It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Red Dead Redemption for PS3. Suddenly realizing that Rockstar is incapable of NOT putting frustrating, time-based chase/race missions in their games... even if it's on a horse.
Emob78: Red Dead Redemption for PS3. Suddenly realizing that Rockstar is incapable of NOT putting frustrating, time-based chase/race missions in their games... even if it's on a horse.
haha, that's one of the reasons why I decided not to buy it. I can't stand those types of quests :)
...although people really seem to dig this game...
Crusader Kings 2. Nothing else, this game eats enough of my time at the moment. I should continue Saints Row IV, though.
Post edited August 17, 2014 by sibberke
Crewdroog: Warband. Enjoying the game, though I am having great difficulty with fighting on horseback. But I don't have that many hours clocked in the game, figuring it's just a matter of practice. Combat system is fun too, though again it's gonna take a lot of practice to get proficient. Funny, the one thing that almost made me rage quit was trying to herd some cattle to a village. :)
Horse combat definitely takes some work. Usually I just charge into the enemy and try not to get surrounded. I try to keep them distracted whilst my archers and other soldiers start tearing through them.

Cattle is annoying, but I noticed something. It's really annoying if you try to constantly stay behind them and try to push them a little at a time. It's much better to hold the space bar so time passes, and let them walk some distance before you catch up to them again. Unless I'm mistaken, they generally seem to "know" where they're supposed to be going, so the space bar prevents a lot of frustration.
I cannot stop playing Dota 2, please send help!

Well, beside that I've recently picked up the classic X-Wing CD again and playing a bit Teslagrad while also playing a few skirmishes of the game "Rise and Fall". I still need to finish Brütal Legend which is an awesome game.

Cannot wait until the end of the year when Elite: Dangerous finally comes out, holy moly this game will consume me. The premise is mind blowing and from what I can see from youtube videos it's already really awesome. However I still enjoy waiting until the first official "past-beta" version comes out. Most of my time on the internet is anticipating that one game, and I enjoy playing the waiting game :D!
Crewdroog: Warband. Enjoying the game, though I am having great difficulty with fighting on horseback. But I don't have that many hours clocked in the game, figuring it's just a matter of practice. Combat system is fun too, though again it's gonna take a lot of practice to get proficient. Funny, the one thing that almost made me rage quit was trying to herd some cattle to a village. :)
Do you use automatic attack direction and block direction? Really helps. There is an application called tweakMB where you can also make the cattle follow you instead of run away from you, like it does in Fire and Sword.
I am playing Dust: An Elysian Tail. It's hard to believe one guy developed this.
Dray2k: I cannot stop playing Dota 2, please send help!

Well, beside that I've recently picked up the classic X-Wing CD again and playing a bit Teslagrad while also playing a few skirmishes of the game "Rise and Fall". I still need to finish Brütal Legend which is an awesome game.

Cannot wait until the end of the year when Elite: Dangerous finally comes out, holy moly this game will consume me. The premise is mind blowing and from what I can see from youtube videos it's already really awesome. However I still enjoy waiting until the first official "past-beta" version comes out. Most of my time on the internet is anticipating that one game, and I enjoy playing the waiting game :D!
yeah it looks pretty good but there's also Star Citizen to consider.
micktiegs_8: Do you use automatic attack direction and block direction? Really helps. There is an application called tweakMB where you can also make the cattle follow you instead of run away from you, like it does in Fire and Sword.
I am using automatic block direction while i get used to swinging correctly. If I get super angry maybe I'll turn it on.

DieRuhe: Horse combat definitely takes some work. Usually I just charge into the enemy and try not to get surrounded. I try to keep them distracted whilst my archers and other soldiers start tearing through them.

Cattle is annoying, but I noticed something. It's really annoying if you try to constantly stay behind them and try to push them a little at a time. It's much better to hold the space bar so time passes, and let them walk some distance before you catch up to them again. Unless I'm mistaken, they generally seem to "know" where they're supposed to be going, so the space bar prevents a lot of frustration.
Thanks for the suggestion with the cattle. I'll try that next time I rustle some up :)
And yeah, figured practice makes perfect with the horses.
Post edited August 17, 2014 by Crewdroog
I've been playing Salvation Prophecy quite a bit the last few days, I'm not too far from the end if I'm guessing correctly. It's mostly still fun but the backlash from the "major plot twist" is getting rather annoying and I'm stuck dealing with it until the game decides to give me a few more specific quests.
Playing a bit of Long Live the Queen. Its alright I guess, but I'm not sure if I'll finish it. There's not nearly enough exposition to get immersed in a story or get attached to a character. All that's left is a long, complex puzzle to reach the end.
Blade of Darkness. I started with the Warrior character (or whatever the shield and sword guy is called). The first couple of levels were okay, but after that, things started going downhill. A lot of people seem to like this game, so I'm just going to assume the problem is with me, but everything feels off. The lock-on system is weird and doesn't always work like it should, and movement when locked on is awkward (you can move forward, backward, left, or right, but not combination of those). The combat is just as awkward. I like that attacking and pressing a movement key does a certain attack, but I have found it next to impossible to consistently execute those attacks. And combos? They are made out to be one of the most useful things in the game, but I have only found them to be of use a couple of times. This is mainly because every time I execute one, Mr. Warrior Knight turns a little to the left or right (depending on the direction key I'm using for the combo), thus swinging past my target and leaving me wide open to attack. This wasn't too bad early on when the enemies were kind of stupid and didn't hit very hard, but now it means quick death. To top it all off, shields are next to useless, and dodging doesn't always work. Long story short, I'm not having very much fun. I'm going to try another character, and if things don't get any better, I'm walking away.

Volgarr the Viking. I generally avoid platformers, but the art style in this game really appealed to me. I'm enjoying it. It's ridiculously difficult (it took me an hour or two just to get to the second checkpoint), but if I play it in short bursts, it is still fun.

Enclave. I've been wanting to play this one again for a while, and while I initially intended to play it after finishing Blade of Darkness, I went ahead and started it. Fun stuff. Melee combat feels way more short-range than I remember, but still pretty fun. Nothing fancy, nothing complex. Just good fun.
Beyond Two Souls

Holy crap... this is a perfect example of what is wrong with modern gaming.

Nice graphics? Yes.

Gameplay? Not really.
A highlight of the game is pressing L1 R1 L1 R1 to situps, so I'll let you decide.

The entire game consists of cut-scenes and QTEs.

Sparring?
Press Left, Press right, oops screwed up. Do it over and over again until you get it right.

Meanwhile the camera pans in circles around you in a failed attempt to make it all seem interesting confusing what direction we're even supposed to be pressing.

Action sequence?
Shake the controller up and down to avoid capture, yet you get the feeling the scene ends the same no matter what happens.

No thank you, give me some good old games with some damn gameplay.

Maybe my mind will change by the time I finish the game, but so far this is a complete waste of $20
Post edited August 18, 2014 by djdarko
Currently playing DMC HD Collection and I'm getting absolutely destroyed by the third fight with Nelo Angelo in DMC 1.
At this very moment, Shadowrun Returns, playing as a Dwarven(of course) Street Samurai named Keghand Axebeard.