It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silverhawk170485: Yes I know but I try to figure out what will be released today (if there is a release today) by sorting out those games from which wie know that they will come to GOG but will be released on other days.
For example Double Dragon is scheduled for Thursday, so the only one left is Lords of Xulima or Crawl.
Grargar: None of those. Lords of Xulima will be released on 15 January, while Crawl is still on Early Access.
Argh! Then maybe nothing or a big surprise.
Silverhawk170485: Argh! Then maybe nothing or a big surprise.
King's Bounty: Dark Side. Not bad.
vicklemos: Don't know about you guys, but when I see that little penguin there (or read win/mac/linux) and read the words "controller supported" I get dem feels :P
tinyE: Nah, I only get worried when that little Penguin says "Kill Batman!" but then that's for another thread in another forum.
:P
Let's kick it off, shall we? =)
OdanUrr: Let's kick it off, shall we? =)
Blackguards 2 today!
Just saw the trailer and Daedalic seems more dedicated and commited to fans and critics than ever.
And how many of us didn't even play Blackguards 1, huh? :P
vicklemos: Blackguards 2 today!
Just saw the trailer and Daedalic seems more dedicated and commited to fans and critics than ever.
I still haven't, and I got it from my secret santa so I feel kinda guilty. I certainly won't even add the second one to my wishlist until I'm finished with the first one.
vicklemos: And how many of us didn't even play Blackguards 1, huh? :P
I haven't and most probably I won't. There was a time I was trying to support Daedalic as much as I could because they claimed they had financial problems. But then they made a few shitty moves like those with Edna & Harvey bundle split or a last nail to the coffin - special edition of The Whispered World. After that I decided I don't really want to deal with them so I stopped buying their games. And since I have other games to play I don't have any problems with it.
P1na: I still haven't, and I got it from my secret santa so I feel kinda guilty. I certainly won't even add the second one to my wishlist until I'm finished with the first one.
It's a game that takes a lot of time. Get courageous, pal. You won't regret it.
Ghorpm: I haven't and most probably I won't. There was a time I was trying to support Daedalic as much as I could because they claimed they had financial problems. But then they made a few shitty moves like those with Edna & Harvey bundle split or a last nail to the coffin - special edition of The Whispered World. After that I decided I don't really want to deal with them so I stopped buying their games. And since I have other games to play I don't have any problems with it.
Loved TWW and wanna play Silence (the whispered world 2) real bad. And I still don't get the special edition thing; care to explain?
Wanna see their games here, all of 'em! :)
(specially those with linux support) :P
Post edited January 20, 2015 by vicklemos
I didn't, just doesn't seem to be my kind of game.
Ghorpm: I haven't and most probably I won't. There was a time I was trying to support Daedalic as much as I could because they claimed they had financial problems. But then they made a few shitty moves like those with Edna & Harvey bundle split or a last nail to the coffin - special edition of The Whispered World. After that I decided I don't really want to deal with them so I stopped buying their games. And since I have other games to play I don't have any problems with it.
vicklemos: Loved TWW and wanna play Silence (the whispered world 2) real bad. And I still don't get the special edition thing; care to explain?
Price of TWW was 10$ then they changed it to Special Edition and made it costs 20$ (now it's a bit different due to regional pricing). According to GOG page:

Exclusive content of the special edition includes an alternate ending, a tutorial, developers' commentary featuring Jan 'Poki' Müller-Michaelis and Marco Hüllen, as well as the in-game orchestral soundtrack, unlockable achievements, and re-polished graphics in some scenes.

For me it' hardly worth anything at all and definitely not 10$ but OK, I wouldn't complain at all if they made it as a optional DLC - if you want to get it and/or support Daedalic - buy it, otherwise you can still get the standard edition. Only in this case you can't, they don't sell the standard edition anymore. You have to buy the whole thing or get nothing.

Some people may also add that initially they wanted to charge existing owners of TWW to get an upgrade but after a huge uproar they decided to upgrade it for free. Personally I don't have any problems with this case because while yes, asking to pay for an upgrade was mistake, they dropped this idea, acknowledging it was a mistake. But forcing new customers to pay double for a relatively old game with some questionable (I'm aware is subjective) additions left a bad taste in my mouth. And since it was one of the many questionable choices they made I decided not to buy their games anymore.
OdanUrr: Let's kick it off, shall we? =)
I didn't. I'm a bit skeptical about the story to be honest. Is it any good?
vicklemos: Loved TWW and wanna play Silence (the whispered world 2) real bad. And I still don't get the special edition thing; care to explain?
Ghorpm: Price of TWW was 10$ then they changed it to Special Edition and made it costs 20$ (now it's a bit different due to regional pricing). According to GOG page:

Exclusive content of the special edition includes an alternate ending, a tutorial, developers' commentary featuring Jan 'Poki' Müller-Michaelis and Marco Hüllen, as well as the in-game orchestral soundtrack, unlockable achievements, and re-polished graphics in some scenes.

For me it' hardly worth anything at all and definitely not 10$ but OK, I wouldn't complain at all if they made it as a optional DLC - if you want to get it and/or support Daedalic - buy it, otherwise you can still get the standard edition. Only in this case you can't, they don't sell the standard edition anymore. You have to buy the whole thing or get nothing.

Some people may also add that initially they wanted to charge existing owners of TWW to get an upgrade but after a huge uproar they decided to upgrade it for free. Personally I don't have any problems with this case because while yes, asking to pay for an upgrade was mistake, they dropped this idea, acknowledging it was a mistake. But forcing new customers to pay double for a relatively old game with some questionable (I'm aware is subjective) additions left a bad taste in my mouth. And since it was one of the many questionable choices they made I decided not to buy their games anymore.
I'm aware of the turmoil this decision created among players. Probably that's a move Daedalic won't ever do again.
But I say give Blackguards a deep go. For me, well, I'm not your average rpg guy, but Blackguards really changed that.
And some of their games are specially genuine, with great artwork, an impecable score, nice fluidity, memorable characters, and so on. Their 2015 catalogue (some say catalog, who cares :P), as I've said before, has some games I'm quite interested in. FIRE!, Dead Synchronicity, Devil's Men (judging by the artwork) and Decay: The Mare parts I, II and III.

OdanUrr: I didn't. I'm a bit skeptical about the story to be honest. Is it any good?
I really enjoyed it. Since I made a terrible "spoler-ish" mistake yesterday I won't reveal anything from the plot :P
Go play it. The game's truly memorable! :)
OdanUrr: I didn't. I'm a bit skeptical about the story to be honest. Is it any good?
vicklemos: I really enjoyed it. Since I made a terrible "spoler-ish" mistake yesterday I won't reveal anything from the plot :P
Okay, then how does the combat system work?
Ghorpm: But forcing new customers to pay double for a relatively old game with some questionable (I'm aware is subjective) additions left a bad taste in my mouth.
You do recall that the same thing happened with The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, right? When Enhanced Edition released, the game went up in price. See here.
vicklemos: I really enjoyed it. Since I made a terrible "spoler-ish" mistake yesterday I won't reveal anything from the plot :P
OdanUrr: Okay, then how does the combat system work?
:D
I used this guy's tips! (at first, since I'm a true newcomer to the genre)
trust me, they're reliable

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192905991