It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm playing through Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines right now.
CatintheHeat: Playing Torchlight II right now. I always seem to go back to the action RPG's, definitely my favorite genre.
toxicTom: I started Torchlight 1 a while ago, and while these games suck me in as long as I play them, I have to force myself to continue the next day. I don't know - it just feels "empty and in vain" since there is no deeper meaning other than killing, looting und leveling up. I always get the feeling like eating to much junk food - addictive in the beginning, but kind of sick of it afterwards. I had more perseverance with Divine Divinity that plays ARPG-like but has a more fleshed out background.

I don't want to spoil your fun, I'm just curious what IS the fun for you in these games. I always try to "like" the games I play as much as I can - overlooking flaws, concentrating on the good aspects and the love the designers and developers put into them. I don't see why I should keep myself from savoring the experience by nitpicking on the annoyances and weaknesses that even the best games have.
You are right in a way. But what is the sense in playing any video game, to have fun. The addiction in well built ARPG's is goal oriented in gaining complete sets of gear, or beating a boss at the highest level. But you are correct in that they can be time sinks. But again all video are time sinks unless you are playing them as a simulation to increase your skills in real life. Mostly video games have become a cheap form of entertainment. Spending $5 on a game I can play for weeks before moving on is sure a lot cheaper than going out to theater to see a movie, even one time.
ruusakraj: I'm playing through Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines right now.
Oh wow! With the community patch, I hope? This is one of those games where I wish I could play it again "for the first time".
CatintheHeat: You are right in a way. But what is the sense in playing any video game, to have fun. The addiction in well built ARPG's is goal oriented in gaining complete sets of gear, or beating a boss at the highest level. But you are correct in that they can be time sinks. But again all video are time sinks unless you are playing them as a simulation to increase your skills in real life. Mostly video games have become a cheap form of entertainment. Spending $5 on a game I can play for weeks before moving on is sure a lot cheaper than going out to theater to see a movie, even one time.
You are right. Maybe I didn't have the perseverance to take these games that far (beating the boss on the highest level). I don't play games to increase real life skills. But I tend to prefer games that leave me satisfied in a way that a good book does. And this just didn't happen with ARPGs so far.
I play a whole range of games, mostly RPG nowaday, but also arcade, shooters, adventures, racing. In the past simulations and TBS, but I don't have the time to learn these complex beasts anymore. I guess I draw my satisfaction from either a good story or "having to do things/perform well" to beat the game. In case of ARPGs I can't feel neither - story is mostly just an excuse to kill things and the killing itself is done in a very simple way that doesn't require a lot of skill or strategy. Might be different on the levels you play. In the case of Torchlight I bought tons of the "treasure maps". Even if they could be difficult they just wouldn't give me the same feeling like beating a level of, say, Final Doom in Ultra Violence mode. And after this the regular "story" maps became ridiculously easy.
I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin with TET. That dude's pretty fun to roll with ^_^
OneFiercePuppy: I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin with TET. That dude's pretty fun to roll with ^_^
With TET?! Cool, send him our greetings!! =)

At the moment, I'm almost through yet another playthrough of ME3, still at the beginning of the 3rd act in The Witcher and I have started D:OS to see how it plays. But I'll probably put it on hold, because other games on my list have a higher priority xD
Last night I switched off Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams during the last bossfight, after unsuccesfully trying for no less than three hours to defeat that ***** Gurglewocky. I was mad like hell and swore that I never, EVER touch this game again.

Today I fired it up one more time, defeated the boss, replayed that level for two more times just for enjoyment and unlocked Hardcore mode.

And now I'm playing the extension (Rise of the Owlerlord). :)
Post edited July 05, 2014 by Bolch76
I have a pretty short attention span for gaming, getting worse as I age. I'm flipping around between several games this past month or so. From GOG, HOMM 3, Heroes Chronicles, Bravelands, and Eschalon book 1; from Steam Orcs Must Die and Blake Stone.
Banished has been taking up the majority of my time, a very fun game :)
I've been playing the games I bought from the Steam Summer Sale. So far I've finished these three games:

-Castle Crashers
-BattleBlock Theater
-Game Dev Tycoon

Right now I'm playing 1001 Spikes.
Post edited July 06, 2014 by RayRay13000
At the moment, it's quite a lot:

Hoshizora no Memoria (My favorite VN!)
Fallout: New Vegas (I got the Dead Money DLC, so why not? At least I have an excuse to continue where I left off with my old character while starting a new character on Hardcore mode.)
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Freespace 2 (Both of these games made me use my Logitech Attack 3 Joystick, and while I do like it, a part of me wants another joystick that's pretty good. To those who use the Attack 3, what do you guys think?)
AttObl: Freespace 2
SCP Version?
AttObl: Freespace 2
toxicTom: SCP Version?
Correct.
Three games atm: Fallout (original), The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, DOTA 2.
And there is always a little bit of time when i just launch HoMM3 and play some quick map or retry some favourite campaign missions.
Dark Souls II
Super Mario Bros. 3
Cave Story +
Crimzon Clover