It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drealmer7: Found images are lame~!
xSinghx: I don't really care about screen grabs. It's just about giving clues that are inclusive enough that someone can (through some research) find the answer. If the only people that can solve it are those that have already seen it then what's to be discovered? That's kind of lame. :P
The way I saw this thread game (when I wasn't too lazy to participate) was : "oooh, i totally didn't remember that scene/shot from that movie ! now that you said it, it's so duh of course, lol !".

That's why I was fighting both the temptation of making it a "hey i have seen that super obscure film, now prove that you are cool enough to have seen it too" game (that is : using obvious frames from niche movies) and the temptation to look up actors filmographies (well, I was doing it sometimes out of curiosity but not with the intention to use the answer).

I saw it as a challenge to remember very precisely (the images and scenes from) the films we've seen, more than a challenge to have seen as many movies as possible. But everyone plays this game a bit differently...
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Telika
xSinghx: If the only people that can solve it are those that have already seen it then what's to be discovered? That's kind of lame. :P
Personally, I discover new movies I want to watch because of the posts and the answers. I prefer not to 'research' for answers unless it looks like the movie guessing isn't going well. However, I'd argue for some patience at times - I generally can't even check on the thread until the evening, so a movie left unanswered for a couple days isn't a problem in my book. Similarly for posting a new puzzle.

Everyone can play their own way for the most part - there aren't many rules here. In fact, I think the only one is that the correct guesser posts the next puzzle.
Post edited August 27, 2015 by mwb1100
Telika: But everyone plays this game a bit differently...
Agreed.

I don't follow it that closely but occasionally when something seems interesting to me I tend to want to hunt down a filmography or two and in the process end up with a variety of films I feel obligated to add to my ever growing watch list. It's not a big deal, but it's a shame when the clues don't lend themselves to the film being discovered so much as remembered.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for a scavenger hunt.
I take it like a puzzle in the old adventure games where you use the clues to hunt down leads and find some other interesting movies along the way.

Next movies pictures..
Attachments:
gog3.jpg (271 Kb)
gog5.jpg (173 Kb)
Post edited August 27, 2015 by Spectre
Spectre: I take it like a puzzle in the old adventure games where you use the clues to hunt down leads and find some other interesting movies along the way.

Next movies pictures..
Belphegor: Phantom of the Lourve
I'm gunna chuck out a guess of A Man Called Hero, Storm Riders or Storm Warriors. Looks a little like the man born under the star of death. Pretty weak guesses though. I don't remember him being bald.
Post edited August 27, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
Nope.
Attachments:
gog4.jpg (163 Kb)
Aronofsky's The Fountain.
You're right.

A brief description of it.
Three stories - one each from the past, present, and future - about men in pursuit of eternity with their love. A conquistador in Mayan country searches for the tree of life to free his captive queen; a medical researcher, working with various trees, looks for a cure that will save his dying wife; a space traveler, traveling with an aged tree encapsulated within a bubble, moves toward a dying star that's wrapped in a nebula; he seeks eternity with his love. The stories intersect and parallel; the quests fail and succeed.
Spectre: You're right.

A brief description of it.

Three stories - one each from the past, present, and future - about men in pursuit of eternity with their love. A conquistador in Mayan country searches for the tree of life to free his captive queen; a medical researcher, working with various trees, looks for a cure that will save his dying wife; a space traveler, traveling with an aged tree encapsulated within a bubble, moves toward a dying star that's wrapped in a nebula; he seeks eternity with his love. The stories intersect and parallel; the quests fail and succeed.
Spectre:
A good movie. Visually striking, Jackman did some really great work here too. I especially like the part with the conquistador. And the music was absolutely fantastic.

Let's see... how about this? I think it's prety easy, so I won't give any hints just yet.
Attachments:
Post edited August 27, 2015 by Breja
Is it Dick Tracey? It's Dick Tracey isn't it. (Totally isn't)

It's The Shadow! It's not the shadow is it.
Post edited August 27, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: Is it Dick Tracey? It's Dick Tracey isn't it. (Totally isn't)
You're right! About the "totally isn't" part :D
It's not the untouchables is it.

Godfather 1, 2 or 3? Once Apon a Time in America?

Equilibrium? Last Man Standing?

Damnit. xP
bad_fur_day1: It's not the untouchables is it.

Godfather 1, 2 or 3? Once Apon a Time in America?
You're barking under the wrong tree.
Breja: Let's see... how about this? I think it's prety easy, so I won't give any hints just yet.
I would say the vehicles on the right are german WW2 halftracks.

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark?