It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am currently playing Parasite Eve 2. I have not played the first game as it was never released in the UK. I like the game, but it's strange that SquareSoft chose to exclude voice actors from the game and made it text only. Especially as it was competing against the fully voiced Resident Evil games. I wonder if voice actors were rules out to save space on the discs and make room for all the lovely cut scenes?
Ragnarblackmane: At this very moment, Shadowrun Returns, playing as a Dwarven(of course) Street Samurai named Keghand Axebeard.
Once you finish SR, I would really like to hear your opinion about it! That game has been on my "maybe I'll buy it" list for some time already... voices also say that while the base game is a solid title, the Dragonfall expansion is a great overall improvement.
Ragnarblackmane: At this very moment, Shadowrun Returns, playing as a Dwarven(of course) Street Samurai named Keghand Axebeard.
trying to wrap head around what a dwarven street samurai looks like...

After reading a post on Skyrim and remembering I disliked it, I pulled out the ol' Oblivion. It is scary how much I played it previously, because I still remember enemy positioning in dungeons. Mainly, I am leveling up so I can go play with Sheogorath :)
I just started Miner Wars 2081, a 6DOF (six degrees of freedom) action-survival space-shooter simulation-game set in the year 2081, 10 years after the destruction of all planetary objects in the Solar System.
Mass Effect (sorta). I'm to the point where I've got a boring ass grind ahead of me--I really do not care for the "explore the galaxy and find junk" sidequests--before I can get back to the main story.

I picked up Castlevania though. Might try it. No idea if I'll like it--I picked it up mostly for the voice acting. Here's hoping it's got a decent game to go along with it's cast. LOL.
Been playing skyrim this week. Amazing game!
Woflenstein: The New Order. So far I'm really liking it, about eight hours in now. Good graphics, nice guns, interesting enough characters. I love that the stealth system is fun, while also allowing me to blast the living crap out of Nazi robots when I desire. Most fun I've had with a big game since Dishonored.
moonlight_: Been playing skyrim this week. Amazing game!
It ruined my life. :) I do love it, though.

I'm playing:

Fortrix 2 (thanks Momo!)
Wargame: European Escapation
Pajama Sam: something about being afraid of the dark (with the kiddos)

and during my nice long moments I get, I'm still hammering out Thief and Gothic 4 (which so far hasn't been as bad as people say -- enjoying more than the Risens so far, but not I'm not far enough in to make a real good conclusion -- just an hour or two, I think)

And I'm still slowly making progress on BG2 and Blade of Darkness.

I tend to sip multiple cups these days.

Oh -- and Dragon's Dogma on the XBOX. That game is awesome.
Post edited August 19, 2014 by Tallima
Tallima: It ruined my life. :) I do love it, though.

I'm playing:

Fortrix 2 (thanks Momo!)

and during my nice long moments I get, I'm still hammering out Thief and Gothic 4 (which so far hasn't been as bad as people say -- enjoying more than the Risens so far, but not I'm not far enough in to make a real good conclusion -- just an hour or two, I think)

Yours and mine! I've beaten both fortix games and they are really nice!

I'm playing:

Fortrix 2 (thanks Momo!)

How "closed off" is Gothic 4 compared to the "original" Gothics and/or how much does it have in common with the "original" Gothics? I tried giving the demo a try a while ago but it wouldn't even start so I took it as a sign that me and the game were not to be.
Tallima: Oh -- and Dragon's Dogma on the XBOX. That game is awesome.
Yes!
Playing a bit of Blades of Time. I swear every voice over for the main character is decent except for the English one, that's gotta be a first.
Enebias: Once you finish SR, I would really like to hear your opinion about it! That game has been on my "maybe I'll buy it" list for some time already... voices also say that while the base game is a solid title, the Dragonfall expansion is a great overall improvement.
Crewdroog: trying to wrap head around what a dwarven street samurai looks like...

After reading a post on Skyrim and remembering I disliked it, I pulled out the ol' Oblivion. It is scary how much I played it previously, because I still remember enemy positioning in dungeons. Mainly, I am leveling up so I can go play with Sheogorath :)
Enebias I'll gladly share my thoughts with you, but I'll tell you upfront that I am trying hard not to be biased because I played both the old Shadowrun video game and the table-top rpg growing up so my "deck" is firmly planted in the past ;).

And CD...here's an actual example of the game art for a Dwarven street samurai.
http://i.imgur.com/3PHJf.jpg
arkham asylum in a moment. 'tis a good game.

I'm playing:

Fortrix 2 (thanks Momo!)

NoNewTaleToTell: How "closed off" is Gothic 4 compared to the "original" Gothics and/or how much does it have in common with the "original" Gothics? I tried giving the demo a try a while ago but it wouldn't even start so I took it as a sign that me and the game were not to be.
Very different. Very closed off. Very different game. But it still rewards exploring and it has simple but fun combat.

The game is SO closed off that I jumped onto a rock that the developers did not intend me to jump onto, so it force-pushed me off the rock into the ocean where you get insta-death.

Also, you're limited in where you can go a lot. You go where they want you to go, for the most part. But there's still stuff to find while looking around.

Gothics and Risens are all far better for exploration. But the combat is simpler for Gothic 4, which makes it more fun for me.

I think it won't end up being a top RPG for me, but it's still pleasant enough to put in some time.