run from 33 minutes to over 6 hours depending on sales! ;-/
One could still make an estimate based on how fast the timer is moving and the perceived popularity of a game.
shadowbaneaxe: Hmm. I thought it was supposed to mean something that seems to last forever. Or something that sticks around and just doesn't seem to go away, like some sort of digital chewing gum.
Yes that was the original derivation but it has since branched out and can be used as a replacement word to emphasize certain other words by colorfully adding to their more common uses. Or the short version to make as many bad puns as humanly possible, because why the heck not? :P
donsanderson: Thing is the offers have run from 33 minutes to over 6 hours depending on sales! ;-/
Yep. An alarm clock would have done no good with Deus Keane and Keane City 2000
shadowbaneaxe: One could still make an estimate based on how fast the timer is moving and the perceived popularity of a game.
True
Looks like I missed Gothic! :(
donsanderson: Just out of curiosity, and maybe relieve the boredom of watching The Witcher keane, has anyone seen any new forum members that joined in 2014?
I'm pretty new here and I bought it :)

Besides, do you guys think that Witcher 2 will come on sale as part of the time machine campaign? I live in Europe, so it would probably be in the middle of the night... :(
Darn cant believe I missed Might & Magic 6 pack :(
DanyKing: I'm pretty new here and I bought it :)

Besides, do you guys think that Witcher 2 will come on sale as part of the time machine campaign? I live in Europe, so it would probably be in the middle of the night... :(
That's a sure thing. Witcher 2 is absolutely comes up.