It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Started reading Game of Thrones books and Witcher by A.Sapkowski
Arguably by Christopher Hitchens.

What a loss to the world when we lost Hitch years ago - his wit is surely missed.
jepsen1977: Arguably by Christopher Hitchens.

What a loss to the world when we lost Hitch years ago - his wit is surely missed.
Indeed. I wish his books were easier to find here, I've never seen a single one in stores.
Monster Hunter Vendetta.

Then I will rad the third book in the series Alpha and move on to something else.
krugos2: Indeed. I wish his books were easier to find here, I've never seen a single one in stores.
If you have access to the Google Book Store then you can get a 3 books in 1 volume edition of God is Not Great, Hitch 22 and Arguably for a fair price - that's the one I'm currently reading.
Kiss of Fire, the first book in the Imdalind series. I... don’t know how to feel about it.

Shortly after we got married, my wife and I took to reading together. I read aloud while my wife sits or lies next to me in the bed. It’s one of our favorite parts of the day, even though she often likes me to read late into the night despite me having to get up early for work. We’ve made it through a few books so far, and a running theme for the books we choose is young adult books we enjoyed/still enjoy.

My wife considers the Imdalind series her favorite even still. She read them about a month ago, and she has wanted me to read them ever since. I finally agreed, and we’ve been working our way through Kiss of Fire for a week or two now. And... bleh.

I’ll start out by saying that it’s not awful. It has some redeeming qualities, like the fact that the magic came from and is centered around Prague. To be honest, though, that’s probably the only unique plot element the book has. Oh, sure, it has its magic and some stuff that may not be an exact copy of other young adult books, but it isn’t unique or different enough to stand out. In fact, it’s so full of cliches and tropes that I haven’t gone a single stretch of reading without pausing to stifle a groan.

It’s incredibly disjointed, too. I still haven’t been able to tell what the main plot of the book is, because it holds its romance plot in front of your face so much that it’s attempts at convincing you that that isn’t the main focus are weak and ineffective. The whole first third of the book is focused on this romance plot, and while it sprinkles in hints of the magic that I assume the series is about throughout that first third, I wasn’t sure if I was reading a romance or a supernatural/fantasy novel. I don’t mind romantic subplots, but I don’t appreciate being tricked into a romance novel.

To cap it all off, the writing is simplistic and riddled with typos and strange punctuation that make some sentences nearly incomprehensible on a first read (though to be fair, I blame the typos and punctuation issues on a poor editor).

To be honest, I’m struggling to maintain interest. Which I suppose is a shocker in and of itself: a couple years ago, I would have stopped reading early on. I suppose it helps that my wife is so invested in the series, and her interest keeps me interested.

But goodness if I can’t wait until we finish this series.
What I am reading right now is a biography about Winston Churchill’s life, called Churchill: Walking with Destiny by Andrew Roberts. It is really fascinating read, because the author gives the reader of what other people had thought of Churchill during different parts of his life and him not really caring of how people thought of him.

I am also reading Dracula by Bram Stroker, the original story of Dracula, and Stroker has a really interesting way of writing this book. The way that he had wrote the book is through the diary entries and letters that the characters had wrote about what was going on.
I intend to read The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, starting with The Hobbit. I believe this is the first time I'm reading The Hobbit in english. Excellent summer books.
Yo el Supremo by Augosto Roa Bastos.It is a novel based on the figure of the Paraguayan dictator José Gaspar Rodríguez de Francia.
Currently, it would be Shogun by James Clavell.
Post edited June 09, 2019 by OmegaInfinityX
Stalking the Wild Pendulum by Itzhak Bentov

Edgar Cayce Modern Prophet ed. Director of the Association for Research and Enlightment

Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski
jepsen1977: If you have access to the Google Book Store then you can get a 3 books in 1 volume edition of God is Not Great, Hitch 22 and Arguably for a fair price - that's the one I'm currently reading.
Will look into it, thanks! :)

OmegaInfinityX: Currently, it would be Shogun by James Clavell.
I loved that book, I read it many, many years ago, back in the late 90's. I still remember a few Japanese words I learned reading that book, lol. I'd like to read it again some day. I hope you're enjoying it. :)
I'm reading Strategies & Tactics for the MBE /s

But really I'm reading stuff to study for the bar (which I should be studying for right now)
Dzienniki
by Stefan Kisielewski
The Hate U Give
by Angie Thomas