It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Impaler26: Same here. Unfortunately those games in development already affect the release of complete games. GOG released no complete games last thursday and only released 1 incomplete game today (so far). :/
NuffCatnip: My thoughts exactly.
And if you consider that they could have released the complete multilingual versions of Arcania, Mystery of the Druids, 15 Days, Spellforce and a couple of titles more ...

But no, they rejected those and give us unfinished niche stuff instead. :(
Post edited February 04, 2016 by MBiL_248
Epitaph666: DUDE WTF?

I mean...

Where the hell is our Good Old Game?

WTFFFFF
Good question.
NuffCatnip: My thoughts exactly.
MBiL_248: And if you consider that they could have released the complete releases of Arcania, Mystery of the Druids, 15 Days, Spellforce and a couple of titles more ...

^This.
After the In-Dev implementation the "this game is too niche"-excuse shouldnt be allowed here anymore.

Edit: Sorry for the rant btw. :)
Post edited February 04, 2016 by NuffCatnip
tfishell: I must admit I'm disappointed but I have plenty of games to play (and it's my own fault for getting excited anyway :P). I still find it strange GOG hasn't or can't bring Hexen/Heretic and Commander Keen; those should be easy.
Grargar: I don't think it's that easy, actually. It seems that Raven (and as a result, Activision) has, at the very least, retained the trademark for Heretic and HeXen, which means that Bethesda might only have limited publishing rights for the games, which might explain why they haven't released the games in any other store. ...
Hmmm, unfortunate to hear but thanks for the info. I'll try to remember that.

tfishell: Hexen/Heretic and Commander Keen; those should be easy.
tburger: Or Imperium Galactica...I must say I'm a bit hungry for another classic release (not that I don't have anything to buy - last year GOG was really generous as far as classic releases are concerned).
Late 2014 and most of 2015 *were* amazing for highly-desired releases which is why so far this year has been a bit of a let-down. For me it's frustrating to see GOG grow and gain marketshare, yet still struggle to get "big-deal" games aboard (but rejecting some titles probably doesn't help them). It's like when GOG was small they had few problems getting big publishers aboard, but now that GOG is big they can only get games from "small" publishers and indies. x-P Seriously, why isn't Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary, and Hitman Blood Money here?

IG will almost certainly come, but that could take a few months unless GOG did all the necessary work before Nordic made the official announcement.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by tfishell
Barry_Woodward: Which classic game(s) in particular were you hoping for?
Me personally?

Captain Claw
Get Medieval
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Still, I don't think GOG considers any of those games a particularly high priority and it doesn't help that Warner Bros have been silent ever since the last year, so as far as games with more realistic chances, I would welcome anything by Bethesda, Disney, Square-Enix or Ubisoft.
MBiL_248: And if you consider that they could have released the complete releases of Arcania, Mystery of the Druids, 15 Days, Spellforce and a couple of titles more ...

NuffCatnip: ^This.
After the In-Dev implementation the "this game is too niche"-excuse shouldnt be allowed here anymore.

Edit: Sorry for the rant btw. :)
It's understandable that GOG brings in development games, as those games need the money, so are willing to come here. And the upside of that is that they will be here when finished, something not always true for successful finished games. Also nearly if not any of the in-development game are pretty successful, known, and not niche at all.

The downside is that I'm not interested in games in development and they seem to be affecting the regular release schedule. It's probaby temporarily, though, while they get up to date with the in development games they want here. Afterwards they'll come more sparingly, methinks.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by rgnrk
Grargar: Captain Claw
I've never even heard of that game before, but it looks great. It reminds me of the Virgin Interactive Disney platformers: Aladdin, The Jungle Book and The Lion King.

Vote: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/claw
Post edited February 04, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: Which classic game(s) in particular were you hoping for?
Grargar: Me personally?

Captain Claw
Get Medieval
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Still, I don't think GOG considers any of those games a particularly high priority
Really? Technical issues aside, I figured GOG would love get those games here, since the first two aren't available on Steam and thus could potentially sell pretty well. WB still has various unreleased Midway PC games like The Suffering 1 & 2 and Area 51, which I assume GOG would love to have here.
tfishell: Really? Technical issues aside, I figured GOG would love get those games here, since the first two aren't available on Steam and thus could potentially sell pretty well. WB still has various unreleased Midway PC games like The Suffering 1 & 2 and Area 51, which I assume GOG would love to have here.
Neither of the three is actually available on Steam. When I say Mortal Kombat Trilogy, I'm referring to this game, which is a version of Mortal Kombat 3, but with all the characters and stages from the previous Mortal Kombat games.

And yes, I do believe there isn't a particularly high priority from GOG for those games. Captain Claw and Get Medieval, being late 90s Windows-only releases have troubles working on modern systems and would require GOG to spend time fixing them, time that they would rather use on getting something more profitable up for sale (like Warner Bros' more modern catalogue). As for Mortal Kombat Trilogy, while it does have a DOS version, I'm not sure how much people would be willing to pay just to get a version of Mortal Kombat 3 with more content.
So, all said and done nothing new, just an expensive demo.
Grargar: Me personally?

Captain Claw
Get Medieval
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Still, I don't think GOG considers any of those games a particularly high priority
tfishell: Really? Technical issues aside, I figured GOG would love get those games here, since the first two aren't available on Steam and thus could potentially sell pretty well. WB still has various unreleased Midway PC games like The Suffering 1 & 2 and Area 51, which I assume GOG would love to have here.
You are thinking too narrow minded. IIRC GOG defines classic as 5 years or older. Then what about the Arkham series? Arkham Asylum is 7 years old as of 2016! And why not bring the whole series here while we are at it?
Geralt_of_Rivia: You are thinking too narrow minded. IIRC GOG defines classic as 5 years or older. Then what about the Arkham series? Arkham Asylum is 7 years old as of 2016! And why not bring the whole series here while we are at it?
Plenty of people would love to see the Arkham series here, myself included (though I wouldn't buy it, it'd show that GOG can still get big publishers' attention). But I'm guessing WB sees it as a lot of work for very little money.
Geralt_of_Rivia: You are thinking too narrow minded. IIRC GOG defines classic as 5 years or older. Then what about the Arkham series? Arkham Asylum is 7 years old as of 2016! And why not bring the whole series here while we are at it?
tfishell: Plenty of people would love to see the Arkham series here, myself included (though I wouldn't buy it, it'd show that GOG can still get big publishers' attention). But I'm guessing WB sees it as a lot of work for very little money.
Though I´d love to see Arkham Asylum & City I doubt we´ll see those games here, at all. In the last couple weeks/months WB has shown how less they care for us on the PC.
Epitaph666: Where the hell is our Good Old Game?

WTFFFFF
Grargar: Good question.
This was indeed a... sad Thursday.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by WinterSnowfall
Epitaph666: DUDE WTF?

I mean...

Where the hell is our Good Old Game?

WTFFFFF
Getting worked on? I wish we could snap our fingers and just instantly release an old game or three but it's never that easy :)