It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alan Wake by Rick Burroughs
Reading online about HVAC systems, and also solar electric power. Gotta make some upgrades to this place and I hope to find some reliable, cost-effective, and low-impact solutions. Exciting stuff!
cose_vecchie: The book is this one:

http://www.newtoncompton.com/libro/le-mille-e-una-notte

You can buy a digital version for 0.99€, but of course it's an Italian translation.
Interesting. Thank you!
El amor en los tiempos del cólera by Gabriel García Márquez. I'm reading in portuguese, not spanish. :B
I'm currently reading a collection of essays (Cambridge companion to the age of Justinian) on the Byzantine emperor Justinian (6th century)...man, what an arsehole that guy was...persecuted the last pagan philosophers, ruined Italy with his stupid 20-year war against the Ostrogoths (totally futile since only a little later the Longobards invaded who were much more "barbarian" than the Ostrogoths) and was totally suffused with self-righteous conviction that he had a divine mandate for his rule. Horrible person.
Post edited December 17, 2016 by morolf
I'm stuck at almost the middle of The Martian.

I took a break from it and read The Story of Your Life from the Ted Chiang short story collection. I haven't seen its movie counterpart, Arrival, though. Still have all the other short stories in the book to read.
Some titles from Daniel Ogden; can't and wont say anything more...

But oh boy, i swear, some certain american universities and higher educational corpuses, really do research from time to time, on some VERY strange things that your average civilian could never even begin to imagine... Good thing not all of their vast libraries' innards can be viewed/accessed from the public indiscriminately.
Post edited December 17, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
The Man in the High Castle before I get to watching the Netflix series... then I'll probably do the proper thing with Altered Carbon.
It's been a bad year for reading, but just started Rebel Genius by Michael Dante DiMartino. I love art plus he's one half of the Avatar The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra creative team (I loved those shows).

I'm not disappointed, I'm enjoying it so far though I almost never read middle grade anymore.
Im 100 pages into the last wish. So far, it's been a good read. I got sword of destiny and blood of elves for Christmas, too. But now I am beginning to get confused of where I'm at in Witcher 3 and in the books.
Decatonkeil: The Man in the High Castle before I get to watching the Netflix series... then I'll probably do the proper thing with Altered Carbon.
That one is Amazon's series.
Tallima: Im 100 pages into the last wish. So far, it's been a good read. I got sword of destiny and blood of elves for Christmas, too. But now I am beginning to get confused of where I'm at in Witcher 3 and in the books.
I just started sword of destiny myself. So far it seems every bit as good as The Last Wish, which I enjoyed immensely.
The Crossing, by Cormack McCarthy

Not certain where I'll head after that. A friend yesterday chewed me out for not yet reading Ready Player One, so maybe I'll start on that book.
Jinxtah: I just started sword of destiny myself. So far it seems every bit as good as The Last Wish, which I enjoyed immensely.
Do you read in English or you have your own translation available also in Denmark? Nice to hear that you like it. It's one of the most interesting fantasy cycles created by Polish author. It's quite sad that there is so much more interesting readings which are known only in particular countries due to language barriers. :/ The whole world of books which won't be available for me, since I can read only in Polish and English!...
Jinxtah: I just started sword of destiny myself. So far it seems every bit as good as The Last Wish, which I enjoyed immensely.
ciemnogrodzianin: Do you read in English or you have your own translation available also in Denmark? Nice to hear that you like it. It's one of the most interesting fantasy cycles created by Polish author. It's quite sad that there is so much more interesting readings which are known only in particular countries due to language barriers. :/ The whole world of books which won't be available for me, since I can read only in Polish and English!...
Truth be told, I didn't read the book as such. I listened to the expert narration of Peter Kenny from audible. He is sincerely one of the best narrators I've ever listened to. He manages to give the book/s a soul, and the brings the characters to life. Here's the link to it: http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/The-Last-Wish-Audiobook/B00HWBTIFI/

*Forgot to answer this part: "It's one of the most interesting fantasy cycles created by Polish author." I'd dare say it's one of the most interesting fantasy worlds created by any author from anywhere in the world. It's incredibly rich with lore, detailed and wonderfully described monsters (and scary as all hell), and also a very interesting political landscape.
Post edited December 29, 2016 by Jinxtah