It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM? Thats digital vandalism. And if Apple says its supposed to do its with ill intend in addition.

edit
Ok, theft & vandalism. Considering that the source is actually empty like a robbed merchentman what Apple does here IS actual piracy.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by anothername
Azhdar: Legal pirates/criminals
Apple: Dude, it's totally in our EULA that you gave us permission to do what we want with our software on your machine and you can't sue us. Sucks to be you...

anothername: Thats digital vandalism
Good choice of words. I called it malware but it's all the same.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by rtcvb32
high rated
and that is why i avoid the cancer that is "the cloud" like the fucking cancerous plague it is
Post edited May 06, 2016 by snowkatt
amok: As far as I can see, this is not an DRM issue.... What Apple does here is annoying, horrible and extremely strange - but it is not DRM, though, is it? Or are we now at the point that everything we do not like is DRM.
I personally consider this as acting "viral" in the worst way so calling it "DRM" is being nice. it was deciding what the user could listen to including music not associated with the service (like the ones created by the user).

It would be like Steam deciding what games you could play including those not on the service like on , disk, disc or other digital distro stores
rtcvb32: Apple: Dude, it's totally in our EULA that you gave us permission to do what we want with our software on your machine and you can't sue us. Sucks to be you...
IMO, they cheat on their customers with such EULAs. They treat their customers like slaves.
It doesn't matter how it's called, drm, malware, spyware etc it's a technicallity
I guess those fools deserve it, when you expose yourself like that, don't care and trust some third party promising you colourful pink and rainbow bullshit then it's only a matter of time until you get burned.
mobutu: It doesn't matter how it's called, drm, malware, spyware etc it's a technicallity
I guess those fools deserve it, when you expose yourself like that, don't care and trust some third party promising you colourful pink and rainbow bullshit then it's only a matter of time until you get burned.
I think you forgot to post a link.

Edit: My bad, didn't see the page number beforehand and thought your was the opening post. :)
Post edited May 06, 2016 by Hunter65536
rtcvb32: Apple: Dude, it's totally in our EULA that you gave us permission to do what we want with our software on your machine and you can't sue us. Sucks to be you...
Azhdar: IMO, they cheat on their customers with such EULAs. They treat their customers like slaves.
You're right. I guess they're thinking, nobody is going to read the EULA anyway. If everybody would, then I guess they'd be in trouble. I for one don't buy anything Apple or Microsoft for exactly those reasons.

One person asked whether it is DRM. Well, I guess it isn't DRM in the original sense, but by removing files without consent of the owner of the computer, it is a sort of Rights Management, because the owner doesn't have the right over the files on his harddrive. That's what I figure. And anyway, DRM or not, it is criminal behaviour on the part of Apple.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by JimPhelps
ydobemos: *snip*
Well, that does suck for people who got these problems but, to be blunt, maybe these ignorant fools start to realize that when DRM or cloudsaving starts to bite them, it bites hard.

Edit:
As Amok pointed out, this isn't really DRM but giving up responsibility or ownership to corporations when using cloud-saving or something similar, is still a foolish behaviour.
Post edited May 06, 2016 by viperfdl
anothername: DRM? Thats digital vandalism.

edit
Ok, theft & vandalism.
It's not theft...it's just borrowing without notifying the owner on time...
You don't know if they'd notify him after 3 years! You just don't know it!

YOU'RE ALL JUST HATERS!!!
Post edited May 06, 2016 by Epitaph666
Not really surprised. This is the type of unauthorised behaviour that you should almost expect from "computer knows best" ecosystems like Apple's.
high rated
amok: As far as I can see, this is not an DRM issue.... What Apple does here is annoying, horrible and extremely strange - but it is not DRM, though, is it? Or are we now at the point that everything we do not like is DRM.
Given that DRM stands for Digital Rights Management, and this is very much a 100% clear cut case of Apple "Managing" your digital rights, then yes, this is definitely DRM.

What do you think DRM means?
Apple = Malware.
Period.
Apple really takes every chance to fuck it up.
low rated
Wishbone: Given that DRM stands for Digital Rights Management, and this is very much a 100% clear cut case of Apple "Managing" your digital rights, then yes, this is definitely DRM.

What do you think DRM means?
Digital right management.... and I don't agree that they do here. You are still free to do what you want with your music, you just have to download it again. They do not restrict access, just make it very difficult for you.
(Edit- and off course they conveniently help you by transforming all your music to MP3, but again that's stupidity, not DRM)
Post edited May 06, 2016 by amok