It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've been playing more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Chernobyl and just made it to the second area and did a couple of quests, however the game decided that it feels like crashing now. Eh, still having fun with it though, what an atmosphere.
Wasteland 2
Beyond Earth
Don't Starve
Entangled
Skyrim
The Witcher
Portal
Van Helsing
Deadlight
FEZ
Dead Space
misteryo: Wasteland 2
Beyond Earth
Don't Starve
Entangled
Skyrim
The Witcher
Portal
Van Helsing
Deadlight
FEZ
Dead Space
How do you like Van Helsing? It looks really interesting but I haven't had the chance to try its demo out yet.
misteryo: Wasteland 2
Beyond Earth
Don't Starve
Entangled
Skyrim
The Witcher
Portal
Van Helsing
Deadlight
FEZ
Dead Space
NoNewTaleToTell: How do you like Van Helsing? It looks really interesting but I haven't had the chance to try its demo out yet.
Van gelding is great. A bit more complex than Torchlight.
Dayz
I played some Legendary yesterday, it has a bad reputation but I had fun (until the checkpoint system reared its ugly head) despite a couple of bugs (had to reload three times to get the textures working at one point). It's certainly not a contender for "best game I've played this year" but it's solid fun and it keeps the action going. It's completely linear and it's reliant on being "cinematic" but it honestly doesn't detract from the gameplay. The story is okay but nothing memorable so far but it does draw from some decent lore. The soundtrack is very Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodline-ish (think the L.A. and Hollywood streets themes) Despite having fun with it I'm not sure that I'll finish it, it features respawning enemies (in certain areas) and a checkpoint save system, two of the biggest things that make me want to put a game down.

I played Dementium II HD a few nights ago. It's another game with a bad reputation that I took a chance on and this one I feel has burned me. It looks good (both graphics in general and art direction) and has decent sound design which creates a decent (but not great) atmosphere, but that's about the best thing I can say. The story (as far as I've gotten) is okay but still cliche after cliche, the gameplay is bland (nothing has any weight) and the levels feel empty.
After cheating my way through the final battle of Two Worlds 2 (what the hell did the developers think?) and having the strange feeling I played the first half of a pretty good game and then suddenly an (abysmal) "finale" I just started the "Pirates of the Flying Fortress" add-on.
I really like the original game for what it offered - it just seems to be lacking one half. Now I'm curious what the add-on has to offer.
I just begun Wizardry 8.
After finished Wizardry 6, I played 7 for a while. but this game was too boring for me, so I skipped this one and jump in the last segment of the series.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl. I just had a "holy mackerel!" moment, it's around midnight in-game and I had just finished dealing with some bandits and was stuck standing in one place because I was over-encumbered. Well I was just standing there trying to decide what I could afford to get rid of when suddenly a mutated warthog comes running out of the darkness and begins eating one of the bandits less than ten feet away. Yikes.
high rated
Spent hours this weekend with Kingdom Rush. Was going to smoke crack instead, but KR is a suitable alternative.
NoNewTaleToTell: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl. I just had a "holy mackerel!" moment ... when suddenly a mutated warthog comes running out of the darkness and begins eating one of the bandits less than ten feet away. Yikes.
That's an awesome reactive world!

budejovice: Spent hours this weekend with Kingdom Rush. Was going to smoke crack instead, but KR is a suitable alternative.
And that's funny as hell! ;)

I've been sucked in by Fallout 2 for a while now. Such a great world, love the combat and love exploring. So excited it clicked with me, as I had bad luck getting into a couple of the previous turnbased older RPGs I've tried lately, despite being able to tell there was an underlying great game there.

No so with FO2 - not only can I tell there's a great game there, I haven't been able to put said great game down LOL. I think I'm approaching the end, but who knows? It could just as easily be the midgame.
Warlords Battlecry 3

I can honestly say this is my new favorite game. I thought I had seen every genre until I played WB3. I'm planning on adding a review after I've explored it a little more. So far, it's just awesome.
Post edited November 04, 2014 by orgdelver
Still crunching on Pier Solar here, I'm at the 10 hour mark in the game and the story just keeps getting better and better. This game reminds me a lot of FFV, FFVI and a bit of Grandia II, probably it's the reason why I'm enjoying it so much.
I've been playing Bastion recently and am far more captivated by this amazing little title than I thought I would be. The art is gorgeous, the narration is unique and adds another depth. At first I thought "that's a hokey premise" but it definitely grew on me. Highly recommend this game for anyone who's after a bit of a casual "action rpg" with mesmerizing visuals and can be completed in under 15 hours, apparently.

PS-The official time for basic completion is 6 hours, but about 16 for everything.
Post edited November 04, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
NoNewTaleToTell: I've been playing more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Chernobyl and just made it to the second area and did a couple of quests, however the game decided that it feels like crashing now. Eh, still having fun with it though, what an atmosphere.
Update directx and your Video card drivers also add

Direct x 9.0c Full version

and

Visual studio re-distributable 2013

REMOVE ANY OTHER VISUAL C++ RE-DISTRIBUTABLE that is NOT CURRENT and MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS!

and install

h[url=http://ttp://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851]Net 4 framework Web installer[/url]

or this

Net 4.5 framework FULL install

Hopefully that will stop the Crashing!
Post edited November 04, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012