It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Chasm City, awesome book. It's like Mass Effect, only better.
I am currently trying to get through a Song of Ice and Fire as well but with Season 2 looming, I will probably set it aside and read Pure by Julianna Baggot. Wow do i have a stack starting to build up and exams too! Fun times.......
Just finished the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies by Dan Abnett, and started on the first of the Gaunt's Ghosts books by the same author. I think I'm becoming a W40K fan :D
Can't quote my own posts?

I wrote " George Koskimaki: D-day with the screaming eagles,
Brian Greene: The hidden reality (physics written for the masses),
Peter Singer: OneWorld - the ethics of globalization (in a dutch translation Een Wereld),
A book with drawings and prints by M.C. Escher,
Terry Pratchett: The light fantastic.
Athans and others: Realms of War.

Feeling quite proud I'm not reading one dozen books at the same time, but only six at the moment. "

Right now fallen into bad habit of reading too many books at the same time. Finished Koskimaki, Escher and Peter Singer, but did start in a bundle of essays by Stephan Jay Gould, Zen diaries by Peter Matthiesen, a dutch novel called 'Javaans bloed' and 'The fatal Shore' by Robert Hughes, a Huge history of Australia and it's penal colony past. And tried 'Niet morgen maar nu' (orig: 'Your erronous zones') by Wayne Dyer, but don't like it very much, too voluntaristic in philosophy.

Am I the only one here with the strange habit of reading 5+ books in parellel? You all seem to be normal people who read one book at a time.
Post edited February 26, 2012 by DubConqueror
I dont get how some people can read through so many books at once, fitting this in with my gaming schedule (and my job schedule, as soon as i get one) Would be hectic.
Night of Knives, the first Malazan Empire book, by Ian C. Esslemont. I finished the last Malazan Book of the Fallen a few weeks ago, so now I'm reading the other works of the Malazanverse.
Finally finished reading A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, book 2) last week. That book was... Well, calling it insufferable might be an understatement. A couple hundred pages too long for its content.

I'm now reading through The Crystal Shard (That's the first book in the Icewind Dale trilogy by R. A. Salvatore) and I'm liking it better than the previous Drizzt book (Sojourn, a rather mediocre novel), so all's fine :P
Nroug7: I dont get how some people can read through so many books at once, fitting this in with my gaming schedule (and my job schedule, as soon as i get one) Would be hectic.
To me it's like a dish, or a menu in a restaurant: right now I'm in mood A, so I pick mood A, next day I might have mood B and pick book B. Books might take months to be completed this way. One of the books I completed this februari, I started in during summer holiday (the others were more recent starts).
Tizzysawr: I'm now reading through The Crystal Shard (That's the first book in the Icewind Dale trilogy by R. A. Salvatore) and I'm liking it better than the previous Drizzt book (Sojourn, a rather mediocre novel), so all's fine :P
The Crystal Shard is on my 'to read' list (the pile of books facing away from me under the living room table) - it will be my first complete Forgotten Realms novel, the collection of war stories I'm reading now being the first book I'm reading about Faerûn.

*damn, I hate missing preview functions in forum software!
Post edited February 26, 2012 by DubConqueror
Tizzysawr: Finally finished reading A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, book 2) last week. That book was... Well, calling it insufferable might be an understatement. A couple hundred pages too long for its content.
I liked it, but he tends to drag a bit all right and there are times when there's so many people or places you simply lose track of what's what. I'm on the third book, a Storm of Swords and the fourth is waiting on my cupboard. I also bought the 3 Iron Druid chronicles books and haven't read any yet, but they're in line after the song of Ice and fire.

The only thing I'm NOT looking forward is waiting for A DAnce with Dragons to come out on softcover, since it'll be a while for that to happen after I'm done reading the previous books. These books are so filled with names that if I wait too long between them, I'll start to forget important details.
DubConqueror: The Crystal Shard is on my 'to read' list (the pile of books facing away from me under the living room table) - it will be my first complete Forgotten Realms novel, the collection of war stories I'm reading now being the first book I'm reading about Faerûn. !
May I recommend reading the Dark Elf Trilogy first? I first tried to read The Crystal Shard about five years ago and just couldn't get into it. Fast forward to now, reading it with the whole background on Drizzt in my mind and better knowledge of what's happening and I'm quite enjoying it :)

The Dark Elf Trilogy is a prequel trilogy to the Icewind Dale one, and it's made up by Homeland, Exile and Sojourn. Sojourn drags quite a bit, but Exile is a pretty good read and Homeland is just awesome. I've reviewed them all on my website (tizzysart dot com) if you want to look into them, though I'm pretty liberal when it comes to putting spoilers on reviews.
Thanks for the tip Tizzysawr!
I'm actually considering on reading my first Star Wars book soon.
Fool, by Christopher Moore
ICO: Castle in the Mist by Miyuki Miyabe
Having just re-read the entire City Watch story arc in Discworld, I'm now reading Man-Kzin Wars 8.