It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

reaver894: Back to speculation... What if GOG re-released a game from one of the other publishers they were in talks with LA for example and the sneaky gits hadnt let on about it???
Hm. That would be quite a surprise, but with their history (and fondness) of big announcements, it seems unlikely.

Nah, I'm expecting Magic Carpet to hit this week. Which I remember from back in the day, but am only mildly interested in. Anything else, either today or on Thursday, would be a nice surprise. I really do want Crusader: No Regret, so I hope they have that up their sleeves, somewhere... Still two weeks to go in June ;-)
Post edited June 14, 2011 by Lorfean
Lorfean: Still two weeks to go in June ;-)
The traditional June, at least. GOG's calendar has been known to runneth over.

And I say that with love, GOG. =D

I haven't even finished my first real playthrough of Alpha Centauri yet, so if they put out a new game today, it'd just be another title sitting on my virtual shelf waiting for life to get out of the way long enough to play another game.
reaver894: Back to speculation... What if GOG re-released a game from one of the other publishers they were in talks with LA for example and the sneaky gits hadnt let on about it???
Lorfean: Hm. That would be quite a surprise, but with their history (and fondness) of big announcements, it seems unlikely.

Nah, I'm expecting Magic Carpet to hit this week. Which I remember from back in the day, but am only mildly interested in. Anything else, either today or on Thursday, would be a nice surprise. I really do want Crusader: No Regret, so I hope they have that up their sleeves, somewhere... ;-)
I thought in the original EA announcement GOG said there'd be 6 games released initially (all the named ones ending with Magic Carpet) and then EA releases would go on hiatus for a while...

So while I suspect we'll get MC this week (perhaps today), I'm hopeful that we'll get Zork GI and/or the rest of the text adventures. I'd estimate there's still 20 others left...
They were counting pack releases (a la UUW) as one release too!
nondeplumage: I haven't even finished my first real playthrough of Alpha Centauri yet, so if they put out a new game today, it'd just be another title sitting on my virtual shelf waiting for life to get out of the way long enough to play another game.
Ah, yes, Alpha Centauri... I have been contemplating putting it on my wishlist, but am just not sure if it's the type of game I'll enjoy for a longer period of time. I tend to get bored with strategy games very quickly, and there have only been a handful of titles over the years that really captivated me. The Settler's II, Heroes of Might and Magic III and King's Bounty: Armored Princess are a few examples -- I liked KB: The Legend, too, but thought AP was much, much better.
Lorfean: if it's the type of game I'll enjoy for a longer period of time. I tend to get bored with strategy games very quickly, and there have only been a handful of titles over the years that really captivated me
Same here, honestly. Overworld simulations without any real characters just kind of bother me. But this one...I don't know. Well, that's not true. It's science fiction, which I've been desperate for, and this has a feel of creating your own history on this world. The interaction between the leaders is very basic, but somehow their communications with you, partnered with their faction's actions, it's like this great future history. If they could somehow make this element, this real time random world building around an actual character story, where the character is doing their thing only tenuously connected to the world building itself, and it'd be my favorite kind of science fiction game.

But honestly, this is the kind of game I want in a little window just hanging out in the background, that I can go back to after I've goofed around doing something else for a while between turns. Because I get bored with this repetitiveness too.
nondeplumage: I haven't even finished my first real playthrough of Alpha Centauri yet, so if they put out a new game today, it'd just be another title sitting on my virtual shelf waiting for life to get out of the way long enough to play another game.
Lorfean: Ah, yes, Alpha Centauri... I have been contemplating putting it on my wishlist, but am just not sure if it's the type of game I'll enjoy for a longer period of time. I tend to get bored with strategy games very quickly, and there have only been a handful of titles over the years that really captivated me. The Settler's II, Heroes of Might and Magic III and King's Bounty: Armored Princess are a few examples -- I liked KB: The Legend, too, but thought AP was much, much better.
Don't forget Dungeon Keeper!
nondeplumage: But honestly, this is the kind of game I want in a little window just hanging out in the background, that I can go back to after I've goofed around doing something else for a while between turns. Because I get bored with this repetitiveness too.
Ah, well, I'm not really that type of gamer -- to have a game's turns play out in the background while I do other stuff to prevent boredom -- so that comment gets added to the list of reasons why I shouldn't get it ;-)
Lorfean: Ah, yes, Alpha Centauri... I have been contemplating putting it on my wishlist, but am just not sure if it's the type of game I'll enjoy for a longer period of time. I tend to get bored with strategy games very quickly, and there have only been a handful of titles over the years that really captivated me. The Settler's II, Heroes of Might and Magic III and King's Bounty: Armored Princess are a few examples -- I liked KB: The Legend, too, but thought AP was much, much better.
Duffadash: Don't forget Dungeon Keeper!
Hehe, DK was fun at the time, but only for a while I'm afraid. And not enough for me to buy it here now. I'm more of an RPG guy, and those strategy titles I named above are really the only ones I could think of off the top of my head... And they even have role-playing elements (except for S2).
probably gonna be thursday again...
lugum: probably gonna be thursday again...
So Thursday is the new Tuesday?

We'll see. Crusader: No Remorse and Alpha Centauri were released on a Thursday, true, but also very, very late (well after work hours for me), so I'm not giving up hope yet.
previous 3 ea games were also released on a thursday, with nothing on tuesday.
think alone in the dark was also a thursday game only. (because of those press conferences, the witcher etc)

since we already had thursday as a release day it just means we lose the tuesday.

because of that i think we are not getting anything today and get 2 or 3 games again on thursday.
Post edited June 14, 2011 by lugum
lugum: previous 3 ea games were also released on a thursday, with nothing on tuesday.
think alone in the dark was also a thursday game only.

since we already had thursday as a release day it just means we lose the tuesday.

because of that i think we are not getting anything today and get 2 or 3 games again on thursday.
We get Magic Carpet on Thursday and that's all
lugum: previous 3 ea games were also released on a thursday, with nothing on tuesday.
think alone in the dark was also a thursday game only.

kkojdic: We get Magic Carpet on Thursday and that's all
that's what you think. not magic carpet but we are getting the magic CANDLE triology or the lost files of sherlock holmes :p
Post edited June 14, 2011 by lugum
Two days until tuesday.....*taps fingers*.........
Summer Staycation Sale will pre-empt release this week. Maybe next week, too. Summer hols for Gog staff. They've earned a rest.