It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
I have a feeling the lone $0.59 game will be Super Hexagon at 80% off from it's normal price of $2.99.
Kunovski: can I please ask why do some people using the +1s button? :D I mean, when you see the sale, you either buy the game (you want it) or you don't (you don't want it or you have it already)

I can understand it when the sale is almost over (need to buy some time to buy :), but to see +90 s a minute after a new sale appears? why? :D
So, you find it too hard to believe 30 people bought the game simultaneously? (yep, 30 purchases would make +90 secs)
mudd1: I have to say I really like this sale. Unlike with the Insomnia sale, you can just drop in every now and then and chances are you'll still don't miss the most important games. You might skip a few years but chances are that those weren't that great in the first place.

This allows you to actually be productive while following the sale instead of losing a week of sleep and productivity because you don't want to miss the two minutes the game you really really wanted was on sale.
gira93: You're right but i would delete the +1 button ...
It's there for the same reason facebook users are asking for a "dislike" button. People want to have a say [scroll down].
edit, qft:
TheEnigmaticT: Well, that and I didn't want the only "positive" interaction with a game's duration to cost money, since that seems a bit shady to me.
Post edited January 29, 2014 by Starmaker
Kunovski: can I please ask why do some people using the +1s button? :D I mean, when you see the sale, you either buy the game (you want it) or you don't (you don't want it or you have it already)

I can understand it when the sale is almost over (need to buy some time to buy :), but to see +90 s a minute after a new sale appears? why? :D
wrathsinger: So, you find it too hard to believe 30 people bought the game simultaneously? (yep, 30 purchases would make +90 secs)
oh, I didn't know that! :) thanks!
I wonder why GOG decided to have such sale in a working day. I'm only able to check the sale because I'm at home (because I'm queasy and my boss is a very nice person). Otherwise, I'd miss it almost entirely - and if it runs till tomorrow, I'll miss all tomorrow's deals
What's the point of the drm sale done by time if the time keeps jumping? I understand that the odd few might be increasing it by 1 second but sometimes I've come back in an hr and it says 45mins left! As such I've missed many of the deals because it's not sticking to the proper time limit.

Poor sale as far as i'm concerned.
Lots of great PC games in 1998. I'm guessing the sale will be for Grim Fandango.

Hmm...wait, never mind.
Damn it, I missed Tomb Raider 1 + 2 + 3. I would of bought it at that price.
Me 2 :-(
flambeau: I wonder why GOG decided to have such sale in a working day. I'm only able to check the sale because I'm at home (because I'm queasy and my boss is a very nice person). Otherwise, I'd miss it almost entirely - and if it runs till tomorrow, I'll miss all tomorrow's deals
The way they scheduled it now, the bulk of the newer games in this promo is most likely going to be up during the weekend.

Though I guess if they had started the sale during a weekend, both the start and the end of the promo would fall on a weekend, depending on how long individual sales stayed up because of timer movement...
PirateNeilsouth: What's the point of the drm sale done by time if the time keeps jumping? I understand that the odd few might be increasing it by 1 second but sometimes I've come back in an hr and it says 45mins left! As such I've missed many of the deals because it's not sticking to the proper time limit.

Every sale increases the time by 3 seconds as well. That way the popular games stay on for longer.
PirateNeilsouth: What's the point of the drm sale done by time if the time keeps jumping? I understand that the odd few might be increasing it by 1 second but sometimes I've come back in an hr and it says 45mins left! As such I've missed many of the deals because it's not sticking to the proper time limit.

onyxmonkey: Every sale increases the time by 3 seconds as well. That way the popular games stay on for longer.
Are you honestly telling me that so many purchased the game enough to jump 45mins?

This sale is such a sham, it's almost like the 1000 copies left sale they did and then 6hrs later another 1000 copies of the same game suddenly appeared.
Anyone notice that this is a "time machine" sale, but we haven't had any Journeyman Project games yet? Maybe 98 will be JMP3, or maybe we get Pegasus Prime when this whole thing ends.
mondo84: I have a feeling the lone $0.59 game will be Super Hexagon at 80% off from it's normal price of $2.99.
Highly unlikely. It's a game from 2012. Check your email from GOG about this promo - you can clearly see Legend of Grimrock and it's a game from, surprise, surprise! 2012. So I would say this slot is already taken ;) We can, however, see some other time trick, just like it was with Sim City 2000 but... it's highly unlikely ;)

EDIT: I place my bet on King of Dragon Pass 90% off
Post edited January 29, 2014 by Ghorpm
onyxmonkey: Every sale increases the time by 3 seconds as well. That way the popular games stay on for longer.
PirateNeilsouth: Are you honestly telling me that so many purchased the game enough to jump 45mins?

This sale is such a sham, it's almost like the 1000 copies left sale they did and then 6hrs later another 1000 copies of the same game suddenly appeared.
45min = 900 purchases. Seems entirely plausible, yes.

It's no more wrong than the mass downvotes titles like Ultima, Space Quest, etc. got to cut their time by more than half.
Post edited January 29, 2014 by Pidgeot