It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm reading Savages, by Joe Kane. Currently on a nonfiction binge.

lukew: I'm currently reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. So far, it's very good. :)

I'm curious, how many people are reading physical copies and how many are reading ebook versions of their aformentioned books?
I'm reading a physical copy, currently. I tend to read physical nonfiction and fiction ebooks — though if I *adore* a book I will tend to have a physical copy. Kind of like buying a collector's edition, I guess.
lukew: I'm currently reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. So far, it's very good. :)

I'm curious, how many people are reading physical copies and how many are reading ebook versions of their aformentioned books?
That particular book I first read as ebook then got a physical copy because I liked it so much.
The "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" series. :)
CaptainGyro: Dracula.

Never read it before, saw it was free for Kindle so figured yeah why the hell not. It's really entertaining so far, is it even possible for a person to hate the original story of Dracula?
It's awesome reading it and seeing all the cliches before they were cliches
You know the castle (Vlad's) went up for sale in Romania some years back. I wished at that time I had the money (to piss away(and by "piss away" I mean had that money period) to buy it. The upkeep must be a bitch.

Wishful thinking: [url= http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19563707/ns/world_news-europe/t/former-royal-family-selling-draculas-castle/#.UKhJ uYYs6fU] Here's one link[/url]
Post edited November 17, 2012 by the_bard
Another castle I wouldn't mind owning(for obvious reasons):

Clearwell Castle

Check out some of the history

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was recorded there. Amongst other greats. -__-
Post edited November 17, 2012 by the_bard
"Gormenghast", by Mervyn Peake. A criminally overlooked book.
CaptainGyro: Dracula.
Hey so was I!
I've completely forgotten that this thread exists.

Now I'm starting to read Peter Hamilton's The Dreaming Void, first part of The Void Trilogy, and I'm hoping to enjoy it at least as much as his Commonwealth Saga. ;)
Finished reading The Voyage of the Space Beagle by Alfred E. Van Vogt. It's essentially Star Trek (classic) before Star Trek, with scientists on the front in place of the army. I liked it.
Charon121: "Gormenghast", by Mervyn Peake. A criminally overlooked book.
Just started Titus Groan, yesterday, got the three books for my Kindle, havent read them since I was a teenager, a great series :)
The New Psycho-Cybernetics - Maxwell Malz. Interesting read :)
Hunger Games, and Cosmos by Carl Sagan.
E-Books

The Gold Coast - Nelson Demille
The Hydrogen Sonata - Iain M. banks

Paperbacks and Hardbacks

A Pleasure To Burn - Ray Bradbury
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich - William L. Shirer

Getting Ready To Read

Cold Days - Jim Butcher ( When it's released in a few days )
Just starting up a couple :

-Napoleon Bonaparte by Alan Schom

-Core system book for the Outbreak : Undead RPG.
Charon121: "Gormenghast", by Mervyn Peake. A criminally overlooked book.
F1ach: Just started Titus Groan, yesterday, got the three books for my Kindle, havent read them since I was a teenager, a great series :)
Someone else knows about it? Yay! Isn't it the most decadent and dessicated prose ever written? :D