It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Disciples II
Guild Wars II
Dragon Age: Origins
PSP
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II

On Vita
Muramasa Rebirth
Minecraft

3DS
Pokemon Y

PC
Tomb Raider Anniversary (on hold, since can't continue my stream)
Broken Sword : Director's Cut
Final Fantasy XIII

:P
CharlesGrey: Ugh, the Kayran can be a bitch, especially if it's your first time through the game. Some other bosses were nasty too, but in most cases you just need to figure out the best tactic ( also depending on your character build ).
astropup: It's much harder than the first game. I actually got back to charachter build up after not being able to beat Kayran. I thought my Geralt might be too weak for the big monster. :)
I definitely like the combat better than in the first, but how hard or easy battles are depends greatly on the character build and skills/ weapons you're using. It's interesting to replay it with a different character type and see how much it affects the difficulty in certain game situations.

Did you defeat the Kayran by now? If you're still having trouble, the key is mostly to stun it's tentacles with that paralyzing magic spell/sign and then get a few hits in. It's tricky to get the timing right and learn how to dodge its attacks, so it takes a few attempts. Make sure to use a few potions and maybe get a better weapon and armour to improve your chances. :)
RayRay13000: -Bayonetta 2 Demo. It's a short demo (just the prologue), so I'll just summarize the half hour (I think) I had in four words: I FUCKING LOVE IT! Of course I'll play more of it, but the 15 tries tied to it aren't going to last that long. =P

That's it for the most part.
That's on Wii U right? Anyhow, are you saying you only get to play it 15 times before the demo expires? Because that would be incredibly... dumb? I never understood demos with time limits or other such limitations.

( Not to ruin your fun with the game -- I'm just talking about the demo limitations, if that is indeed what you meant by "15 tries". )
Post edited October 16, 2014 by CharlesGrey
Playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Similar to Sleeping Dogs before, it's a bit buggy but quite enjoyable. Preeeeetty sure I'm gonna have to start over tho' because apparently the rest of the world has almost no confidence at all in my ability to save them from the aliens. Already lost the support of two countries, and I'm on the edge of losing like four more.

Ungrateful bastards! I sent almost fifteen soldiers to their deaths for you!
CharlesGrey: That's on Wii U right? Anyhow, are you saying you only get to play it 15 times before the demo expires? Because that would be incredibly... dumb? I never understood demos with time limits or other such limitations.

( Not to ruin your fun with the game -- I'm just talking about the demo limitations, if that is indeed what you meant by "15 tries". )
Yep, it's for the Wii U. As for the 15 tries...

It's basically how many times you can start the application before it stops opening. That "1 try" I did was going through the prologue stage twice. You can start the game up and play it as long as you want (24 hours or longer since there's no time limit), and that will take up "1 Try". The 3DS has the same thing with demos (30 from what I remember with Smash, Curtain Calls, and Bravely Default), but the same rule applies too. And yes, it's kind of dumb that they have that overall.
Gothic. I've finally gotten my head around the controls, I have no idea why it took so long, the controls are really simple once you get it in your mind that you can't just run around and hack n' slash and do everything (fighting/looting/etc) with just one button. Anyway, I'm looking forward to putting in the fifty hours or so it's going to take to beat this game. Graphically it's aged decently enough but the art direction and world building is fantastic, as is usual for Piranha Bytes.
Now I'm playing Might & Magic VIII for the very first time.
Civilization II MGE. A lot better at it now than when I had it back in the day, probably in part due to better availability of hints & tips from online..
SPAZ. Bought the gOg version but am playing the earlier Amazon version I bought a couple years back after a few members here spoke really highly of the title; might be the same thing, I dunno. Fun game.
CharlesGrey: Did you defeat the Kayran by now? If you're still having trouble, the key is mostly to stun it's tentacles with that paralyzing magic spell/sign and then get a few hits in. It's tricky to get the timing right and learn how to dodge its attacks, so it takes a few attempts. Make sure to use a few potions and maybe get a better weapon and armour to improve your chances. :)
Haven't had time. But thanx for asking. :)

And thanx for the advice. I did manage to cut off one tentacle few times. But haven't yet had success with cutting the others. :)

Anyways, I'm not playing it regulary. For example, I play it for 2 or 3 days, then don't play it for a week, then play it for a day or two, then... It all depends on the time and enthusiasm. :)
fuel
and sleeping dogs
Vertical Drop Heroes - nice fun for days when I have not much time
Banished - somehow one catastrophe happens after another, have not found the right balance yet; lots of fun :D
Post edited October 17, 2014 by moonshineshadow
Playing English Country Tune at the moment and can't really decide if I like it or not. Sure, the puzzles are interesting Sadly the camera is all over the place as is the presentation/UI.
Don't Starve
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon

Hope to try out Alien VS. Predator when I get a key.
RayRay13000: Yep, it's for the Wii U. As for the 15 tries...

It's basically how many times you can start the application before it stops opening. That "1 try" I did was going through the prologue stage twice. You can start the game up and play it as long as you want (24 hours or longer since there's no time limit), and that will take up "1 Try". The 3DS has the same thing with demos (30 from what I remember with Smash, Curtain Calls, and Bravely Default), but the same rule applies too. And yes, it's kind of dumb that they have that overall.
I recall "timed demos" going as far back as the original Playstation, usually for Racing games or Beat'em'Ups/Fighters, and it was always bullshit. The way I see it, the more time I spend playing and enjoying the demo for a game, the more likely I am to buy the full game, sooner or later. These artificial limitations make me want to not support the developer/publisher just out of spite. I mean, demos already have drastically limited content compared to the full version, why would they add further limitations? It's just annoying.

Anyway, as for Bayonetta, it's cool that it's finally available on the Wii U ( exclusive too, apparently? ). I think there were some rumours they might not finish it, or at least not release it on Wii U. I'd like to get a Wii U myself eventually, but I've kind of been waiting for more interesting games to be released for it.

astropup: And thanx for the advice. I did manage to cut off one tentacle few times. But haven't yet had success with cutting the others. :)

Anyways, I'm not playing it regulary. For example, I play it for 2 or 3 days, then don't play it for a week, then play it for a day or two, then... It all depends on the time and enthusiasm. :)
Yeah, I remember I died many times during that boss battle -- there's a lot of trial and error involved until you get it right. Just keep trying. :)

And I'm the same. I have so many games on GOG that I keep trying new ones, and rarely finish any games. I often just play them for a few days, then I'm too busy or play something else for a while. By the time I get back to a game I haven't played in a few weeks or months, I usually forget how the controls and gameplay works. :P
Post edited October 17, 2014 by CharlesGrey