It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

snowkatt:
Have you played Link's Awakening? If not, you might enjoy it.
flashback, ps3
Post edited March 25, 2015 by LesterKnight99
Daliz: Avadon 2 - The Corruption

About halfway through.. When I finish this, Pillars of Eternity has probably gotten a couple of critical patches, so I can start that next :)
drealmer7: It's those first two or three patches for a game like that that are always the hardest to wait for. But experience has certainly taught me better, and it will probably make the most sense to wait for three at least for PoE.

I still need to play the Avadon games, I wanted to play the Geneforge series through first and that is taking some time. I don't intend to finish them before PoE though.
Especially in RPGs that have lots of quest/dialogue choices, there's ALWAYS bugs. I played WL2 after the first three patches and still there were enough quest bugs.

From Spiderweb, I've only completed Avadon, and now playing Avadon 2. If all the games are around 40 hours long, that's a lot to play..
LJChronx: I certainly understand your point. I will give it another full shot soon. BTW, I just beat Tomb Raider today. So now I get to pick something else out of my backlog to play! Yeah!
i have yet to play tomb raider my backlog is unfortunately a bit on the massive side of things >.>
but majora's mask is worth playing because it dares to be so different from the established zelda formula
snowkatt:
Austrobogulator: Have you played Link's Awakening? If not, you might enjoy it.
thats the game boy title right ?
Post edited March 25, 2015 by snowkatt
LJChronx: I certainly understand your point. I will give it another full shot soon. BTW, I just beat Tomb Raider today. So now I get to pick something else out of my backlog to play! Yeah!
snowkatt: i have yet to play tomb raider my backlog is unfortunately a bit on the massive side of things >.>
but majora's mask is worth playing because it dares to be so different from the established zelda formula
snowkatt: thats the game boy title right ?
Yep, there's also A Game Boy Color version. Aside from featuring Link, it has almost nothing to do with other Zelda games.
snowkatt: i have yet to play tomb raider my backlog is unfortunately a bit on the massive side of things >.>

thats the game boy title right ?
Austrobogulator: Yep, there's also A Game Boy Color version. Aside from featuring Link, it has almost nothing to do with other Zelda games.
i dont have a gameboy at the moment
my only nintendo console is a gamecube im playing majora via the zelda collectors edition disc
snowkatt: thats the game boy title right ?
Yeah, its been in a few forms. Game Boy, then they had the Link's Awakening DX version, which I think was Game Boy Color if my memory is right. Finally it was released on the 3DS eShop. I had the original Game Boy cart years ago, but never beat it. Its one of the harder (maybe the hardest) Zelda games out there. I picked up the eShop version about a year ago and finally beat it. Great game, the gameplay is kind of in between original Zelda and A Link to the Past.

Anyways just started Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (Out of this World) last night. About 3/4 of the way through. This game is tough, mainly due to the old school controls. Really cool for its time. Great cut scenes. Its got a HD touch up option that toggles on and off, which is nice.
Got back into hawken due to reloaded games picking them up again :)

feels good to be back playing that game
I'm pretty close to the end of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb right now. Still as good as I remember it. I really do love the fact that I can knock enemies' weapons out of their hands, and that they'll actuallly grab them again or even others available when given the chance, or steal mine after knocking them away! Damn Nazi swines! Frankly, I can't even think of any other game that has that kind of combat mechanic.

Yes, I've been very much enjoying it. I'm glad that the game finally saw a re-release and on GOG of all places. :)

Daliz: From Spiderweb, I've only completed Avadon, and now playing Avadon 2. If all the games are around 40 hours long, that's a lot to play..
Yes, they're all quite long. When I saw last weekend's sale I thought was: "Damn, under six bucks for 12 games like that (Geneforge and Avernum pack) is insane!" Bought them here long ago though when they were released on GOG. I'll have to pick up on those again eventually. Still have to go through Avernum 5&6, and Geneforge 3 - kind of got distracted in the middle of that one - and up. It just got a bit much after playing a few of them in a row; I just needed to play something else for a while. That was a year ago now? ;)

Anyway, I also have yet to touch either of the Avadons or the Avernum remakes that are sitting in my backlog. That alone would be roughly another 320 hours of playtime if we go by that 40-hour estimate. Oy vey!
Post edited March 26, 2015 by mistermumbles
Anyone started playing Pillars of Eternity yet?
DubConqueror: Anyone started playing Pillars of Eternity yet?
Waiting until my girlfriend is awake so I can watch the intro with full surround audio. Then I will piddle around the character creation screens a while and figure exactly how I want to make my char. and possibly go ahead and "start" it so it saves (definitely going with Death Godlike as either Cipher or fighter/barbarian/axe wielder of some sort.) But then I will not actually play any of the game until at least 2 patches are released, probably 3.

-she's awake! Going to read the manual for a while though too FIRST!
Post edited March 26, 2015 by drealmer7
On the PC front, I have been playing ALOT of Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe from Steam daily. So far, I have beat a few scenarios, my next scenario is Diamond Heights.

On the console side, (I own a Wii), I have been playing a lot of "A Boy and his blob" and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

On the GOG front, a lot of Pharaoh and Riven.
After Spring break, I have been delving time into Yakuza: Dead Souls, but I don't have any time to play during the week so i just get a little bit in on the weekend, and not much even then, but it is progressing quite nicely. It's up there with the best games I've played on the PS3 so far and I just realized it's the only zombie game I own.

I've not been using my PC a lot lately, mostly because it was not at my disposal. Still occasionally inching closer to the end in Oblivion (that is when the story is done).

Bravely Default is still on my plate, little bit slow on it as I can't just sit down with it for hours like I would like to.
Bloodborne, finally.

I'm very tired but I played for about 90 mins. It's basically Demon's Souls without a shield. It's tough and it's tense, and hopefully I love it as much as the three Souls games.
I just picked up Defender of the Crown in the weekend sale and was playing for a bit.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I find that I prefer the PC EGA version to the Amiga. Yeah, you lose a lot of the pretty graphics and sound, but the PC version plays better, IMO. Maybe I'll get the hang of the Amiga version and change my mind, but for right now PC version is more comfortable.