It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NoNewTaleToTell: I've been playing more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Chernobyl and just made it to the second area and did a couple of quests, however the game decided that it feels like crashing now. Eh, still having fun with it though, what an atmosphere.
fr33kSh0w2012: Update directx and your Video card drivers also add

Direct x 9.0c Full version

and

Visual studio re-distributable 2013

REMOVE ANY OTHER VISUAL C++ RE-DISTRIBUTABLE that is NOT CURRENT and MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS!

and install

h[url=http://ttp://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851]Net 4 framework Web installer[/url]

or this

Net 4.5 framework FULL install

Hopefully that will stop the Crashing!
Thank you! I'll give that a try, besides crashing a couple times (in the Garbage) it's been stable. However I did notice that a story related stash is empty, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if one of the bandits in the sewers took whatever was in it to fight me (since I've noticed the AI is a bit more advanced than in most games, for example AI will reload weapons after combat).

Edit: And yes the stash appears on my map and is an objective.
Post edited November 04, 2014 by NoNewTaleToTell
surgeon simulator soon.
I'm off to play some Saints Row 2, I'm giving it a second (third?) chance, I don't even care about the speed issues (it's due to the engine and the only fix is for pre-Windows 8 versions of Windows) I just want some more Saints Row in my life haha.
More S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. I just encountered a mutant that turns invisible (except for its eyes, which are hard to see) at will and makes zero noise when moving. I had entered its underground domain and heard a roar but nothing appeared so I spent the next few minutes looking around, found an artifact and turned around to get back on the path and suddenly there were two eyes starring at me. It didn't actually hit that hard but geez did it get a reaction out of me.
Played X-wing for the first time since it was given to me as a birthday gift (thanks again OneFiercePuppy!) and man, I was grinning like my 13 year old self probably did when I first installed the game back in '94. My Logitech Attack 3 which I bought when I picked up Freespace 2 and WC 3 from this fine website worked perfectly after some calibration and button placement. Gotta say, gog usually gets it on the button when they take great old games and update them. The old midi-soundtrack, the voice acting, the "shnooks" on the automatic doors, the "spit-spat" of the lasers..I look forward to flying more missions against the Empire.
NoNewTaleToTell: More S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. I just encountered a mutant that turns invisible (except for its eyes, which are hard to see) at will and makes zero noise when moving. I had entered its underground domain and heard a roar but nothing appeared so I spent the next few minutes looking around, found an artifact and turned around to get back on the path and suddenly there were two eyes starring at me. It didn't actually hit that hard but geez did it get a reaction out of me.
Hah, I hate those sumbitches. The mutants you encounter are generally very good at getting reactions out of you. The game paces out really well, so when you're falling in a groove of just shooting men, you run into something creepy and new.

I just finished my first run through Ys Origin (with Yunica). This is a really good action game, the kind that makes you want to jump right back in and take on whatever just killed you, and it gives you enough time to study your enemies and figure out their weaknesses instead of suckerpunching you with some "there went half your health in one hit" stuff that some games indulge in. I also really like the graphics and the feel of the controls. I immediately started a new game with Hugo and I'm enjoying the changes in the playstyle between the two characters.
ORION: Prelude.

Levelling my Recon so my Assault can start with a TREK-22. That gun is awesome. :)

Pure Dinosaur killing old fashioned fast action FPS with a lot of modes including PvP to choose from. Base defence against hordes of Dinosaurs is my favourite.
Antichamber, The Witcher, Dragon Age: Origins, and trying to get Nexus Mod Manager to play nicely with Wine so I can restart a heavily-modded Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (again).

I haven't seen the end of any of these, yet Antichamber is the only one where I'm on my first "playthrough". I must have started Dragon Age and Skyrim about a dozen times each, and The Witcher well over a handful.
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth :D
Wrestling MPirex Remix: Career Edition. I've created a character who knows exactly two wrestling moves besides punching and kicking and those moves are the Powerbomb and the Chokeslam. People who love workrate wrestlers may hate him but every match ends in two minutes or less.
NoNewTaleToTell: Wrestling MPirex Remix: Career Edition. I've created a character who knows exactly two wrestling moves besides punching and kicking and those moves are the Powerbomb and the Chokeslam. People who love workrate wrestlers may hate him but every match ends in two minutes or less.
As a wrestling gaming fan, what would you say is the best wrestling video game so far? For me it's gotta be the WCW/WWF games that THQ did for the N64. WCW/NWO Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 were great. They had crappy block textures and the sounds were horrible, but the game play and controls were amazing. IMO, no team has made a wrestling game that can even compare to the THQ series in the late 90s.

The Rock selling it like no one else can...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1w8ZwSsyY
NoNewTaleToTell: Wrestling MPirex Remix: Career Edition. I've created a character who knows exactly two wrestling moves besides punching and kicking and those moves are the Powerbomb and the Chokeslam. People who love workrate wrestlers may hate him but every match ends in two minutes or less.
Emob78: As a wrestling gaming fan, what would you say is the best wrestling video game so far? For me it's gotta be the WCW/WWF games that THQ did for the N64. WCW/NWO Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 were great. They had crappy block textures and the sounds were horrible, but the game play and controls were amazing. IMO, no team has made a wrestling game that can even compare to the THQ series in the late 90s.

The Rock selling it like no one else can...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1w8ZwSsyY
I've played WCW/NWO Revenge a few times (rented from a video store) but I honestly don't remember much about it other than the wrestlers cutting promos at the character select screen. For some reason I was always either Alex Wright or Booker T in it even though neither was my favorite wrestler haha.

I would say that my all time favorite is Here Comes The Pain. It had a season/story mode that lasted two years (and included the NWO) and a large roster (even had Sean O' Haire and Ultimo Dragon). The gameplay itself was fun but your wrestler always oversold which is something that drives me crazy in wrestling games. The overselling made cage matches impossible so of course the season/story mode included several.

For realism you can't go wrong with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (for the Ps2). The AI is the best of any wrestling game (in my opinion) and the realism is refreshing, you can't start the match off with power move for example. You also don't have stamina or health bars nor a "fill up this meter for a finisher" mechanic. Graphically it's great and the sound is good too.

MDickie's wrestling games are actually really good. The rough cartoony style makes them look amateurish but they have a lot of depth, including a large universe. The career mode has you start off as a wrestler in wrestling school and from there you can get signed by one of six promotions, win titles, lose titles, get fired, get signed by another company and (outside of Wrestling Revolution) make your own matches if you have creative control. Just as you can get fired/hired/etc so can the other wrestlers. You can decide to be a face or a heel (and change) have feuds, cut promos (though you have no control over the promos) and that type of stuff. You and other wrestlers can also be injured (including losing limbs) and you can even die. Yes, that's right, wrestlers can die in MDickie's games. Among the types of matches you can have includes the usuals plus hair vs hair, loser leaves town, electrified ropes, dynamite based hardcore matches (yes, dynamite) and a whole lot more. If you can look past the graphics there is a lot of fun to be had. All of his games are now free at his website.

Adam Ryland has two ongoing wrestling series though I've forgotten their names (d'oh!), both are text based and ultra realistic. One of them has you become a wrestler and wrestle matches (obviously) while trying to get signed and win championships, the other has you become a booker and lay out segments and book matches and feuds. You can find his games (which include demos) at Grey Dog Software.
Yeah, I've heard a lot of great things about the Fire Pro series. I'll say this, wrestling games are not going in a good direction. I picked up WWE2K14 on PS3 a while back. Wasn't impressed. The historical matches part was pretty cool, but the controls and AI have definitely taken a step back. It was sad to play a new game that would get stomped by games 10-15 years older. Hell, even the original pro wrestling game on NES was more fun.
Austrobogulator: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth :D
Please share your impressions.
I need to hear that gameplay is 300% better so I can get over the fact that graphics are 300% worse. XD
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Sam and Max Hit the Road

Oldschool adventure-time :-D If I get stuck in one, I move to the next game for a while.