It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ciemnogrodzianin: Jesus of Nazareth by Roman Brandstaetter
With 1,5k pages this one may take me a while ;)
I'm not so sure whether the numbers of pages are a good indicator for the reading time. So have I still not finished the the book "Zwergenblut" even after several month although it has less than a third of pages of your book. Somehow I can't force myself to read further. Maybe because I still know a bit how itends although it was a while since I read it the first time.

@topic
Article: "Interview mit dem Programmdirektor des deutsch-franzoesischen Senders ARTE - mit Bezug zu den als fragwuerdig betrachteten Putin vs. USA-Sendungen" by Ulrike Sumfleth
An interview with ARTE's programme director about the questionable Putin vs USA broadcasts.
Post edited February 16, 2018 by viperfdl
viperfdl: ...
Not perfect indicator, for sure, but we do not have anything else, do we? :) Brandstaetter seems to have standard density and number of pages does not have to be multiplied to get a real length factor ;) Nice, old-school reading so far.

Through the book away and go to the next one. Life's too short!
Just started to read Die amerikanische Elite by Charles Wright Mills.
It's the German translation of the book The Power Elite.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by viperfdl
Article: Die Mehrheit schlaegt zurueck by Brigitte Domurath-Sylvers
A review of the book "The Road to Somewhere: The Populist Revolt and the Future of Politics" by David Goodhart.

Edit:
Article: Verrueckte an die Macht! by Jens Lehrich
About a study by the Stanford University that conspiracy theorists are right in 8 of 10 cases and how the people react to that study. No sure how serious this is.
Post edited February 21, 2018 by viperfdl
World Without End - Ken Follet

Only about 100 pages in and I'm thoroughly enjoying it thus far.
Maluchem przez Afrykę by Arkady Paweł Fiedler

Nice reportage from trans-African journey made with ridiculously inappropriate car :)
Afshon Ostovar - Vanguard of the Imam _ religion, politics, and Iran's Revolutionary Guards (2016)

A book about Iran's The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), from militia to now became the guard of Ayatollahs and the religion state.
Article: Das Volk als Schafherde
It's a translation of We the Sheeple: the Blind Reading the Blind by Jason Hirthler
Winter World - post-apo comic book series with a lot of snow.
Reading second issue atm. It seems I've bought it from Humble.
Finished reading my first book of 2018, this Italian edition of Emile Zola's Germinal. 4/5
ciemnogrodzianin: Winter World - post-apo comic book series with a lot of snow.
Reading second issue atm. It seems I've bought it from Humble.
I trust you've seen "SnowPiercer"?
Ursule Mirouët by Balzac.
I just found out that "Metro 2033" is based on a book.

Anyone here read it? You opinions?
tinyE: I trust you've seen "SnowPiercer"?
Of course not. Is it worth watching?
I totally lost interest hope for cinema a few years ago...

tinyE: I just found out that "Metro 2033" is based on a book.
Anyone here read it? You opinions?
Yup. It also has sequels. And a whole series of books in the same universe. It's written by Russian author and very popular Eastern Europe, also in Poland (a few Polish authors written books under the "brand").

But Metro is rather mediocre. As a fan of post-apocalyptic books I can probably recommend a lot of better readings.
tinyE: I trust you've seen "SnowPiercer"?
ciemnogrodzianin: Of course not. Is it worth watching?
I totally lost interest hope for cinema a few years ago...

tinyE:
ciemnogrodzianin:
I personally was a little disappointed, but I'm in the minority. The premise is brilliant and, to an extent, the movie does follow through with it, I just felt it got a little too "Die Hard" at times. It's worth watching just for the plot and how they follow through with it. It's also an amazing looking movie.