It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Started reading Tom Clancy's "The Sum of all Fears" again.
It's ok...nothing ground breaking.
The book equivalent of a popcorn flick.
Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett
So far, its fantastic
manga; Leveling with the gods, Skeleton who couldn't protect the dungeon.

Books; Restarting the Anita Blake series.
I recently re-read the e-book version of "The Bachman Books", a collection of three(*) Stephen King novels, that he wrote under his pseudonym "Richard Bachman", between 1979 and 1982.

All three are true classics of the "King of Horror" (who's able to pack his horrors into "everyday occurrences", like no one else).

(*)Unfortunately, the first (of the initially four books) in the collection, was cut from this re-release (those "in the know", know why).

And while I can understand (to a certain degree) why King doesn't want the missing story to be re-released, it's also just another sad example for how we can lose access to things, that we take for granted.

Luckily for me, I own all four books also in print form, so I'll re-read the fourth story that way.
I'm going to start reading The Simarillion from J.R.R. Tolkien.
Now reading the Iliad.
Just FYI, the thread for books finished in 2024 is up.
Hello!

I am reading through various Tom Clancy novels related to modern submarines such as "Hunt for Red October", "SSN", "Red Storm Rising". Some of them I had read in German from physical printed editions in the past; this time I am reading English ebook versions of them.

Furthermore, I got curious about the weird "House of Leaves", maybe it will be the next on my current reading list.

Kind regards,
foxgog
The Vanishing Tower (Elric Saga)
by Michael Moorcock
A play by play takedown of Tim LeHeye & Jerry B. Jenkins's awful series of dispensationalist fiction.

It took an interesting turn when it turns out even the Mennonites don't like these books.
I'm in the process of re-reading "First Blood", by David Morrell.
Still a great story. And one of those books, that I can read again every few years.
"Dear Playboy, I cannot believe it happened. To. Me....."

Just kidding.

"Dear Hustl....." no wait....

Shakespeare! So easy to confuse such master work literature ;)
Playing with the Past: Digital Games and the Simulation of History by eds. Andrew Elliot and Matthew Kapell and
Digital Games As History: How Videogames Represent The Past And Offer Access To Historical Practice by Adam Chapman
The Day of the Triffids
by John Wyndham
seba_86: The Day of the Triffids
by John Wyndham
A true Sci-Fi classic!
I think, when I'm through with the "Rambo-Trilogy", I'll re-read that, too.
Thanks for the inspiration. :)