It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
RandomJC: Out of curiosity, what was 91-95?
Sinistar is maintaining a nice list

Copying from there...
1991: Wing Commander 1+2 - $1.49 (75% off) [1:55]
1992: Star Control 1+2 - $1.49 (75% off) [1:49]
1993: Cannon Fodder - $1.49 (75% off)
1994: Jagged Alliance - $1.19 (80% off)
1995: Crusader: No Remorse - $1.49 (75% off)
ohh i regret missing crusader so much.. :-( but i grabbed tombraider trilogy for my girlfriend at least :-)
Post edited January 29, 2014 by flanner
RandomJC: Out of curiosity, what was 91-95?
onyxmonkey: Sinistar is maintaining a nice list

Copying from there...
1991: Wing Commander 1+2 - $1.49 (75% off) [1:55]
1992: Star Control 1+2 - $1.49 (75% off) [1:49]
1993: Cannon Fodder - $1.49 (75% off)
1994: Jagged Alliance - $1.19 (80% off)
1995: Crusader: No Remorse - $1.49 (75% off)
Thank you. Nothing that strikes my fancy. But really I'm just here for the forums.
OdanUrr: Does anybody know for how long has Tomb Raider been on sale now?
2h38m right now. Still way behind M&M 6-pack (3:22) and SimCity 2000 (3:40)
Post edited January 29, 2014 by Cavalary
I missed Kings Quest, Space Quest AND Police Quest!!! Bugger!
CANDIDATES FOR THE MEAN KEAN TIME MACHINE:

- Might & Magic 6 Pack

- SIM CITY 2000 SE

- Tomb Raider 1 + 2 + 3

(to be continued)

Who will win the Golden Hourglass of Wasted Time?
Stay tuned!
Whoever comes up with these fun sales is a genius. I already have pretty much everything I want from GOG but I'm still on the edge of my seat every time the game changes during the sale :)
Vercinger: Bleh! Both Star Control and Jagged Alliance go by while I'm asleep >=(
jsjrodman: Curiosity: re: Star Control.

Are you a collector, or do you prefer the original to Ur Quan Masters?
Or do you enjoy the Star Control 1 strategy game?
I've never played a Star Control game, but if they're as good as people say, I owe it to myself to try them.

Vercinger: I've never played a Star Control game, but if they're as good as people say, I owe it to myself to try them.
Google the ur-quan masters.

It's Star Control 2 ported to modern OSes and renamed (because they had the source code but not the right to use the name) and released as freeware.
I wanted to do an all-nighter but I was too sleepy and went to bed during cannon fodder. I'm very glad to see that I own every year since then.
high rated
Vincentdante: I missed Kings Quest, Space Quest AND Police Quest!!! Bugger!
I guess you failed your...
*puts on sunglasses*
... quest.
*HHHHHHYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH*

I'll show myself out >_>
So is Tomb Raider the next KeaneCity-er, I mean, SimCity 2000? (as in how long it's been up)
Is there any list of games which I missed? or everybody, not just me...

The best years (late 80's) I missed but I don't know what was there.

Some complete list after this action finishes would be nice.

Vercinger: I've never played a Star Control game, but if they're as good as people say, I owe it to myself to try them.
Star Control was kind of like "Battle chess in space" or "Archon in space" - basic point capture where you played out the space battle for contested spots.

SC2 was a completely different game. It was exploration in a huge galaxy, with the same combat. It is almost more of a spiritual successor to Starflight than to Star Control, and is easily one of my favorite PC games of all time.

Star Control 2 was open sourced and renamed "The Ur-Quan Masters" by Toys for Bob (Accolade owned the name, they owned the code). It's been ported to just about anything it can be ported to by now (Even the GP2X, I seem to remember) and is well worth giving a try.
BillyMaysFan59: So is Tomb Raider the next KeaneCity-er, I mean, SimCity 2000? (as in how long it's been up)
Uhm, I think it will miss the record by an inch. Keane it really do it?