It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm currently working through Hyrule Warriors (WiiU). Taking a bit longer with it as my kids are wanting to learn it as well.

Picked up Guild Wars 2 when it was on sale for that free week, turns out it's much more fun than I thought.

To pick up on the timed demos discussion, screw them hard. I have three kids, and those demos help provide if I'm going to drop money on a purchase. Not only do the demos feel stripped more, but I don't have enough tries to determine if it's a worthwhile purchase. The kids end up forgetting about it since I just delete the thing when it expires. Saves me money I suppose...
CharlesGrey: I recall "timed demos" going as far back as the original Playstation, usually for Racing games or Beat'em'Ups/Fighters, and it was always bullshit. The way I see it, the more time I spend playing and enjoying the demo for a game, the more likely I am to buy the full game, sooner or later. These artificial limitations make me want to not support the developer/publisher just out of spite. I mean, demos already have drastically limited content compared to the full version, why would they add further limitations? It's just annoying.

Anyway, as for Bayonetta, it's cool that it's finally available on the Wii U ( exclusive too, apparently? ). I think there were some rumours they might not finish it, or at least not release it on Wii U. I'd like to get a Wii U myself eventually, but I've kind of been waiting for more interesting games to be released for it.
I remember getting demos for the PS2 years ago through the mail, and the weird thing is they weren't timed (as far as I remember). They were just a small portion of said games that you could replay over and over again. Kind of strange how demos are handled nowadays. I guessing they're under the impression that since people are interested enough to try the demo they might already be planning on getting the game anyway, but it's still stupid that the limits are there.

As far as Bayonetta 2 goes, are you talking about the original development under SEGA with said rumour? Because from what I remember it was cancelled after some portions of the game were done, and Platinum (judging from their sales outside of MGR: Rising) couldn't possibly fund it themselves. Kamiya (going by some of his words) said multiple publishers rejected them, and Nintendo seems to be the only company (as far as we know) that agreed to fund them. Unless you're talking about some other rumour I haven't heard about, but anyways...

Bayonetta 2 right now is exclusive to Nintendo since they're the publisher and funded it, and it's been out in Japan since September. So it's finished in a sense that it's actually available to the public (well...in Japan that is), but I haven't checked playthroughs on how it holds up (doing a quick search some folks have uploaded videos of later chapters, 15-16 chapters from a quick glance?) since I don't want to spoil the game. Although chances are it might be a timed exclusive, but I'm not betting on that. The original Bayonetta (which was available on Xbox 360 and PS3) isn't exclusive to the Wii U, Platinum just decided to add it with the sequel when folks asked if it was possible to bundle them together (although in a confusing way outside of the US, with retail copies of Bayonetta 1 Wii U being limited to Special Editions? I'm not entirely sure on that).

But yeah, Bayonetta 2 was one of the reasons I got a Wii U, and seeing the gameplay footage from the Treehouse Event and playing the demo I'm pretty excited about it. Although some other titles (namely ones mentioned at E3) won't be coming out until sometime in 2015, so waiting isn't a bad option for those who don't have one yet.

Wow...this is probably the longest post I've made on GOG.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by RayRay13000
The other day I almost played something other than Terraria.

Man, what a nightmare! :O
Neverwinter Nights 2 from gog.

Playing a Bard.

Still on OC.
Wrestling Revolution. This game is seriously addicting and fun, well, when it's not being rage inducing at least.
CharlesGrey: I recall "timed demos" going as far back as the original Playstation
Not quite the same thing perhaps, but way back in ye olden days, I played a demo for Donkey Kong Country on the SNES at a Walmart. They had it set up where the console reset every few minutes, letting you play only a stage or two before dumping everything back to the title screen.
Avolii: I'm currently working through Hyrule Warriors (WiiU). Taking a bit longer with it as my kids are wanting to learn it as well.

To pick up on the timed demos discussion, screw them hard. I have three kids, and those demos help provide if I'm going to drop money on a purchase. Not only do the demos feel stripped more, but I don't have enough tries to determine if it's a worthwhile purchase. The kids end up forgetting about it since I just delete the thing when it expires. Saves me money I suppose...
You're "working" through Hyrule Warriors? One would hope you're also having fun with it. :P

As for the demos, as far as I'm concerned, heavy demo limitations work against them since I'm less likely to buy such games. Same as with heavy DRM measures ( or any DRM, nowadays ). But hey, I'm sure they have their reasons, in both cases, even though I don't agree with them. There's probably some brilliant marketing strategy behind all that -- who knows, perhaps it even works on most of their target audience? *shrug*
Fallout! - first playthrough ever; thanks AnonymousGiftBot!
Kentucky Route Zero - awesome art; just got started.

(And all the other stuff I don't have a good reason to yet put down: Race the Sun, FTL, Screamer, Triple Town, etc, etc, etc...)
Banished. Been a long time and felt like getting back to it.

Baldur's Gate EE. Still not through the tutorial. I could never remember all that stuff so have to write it down.
RayRay13000: Kind of strange how demos are handled nowadays. I guessing they're under the impression that since people are interested enough to try the demo they might already be planning on getting the game anyway, but it's still stupid that the limits are there.
The way I see it, it appears to me they are worried some customers will be satisfied playing only the demo version and not feel the need to purchase the full game, hence why they decide to limit the demo further. And if that's true, then they apparently don't have much confidence in the quality of their product ( the full game ). I mean, a full version should have much more variety and content than a demo, right? If that's not the case, then it makes sense that they're afraid some customers will just make do with the demo version.

I also got the impression these limited demos are more common on consoles than on PC. At least back in the days of PS1 and PS2. I haven't really played any demo versions in recent years... Do they even still bother with those for PC games?
RayRay13000: As far as Bayonetta 2 goes, are you talking about the original development under SEGA with said rumour? Because from what I remember it was cancelled after some portions of the game were done, and Platinum (judging from their sales outside of MGR: Rising) couldn't possibly fund it themselves. Kamiya (going by some of his words) said multiple publishers rejected them, and Nintendo seems to be the only company (as far as we know) that agreed to fund them. Unless you're talking about some other rumour I haven't heard about, but anyways...
Right, I remember hearing about that. And come to think of it, maybe I was confusing it with some rumours about the Wii U version of Watchdogs or something? According to the local Amazon site, both are due for release soon. I'm curious how Watchdogs will turn out on Wii U. Could be really good -- apparently the Wii U version of Deus Ex: HR is the best version of the game, since they make good use of the Wii Us unique gamepad and input features, and I imagine that could work out favourably for Watchdogs too.
RayRay13000: Although chances are it might be a timed exclusive, but I'm not holding betting on that.
Yeah, wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to show up on other platforms. Nintendo's Wii U really needs some good ( mature ) exclusives, and I'm sure they're aware of it. Maybe a year from now, who knows.
RayRay13000: But yeah, Bayonetta 2 was one of the reasons I got a Wii U, and seeing the gameplay footage from the Treehouse Event and playing the demo I'm pretty excited about it. Although some other titles (namely ones mentioned at E3) won't be coming out until sometime in 2015, so waiting isn't a bad option for those who don't have one yet.
I actually don't know much about the series, and haven't played the first game. It looks interesting though, and I'm just glad to see some more decent games being released for the Wii U. For a while it looked a bit like it's going to end up like the poor Dreamcast. :(

I think it's an interesting console, it just needs proper software support, like any gaming platform.
RayRay13000: Wow...this is probably the longest post I've made on GOG.
Ding! Achievement unlocked!

CharlesGrey: I recall "timed demos" going as far back as the original Playstation
jimnorth: Not quite the same thing perhaps, but way back in ye olden days, I played a demo for Donkey Kong Country on the SNES at a Walmart. They had it set up where the console reset every few minutes, letting you play only a stage or two before dumping everything back to the title screen.
At least that one makes sense since a) you're playing at a public place, and they don't want the same kids to play for hours, while everyone else is waiting and b) it was probably the full version of the game.

Still makes you wonder if such a limitation is necessary. I mean, if someone likes it and can afford it, they'll probably want to buy a copy to play at home, rather trying to finish it right in the store. :/
Post edited October 17, 2014 by CharlesGrey
CharlesGrey: You're "working" through Hyrule Warriors? One would hope you're also having fun with it. :P

As for the demos, as far as I'm concerned, heavy demo limitations work against them since I'm less likely to buy such games. Same as with heavy DRM measures ( or any DRM, nowadays ). But hey, I'm sure they have their reasons, in both cases, even though I don't agree with them. There's probably some brilliant marketing strategy behind all that -- who knows, perhaps it even works on most of their target audience? *shrug*
Ha, yeah, I am enjoying Hyrule Warriors. Three kids under 6 makes it work. They want to crowd the controller, learn the moves, and then role-play as I play. No one has broken a bone or lost an eye yet thankfully.
Right now I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2 for the very first time. Besides NN2, I've been playing The Banner Saga which I fell in love with the battle system and the whole animation style. It's beautiful and the music is outstanding!

Then, on consoles, I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics 2 on Nintendo DSi and I'm waiting for Dragon Age: Inquisition for my Xbox 360. I know, for sure, when I get this game I'm going to be glued to it for a very long time.
Wrestling Revolution. I'm currently in a feud with Mat Dickie. Yes, the same Mat "MDickie" Dickie that made the game.
More Wrestling Revolution. My character has had the most interesting career ever, including breaking his neck in his first ever match in Wrestling School, being World Champion in nearly every promotion but still getting released on a regular basis and getting fired and rehired on a really regular basis by one company in particular. Oh, and he's accidentally killed two people in the ring and the second time it happened it actually made him a face (a good guy) when a week later he beat up the friend of the person who had died.
The Witcher 2 - The game just took the leash off and I feel kind of overwhelmed by the stuff. Received its cdkey today in the morning from cdkeyhopuse, at just $17.99.