It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
theMole4: Are they ditching the GOG Downloader? Where did they say it?
shmerl: The bigger question is, are they ditching the current downloader API / protocol? If not, then lgogdownloader will still work. And if yes, it will be useless and if GOG won't open Galaxy protocol, your only option will be the browser.

See:

* https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/release_the_future_gog_updater_client_as_open_source
* https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/document_the_protocol_and_api_of_the_galaxy_updater_client_to_enable_community_alternatives
Thank you very much for the input. I voted for both propositions, they make a lot of sense. DRM-free is too technical as either a word or a concept; freedom of choice may sound a little overdramatic, but it is what is at stake when software isn't open source or, at the very least, fully documented.
Can anyone point me towards a good site to purchase games from? The one I used to know and love is gone, it was called gog.com and it has been replaced by an imposter that is hateable.
drealmer7: Can anyone point me towards a good site to purchase games from? The one I used to know and love is gone, it was called gog.com and it has been replaced by an imposter that is hateable.
Well you can always go to if you wan't to change the store. 85% of their catalog is drm-free/drm-lite (always check game description page) and you get also older Paradox Enterntainment games there drm-free :) Its not as if there aren't several mixed drm-free game stores out there now. Also they don't allow regional pricing there - they sell everything under [url=http://www.shinyloot.com/about]one world, fair price policy.
Post edited September 22, 2014 by Matruchus
i recommend macgamestore or humble. buying my games over there since the new gog layout. (stuttering on ipad mini worh safari, bad layout, movies on a gaming site, aso.....just like others said uncountless times). shinyloot is nice also.
ShinyLoot seems to be a sensible choice.

Had not much trouble downloading their games from their user account without any hassles.
Thanks for that, i had not heard of them and any store doing DRM free is worth a bookmark.
GOG.com: New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!
Mostly just to see if the original cool gog logo from the OP shows up to remind us of what we are still missing (even as a user end option to change if so desired! (that can't be that hard right!!?))

And yes there it is - look at the green! look at the yellow! look at the symbol of GOG, what a shame, a crying shame.
Post edited September 22, 2014 by ThorChild
ThorChild: Thanks for that, i had not heard of them and any store doing DRM free is worth a bookmark.
GOG.com: New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!
ThorChild: Mostly just to see if the original cool gog logo from the OP shows up to remind us of what we are still missing (even as a user end option to change if so desired! (that can't be that hard right!!?))

And yes there it is - look at the green! look at the yellow! look at the symbol of GOG, what a shame, a crying shame.
Well another good drm-free store is also DotEmu which has a bit smaller games catalog - cca. 300 games - but it does have several classical games that are not on gog - Sega Megadrive games or Sudden Strike series :) The only other thing is that as much as I know DotEmu does regional pricing.

Not to forget also Indiegamestand - there you just need to watch out that it says drm-free at the end of the game description (right side).
Post edited September 22, 2014 by Matruchus
low rated
drealmer7: Can anyone point me towards a good site to purchase games from? The one I used to know and love is gone, it was called gog.com and it has been replaced by an imposter that is hateable.
Any site is now better than this pile of shit , so sad gog was once a shining light amongst all the drivel ... now its worse than a dried out dog turd ... But seriously , any site is know better than gog .

I have purchased nearly 100 games from gog in good faith .... now I feel utterly betrayed and disgusted. Any true lovers of gog that have bought into this fucking appalling new site design should be ashamed of themselves ... and yes its that bad.
Post edited September 22, 2014 by summitus
summitus: Any site is now better than this pile of shit , so sad gog was once a shining light amongst all the drivel ... now its worse than a dried out dog turd ... But seriously , any site is know better than gog .

I have purchased nearly 100 games from gog in good faith .... now I feel utterly betrayed and disgusted. Any true lovers of gog that have bought into this fucking appalling new site design should be ashamed of themselves ... and yes its that bad.
I'm sorry but what the F are you doing still here if it's such a "pile of shit" that used to be "a shining light" and you are "betrayed and disgusted" while "any page is know better than gog"? For your own sake please go away and stop tormenting yourself here...
It seems Steam is aware that GOG tried to copy Steam, and now Steam has gone to blue.
summitus: Any site is now better than this pile of shit , so sad gog was once a shining light amongst all the drivel ... now its worse than a dried out dog turd ... But seriously , any site is know better than gog .

d2t: I'm sorry but what the F are you doing still here if it's such a "pile of shit" that used to be "a shining light" and you are "betrayed and disgusted" while "any page is know better than gog"? For your own sake please go away and stop tormenting yourself here...
I'm afraid its because of sycophants like yourself that we have to put with this shit ;)

Oh and I might add ... I'm just as entitled to hate the new gog site as you are to Jizz all over it ;)
Post edited September 23, 2014 by summitus
The irony really kills me with laugh

GOG
- WE dont want site re-design = Gives new design
- WE dont want dead colors = Gives dead colors
- WE would rather stick with old games and nicer new games = Gives tons of useless new releases just for the sake of it
- WE never asked for drm free movies = Gets drm movies

Steam
- We Want new site re-design = Gives new design
- We Want Better colors = Gives New color
- We Want the ability to play music, software releases on steam = Gives all the features

seems to be a trend , you might think i am making up things about the steam requests , check the steam forums suggestions its all the features requested by the community compared to the features we got that we did not ask for
liquidsnakehpks: Steam
- We Want the ability to play music, software releases on steam = Gives all the features

seems to be a trend , you might think i am making up things about the steam requests , check the steam forums suggestions its all the features requested by the community compared to the features we got that we did not ask for
Not advertising for Steam or anything but they have Curators now after the relaunch of the website with their picks of the games. The top one being Total Biscuit - isn't that an irony :)
liquidsnakehpks: Steam

Matruchus: Not advertising for Steam or anything but they have Curators now after the relaunch of the website with their picks of the games. The top one being Total Biscuit - isn't that an irony :)
haha i have followed Tb now for the curator thing , nice recommendations :D funny how steam found the free way of getting important personalities to promote them instead paying them to do so .
jalister: It seems Steam is aware that GOG tried to copy Steam, and now Steam has gone to blue.
Steam looks so much better now! On top of that they are now selling in my local currency (Thai Baht) which makes things way cheaper. Wasteland 2 is $21 compared to $40 on GOG, happy days :)