It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The anticipation for Baldur’s Gate 3 is through the roof, as in a just a week from now, on August 3rd, the game will leave early access and be available in its full glory on GOG!

And that excitement, with Larian Studios at the helm, is well-founded. We wholeheartedly believe that with their exceptional track record, commitment to player feedback, and unwavering pursuit of innovation, they will deliver an unforgettable RPG experience in Baldur’s Gate 3. Today, we want to delve deeper into those three main reasons why we think so.

Legacy of amazing RPGs

Larian Studios' Divinity: Original Sin series stands as a testament to the studio's ability to craft immersive and captivating RPGs. In these games, everyone who played them were immersed in rich, interactive worlds brimming with lore, intriguing characters, and impactful decisions. Larian's storytelling prowess, supported by compelling dialogue and narrative arcs, drew players into its virtual realms, making them feel like an integral part of the unfolding story.

The series also highlighted Larian Studios' dedication to offering players the freedom to shape their own destinies. The extensive branching paths, choices with significant consequences, and non-linear exploration were all hallmarks of the series. As they venture into the iconic world of Baldur's Gate, Larian Studios is well-positioned to deliver a captivating narrative that reacts organically to players' decisions, ensuring an incredible RPG experience that stays true to the franchise's legacy and sets a new standard for the genre.

Commitment to community’s feedback

Larian Studios' relationship with its player community has been exemplary. Throughout the development of their previous games, the studio actively sought and valued player feedback, consistently engaging with the community. This open dialogue allowed them to address concerns, gather invaluable insights, and fine-tune their games for maximum enjoyment.

The studio's receptiveness to player input and willingness to implement meaningful changes based on feedback is reassuring for those eagerly awaiting Baldur’s Gate 3. The community's voice likely played a pivotal role in shaping the final product, ensuring that it resonates with the expectations and desires of long-time Baldur's Gate fans while welcoming new players to the franchise.

Innovation and technical expertise

Innovation has been at the core of Larian Studios' approach to game development. The Divinity: Original Sin series introduced groundbreaking features that elevated the RPG genre. Cooperative multiplayer allowed players to enjoy the adventure with friends, promoting dynamic and unique playthroughs. Interactive environments encouraged experimentation, as players discovered creative solutions to challenges using the environment itself.

Larian's Divinity Engine 2 showcased the studio's technical prowess, enabling players to craft their own adventures and mods with ease. This commitment to empowering players with creative tools is likely to carry over to Baldur’s Gate 3, and with their new Divinity 4.0 engine we can only imagine how stunning the graphics and how great the gameplay mechanics will be.

Of course those three reasons are amongst many others that assure us we will spend hundreds of hours in Baldur’s Gate 3 and enjoy every single moment of it. Larian Studios' ability to deliver an exceptional RPG experience is overwhelming and their passion for craft makes them the perfect developer to continue the legacy of the legendary series.

The wait is almost over – mark your calendars for August 3rd!
puskinlupu: Many games promote sexual immorality. But where to draw the line? What is too much?
I believe that there is a slippery slope and that at some point we have to take a stand. I also think Baldur’s Gate 3 is crossing lines that makes me not buy the game. I actually was looking forward for this game, but now I'm gonna reject it.
It’s also shameful that GOG decided to make and enforce guidelines that clearly go against the Bible values and morality. GOG has no problem offending a holy God, but finds it intolerable to offend sinners.
StingingVelvet: I remember the 80s and 90s when people like yourself thought Dungeons & Dragons in general was witchcraft and banned my friends from playing it. The world never changes I guess.
Too bad D&D hasn't actually had a playable Witch class, at least not in any more mainstream source books (and no D&D-based games to my knowledge).

On the other hand, Pathfinder *does* have a Witch class (and it's playable in the CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous), and it's even going to be core in Pathfinder 2e Remastered.

Conclusion: If you're looking for witchcraft, look at Pathfinder rather than D&D.

(With that said, D&D *does* have the Warlock class, which is apparently core in 5e.)
Breja: That said, I'm on board with offending everyone, the whole thing with "being offended" is just impossibly tedious. People really need to get over themselves.
*slow clap*
Agreed 100%

(adding to the above, I think sites[in general] shouldn't try so much to protect people from possibly being offended as well)

-----------

Xeshra: For me, i simply are gonna enjoy a game the way it is and without being full of judgement the moment i am entering it.
I also try(key word) to do this myself when approaching a new game/film/etc.

------------

Cavalary: Black Geyser?
Oooh, I didn't know about that one....thanks for linking this :)
Post edited July 31, 2023 by GamezRanker
I was fully behind Baldurs Gate 3 as well, until Patch 0.9 came along.
Or to be more precise, the push for social media speak in the game itself.
After that BG 3 lost me and i say that as someone who enjoyed DOS 2 quite a lot.

On the other hand i fully celebrate all other joices Larian gives the players
although i think it is a bit odd that you can change some aspects of your
body in the CC, but then other aspects can not be changed at all.

(as far as i know there are no options for different female bodyshapes)
That might be up to change though since the game is not released yet ^^

Sadly i can only rely on players who do the early access and give me the infos.
Star Citizen cured me of games that are in ea.

What else there is to say? I think the GoG team here is only partly right, since Larian did
not listen to every freedback, in fact some feedback does get shut down instantly.
No matter if constructive or not, that clearly showed where at least the Larian forum headed
lately.

Should BG 3 set a new standard for the industry? Most definitly, because developers should
strive to improve the products as well as themself in the process. Thats why i do celebrate BG 3
and its options, yet pushing for said language change is a limit that should not fall. Why? Simply
said language change was not "born" out of a natural language development itself, it was / is pushed
by a small loud group on social media that screeches at everybody that says "NO" to those ppl.
If you do not believe that, let me remind you of the whole Howarts Legacy events and how
streamers as well as we as video game players were treated. I did not nor will i ever forget that.
(that is just the latest example for WHY not to pander to social media speak and ppl pushing it)
On top of that, this change is aimed to deny the physically obvserveable reality we live in.
I might be wrong, but perhaps, just perhaps that is not a good thing?

Anyhow, Baldurs Gate 3 without a doubt will be an awesome game, i am quite sure of that.
Yet i will deny myself that experience (first hand one) because Larian (IMO) did go too far
with the language change. However, i do lok foward to the upcoming "Let's plays" as well
as the memes that will be born out of certain situations players will run into during their
playthroughs.

As for myself, i might get BG3 on a deep sale in the future, but not right now and not for
full price not anymore (sry Larian o7)
One thing: If the main character gets killed during battle (or otherwise through gameplay), can you continue playing and revive them, or is it an immediate game over?

Edit: Another question: Should you do get a game over, can you check the combat log before reloading your save? In BG1 and BG2, you can't, and given how fast things can happen when the game isn't paused (and a game over won't happen while the game is paused), that can lead to situations where you don't know what killed you, and therefore have no way to try and avoid having that happen on the next attempt.
Post edited July 31, 2023 by dtgreene
As a veteral of BG1 and 2, I've never really expected a third entry to come along. Especially so, because the ending was so definitive. Granted, the lore didn't pan out over the years as the canon protagonist of BG series turned out to have a somewhat crappy ending. Poor Abdel Adrian... you deserved a lot better than being killed off in some random module, years down the line.

Looking forward to BG3, and now mulling over the decision of my first playthrough. Already trying to create a character in my head. Deliberately avoided going into early access and opted to wait for the full release. What I'm really looking forward to are any Forgotten Realms cameos. There's Elminster of course, but I had a good time seeing Volo and even Drizzt in the first game. Maybe they'll continue the trend.
Devyatovskiy: Maybe they'll continue the trend.
If they make a DLC that features the characters from the latest movie and continues their story (as a proper sequel is highly unlikely to happen given the poor box office results), I might be tempted to play the game after all. Though a standalone expansion woul like this would be even more welcome.
barleyguy: I'm pretty sure the lack of GOG support at Geforce Now is an Nvidia or publisher issue, not a GOG issue. GOG is open to having support there I'm sure.

Personally, the only thing I use Geforce Now for is playing DRM infected games that haven't come to GOG yet.
Wratek: I do not know what to think, because there are some games which are playable geforce now even if it is owned on gog.com
the game being available on steam and only the witcher and cyberpunk games being available on geforce now, especially no release game on geforce now in 3 years, I contacted Larian support by email yesterday and they told me that someone someone had created a list on the gog forum asking for support GFN for certain games, Larian is not against GFN so I'm pretty sure the problem is GOG, who only promote their own games
Post edited July 31, 2023 by Zereph34
high rated
puskinlupu: [...]
It’s also shameful that GOG decided to make and enforce guidelines that clearly go against the Bible values and morality. [...]
Ah yes, Slavery, genocide, infanticide, racism, incest, sexism, untruthfulness among many others - those are the good bibilical moral values. *two thumbs up*
Devyatovskiy: As a veteral of BG1 and 2, I've never really expected a third entry to come along. Especially so, because the ending was so definitive. Granted, the lore didn't pan out over the years as the canon protagonist of BG series turned out to have a somewhat crappy ending. Poor Abdel Adrian... you deserved a lot better than being killed off in some random module, years down the line.

Looking forward to BG3, and now mulling over the decision of my first playthrough. Already trying to create a character in my head. Deliberately avoided going into early access and opted to wait for the full release. What I'm really looking forward to are any Forgotten Realms cameos. There's Elminster of course, but I had a good time seeing Volo and even Drizzt in the first game. Maybe they'll continue the trend.
Aye, i never expected to see another Baldurs Gate as well.
Thats why this one hurts me even more than me not being "able" to play Mass Effect back
when it came out. (this one was due me NOT supporting mandatory launchers)
:D

Can not believe its already 13 years of me buying my games exclusively on GoG... *sheesh*
Back to BG though, yep that one hurts, was following the development ever since the
first announcement, i was total on fire even when i heard LARIAN got the chance to made it.
(because i knew it would be definitly good and a DRM free release on GOG)
Yet... here i am ... *sighs* well this sucks :/
Of course Larian will do a great job on BG3!

Even their worst game -- Dragon Commander -- is a shining gem.
I know right? All the more a great pity they turned to push social media speak into BG 3.
As if we get not bombarded enough with this nonsense already. *meh*
It’s also shameful that GOG decided to make and enforce guidelines that clearly go against the Bible values and morality. [...]
amok: Ah yes, Slavery, genocide, infanticide, racism, incest, sexism, untruthfulness among many others - those are the good bibilical moral values. *two thumbs up*
I find it extremely ironic that, in your sarcastic quip against those who in your view are prejudiced and ignorant about this game, you show yourself to be very prejudiced and ignorant about something they care about.

Just a little hint for you: the fact that the text says an incest (for example) happened doesn't mean it was at all condoned or considered a good thing. You could have known this if you had actually read it and were not just trying to find shallow arguments to dismiss them.

GHOSTMD: I know right? All the more a great pity they turned to push social media speak into BG 3.
As if we get not bombarded enough with this nonsense already. *meh*
Yup, social media speak is a societal cancer. Trust me, it's a hundred times worse in a heavily gendered language like portuguese or spanish.
Post edited July 31, 2023 by joppo
GHOSTMD: Can not believe its already 13 years of me buying my games exclusively on GoG... *sheesh*
Your account is from Nov 2014. So how is 2027? :)
amok: Ah yes, Slavery, genocide, infanticide, racism, incest, sexism, untruthfulness among many others - those are the good bibilical moral values. *two thumbs up*
You forgot pedophilia.
joppo: I find it extremely ironic that, in your sarcastic quip against those who in your view are prejudiced and ignorant about this game, you show yourself to be very prejudiced and ignorant about something they care about.

Just a little hint for you: the fact that the text says an incest (for example) happened doesn't mean it was at all condoned or considered a good thing. You could have known this if you had actually read it and were not just trying to find shallow arguments to dismiss them.
all those things I mentioned are either done by God herself, or condoned by him. it is also all biblical. i can quote verses for each if you want, but this is really not the right forum for it.

edit: just a fun fact. in the bible, God told the first ever lie (Genesis 3:3), while the serpent told the truth (Gensis 3:4-5)
Post edited July 31, 2023 by amok