It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
jalister: It seems Steam is aware that GOG tried to copy Steam, and now Steam has gone to blue.
samwisegamgees: Steam looks so much better now! On top of that they are now selling in my local currency (Thai Baht) which makes things way cheaper. Wasteland 2 is $21 compared to $40 on GOG, happy days :)
dude you are lucky wish we had local currency too, looking at dollar prices from here hurts :(
jalister: It seems Steam is aware that GOG tried to copy Steam, and now Steam has gone to blue.
samwisegamgees: Steam looks so much better now! On top of that they are now selling in my local currency (Thai Baht) which makes things way cheaper. Wasteland 2 is $21 compared to $40 on GOG, happy days :)
Nice find. There was a time when I would pay the higher price at GOG to support them over anyone else. With GOG's recent changes to be like everyone else, now I look for the cheapest price that provides a DRM free copy, and a Linux version if one exists.
low rated
Wow the new Steam is looking pretty cool ! .... Much better than gog's steaming pile of doo doo ;)

Although to be fair , Steam probably have enough money to pay someone who knows what they are doing.

Awww look the poor little butthurt gogites down voted me .... oooooh how will I cope ... lmao
Post edited September 23, 2014 by summitus
Well divine retribution I guess.. though at a first glance, the front page is a bit too much to stomach, but they did a more sensible redesign than GOG.

I hope for GOG still the best, but this grey lifeless "industrial" mobile-orientiered, rectangle metro design will blow up their christmas sale if they don't make it a more lively place here. Perhaps the people responsible come to their senses before its too late.
Post edited September 23, 2014 by coffeecup
coffeecup: Well divine retribution I guess.. though at a first glance, the front page is a bit too much to stomach, but they did a more sensible redesign than GOG.

I hope for GOG still the best, but this grey lifeless "industrial" mobile-orientiered, rectangle metro design will blow up their christmas sale if they don't make it a more lively place here. Perhaps the people responsible come to their senses before its too late.
It might be a case of "we paid for it so we need to use it". Unfortunately it could cause GOG to lose more money than just abandoning the new design. I still buy from here, but I have also spent money elsewhere that I would have previously spent here. I ended up buying Banished elsewhere, since the new design helped me miss the day 6 sale. I ended up buying Titan Quest Gold elsewhere since Nordic left, and it looks like it will be a very long time before it finds its way here. With the older, better GOG I would have been willing to wait a long time for Titan Quest to end up here.
Well, this is it. I officially like Steam's page better than Gog's now. Never thought the day would come.

This is so sad.
coffeecup: I hope for GOG still the best, but this grey lifeless "industrial" mobile-orientiered, rectangle metro design will blow up their christmas sale
All GOG summer and christmas sales in at least last two years were "mobile-oriented rectangle metro design" - if it would blow their sales they would not be adapting regular website to such concept. See screenshots.

As for the greyness of the main page - to me it's more colorful than it used to be before http://everyonehasavoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/d9.png
Attachments:
2012.jpg (103 Kb)
2013.jpeg (271 Kb)
2014.jpg (286 Kb)
coffeecup: I hope for GOG still the best, but this grey lifeless "industrial" mobile-orientiered, rectangle metro design will blow up their christmas sale
d2t: All GOG summer and christmas sales in at least last two years were "mobile-oriented rectangle metro design" - if it would blow their sales they would not be adapting regular website to such concept. See screenshots.

As for the greyness of the main page - to me it's more colorful than it used to be before http://everyonehasavoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/d9.png
2012 and 2014 had something GOG does not now, color. Also, those images show a focus on one thing, the sale. The current site takes everything and mashes them together in that metro design that just blends everything together.

The old site looks a lot better than the new site.
http://www.gog.com/upload/forum/2014/09/241a593ed27e2decce50dee53bdbd013dbb70a7f.jpg
jalister: Nice find. There was a time when I would pay the higher price at GOG to support them over anyone else. With GOG's recent changes to be like everyone else, now I look for the cheapest price that provides a DRM free copy, and a Linux version if one exists.
That is exactly how I feel too. Recently I have been buying from Humble Bundle and Steam if their prices are cheaper and I am using [url=]http://www.darkadia.com/[/url] to create a second virtual shelf so I can see them all in one place and not forget what I have bought.

To me GOG is now like a long term girlfriend that has let herself go. I still love her, I'm just not as attracted to her anymore.
Post edited September 23, 2014 by samwisegamgees
samwisegamgees: To me GOG is now like a long term girlfriend that has let herself go. I still love her, I'm just not as attracted to her anymore.
Interesting way to put it and I see how you'd feel that way, but while GOG's new format sucks - looks awful, I can't find things anywhere near as easily as I could before and it doesn't play well with my browser (Opera, based on the Presto engine) - so far GOG hasn't inflicted a client on me. Unless and until they do, I'll probably stick. No way in hell am I using Steam.
irondog: Interesting way to put it and I see how you'd feel that way, but while GOG's new format sucks - looks awful, I can't find things anywhere near as easily as I could before and it doesn't play well with my browser (Opera, based on the Presto engine) - so far GOG hasn't inflicted a client on me. Unless and until they do, I'll probably stick. No way in hell am I using Steam.
Actually just to point out - gog has officially abandoned the gog downloader after Galaxy announcement so the people who like to use a downloader might need to change to the galaxy client for gog downloader functions after it gets released since nobody knows if the client works on the same system as the exisiting downloader.
As a positive aspect to it all, I no longer have loyalty here so I am no longer going to wait and see if they get games I want if another site has it. I already have a steam wishlist going: The Dig, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, KotOR2, Dishonored, Stanley Parable, Galaxy on Fire 2, Dark Souls, Painkiller: Hell & Damnation. I've been aching to replay The Dig for a long time and just have been holding out for GOG to get it. NO LONGER! I'm excited!
d2t: All GOG summer and christmas sales in at least last two years were "mobile-oriented rectangle metro design" - if it would blow their sales they would not be adapting regular website to such concept. See screenshots.
Yes, but everything looks like flat, pressed and without identity.

GOG got it for a long time right with their accentuated shadows (yes another craze in web design).

I was just looking through the web page and was disgusted again. No heart. No soul.
coffeecup: Yes, but everything looks like flat, pressed and without identity.

I was just looking through the web page and was disgusted again. No heart. No soul.
Indeed! They even made their logo without colors for the sake of "mobile" "friendly" :D What a joke! :-\
high rated
The color Gray is conservative, boring, drap, depressing and suppressive. We are instinctively conditioned to draw within and demonstrate a lack of confidence and energy. It is often used in mental wards to calm and quiet the more energetic patients. All hardly conducive to promote sales for GOG.