It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
Momo1991: Now with "You've got some kind of notice but we're NOT gonna tell you which kind! It's funner that way - just try ALL of the drop down list selections until you find your new message or your new forum reply - see wasn't that fun??
Firefox user? That ones actually a site bug. It works properly on new pages. If your interested I posted a .css fix which ChrisSD then made into a proper style targeting only the legacy pages. (needs Stylish add-on)
marianne: Also, I like this greyer depressing look and I even got me a new avatar so that I'd fit in with this new cheerful and happy look.
Actually, while it fits in better that avatar's still too colorful. Not to mention she's smiling. ;)
Attachments:
Post edited September 01, 2014 by Gydion
Momo1991: Now with "You've got some kind of notice but we're NOT gonna tell you which kind! It's funner that way - just try ALL of the drop down list selections until you find your new message or your new forum reply - see wasn't that fun??
Gydion: Firefox user? That ones actually a site bug. It works properly on new pages. If your interested I posted a .css fix which ChrisSD then made into a proper style targeting only the legacy pages. (needs Stylish add-on)
It's actually a bug in the html code. On new pages the item count is before the label, a bit like so:

<a href="/account">
<span class="top-nav__item-count">1</span>
LIBRARY
</a>

And the it uses CSS to float the count to the right. On legacy pages it puts the item count after the label, which messes with the CSS.
Post edited September 01, 2014 by ChrisSD
noncompliantgame: Its hideous and not at all user friendly, its spirit crushing like one of those all concrete tertiary institutions built thru out the world from the 1950's to the 70's. But Gog made a budget for developing these changes and spent some money to bring it about. They are not going to throw away the money they spent so like those mid century colleges and universities its here to stay for a while.
Matruchus: Well they wen't back from their grand changes a few times after community outrage so if you still wan't to see the old webpage back you can vote for it here: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/bring_back_the_old_gogcom_website_for_desktop_users
Done. But I'm not optimistic about it - it looks like they're going to phase out the wish lists and the GOGMIX. If you notice you can no longer redownload GAMES YOU OWN or link to the game card from GOGMIX. And not only have they removed the prices from wishlists, they have removed the heart indicating a game is on your wishlist. WELCOME TO THE GULAG GOGGERS!!!
GOG.com: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!
How could removing site features be calling it "better"?

Please bring back the complete gift list view... I need and want to view who has redeemed my bought gifts.
Please bring back the old gift url view... where if you typed in an expired code, you could view the game(s) name and the expired date. (now we see only 'expired' on the gift page).

I'm going to have to contact your support yet again, one of my bought gog gifts expired :(.
Seems like you guys did not test a single bit of the new web site, not even the payment process ... the pull down menus to enter the expiration month and year of the credit card are off by one.
Post edited September 02, 2014 by eiii
BJWanlund: Why is everyone crowing about how awful this is? You DO realize you are reinforcing the widely-held belief that nerds don't like change, correct?
theMole4: Oooh, how strange, customers of a site that sells games from as far as back as the 80's don't like change...
I do like changes, maybe not too many at a time :), but I definitely prefer it when changes improve things. ;)
And the next flaw ... all the games I have bought on the last chance promo are gone from my library. Even worse all the games which have been removed from the GOG catalog today are also removed from my library, even those I have bought earlier. What a chaos.
eiii: And the next flaw ... all the games I have bought on the last chance promo are gone from my library. Even worse all the games which have been removed from the GOG catalog today are also removed from my library, even those I have bought earlier. What a chaos.
There's a thread about it:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/my_games_have_been_removed
Another stuff I just noticed - the links from the games library page to the game description page in the store are missing. I really liked those so I could recheck what the each game was about. And please do something about removing the wishlist button from the social network links div since I have those blocked and now can't wishlist anything.
Post edited September 02, 2014 by Matruchus
Matruchus: Another stuff I just noticed - the links from the games library page to the game description page in the store are missing. I really liked those so I could recheck what the each game was about.
I believe that's only for the removed games, which no longer have a game page.
Matruchus: Another stuff I just noticed - the links from the games library page to the game description page in the store are missing. I really liked those so I could recheck what the each game was about.
mrkgnao: I believe that's only for the removed games, which no longer have a game page.
Yeah you are right my bad was probably looking at some of Nordic games.
Sigh... so many broken funtionalities plus the greyer lookout... Why not test the site properly before putting it online GOG? And why not try to get feedback from community earlier too? At least they fixed the search bar now.
tokisto: At least they fixed the search bar now.
On the front page, yes, but if you try to use it in the forums, it still send you to the catalogue.
Like the sleek new look, though I miss the greens associated with GoG. Sorry if this has been brought up numerous times before but does anyone know the status of the updates section of the games library? It was a handy thing that let you know whenever a game had been updated. Seems to have disappeared.
tokisto: At least they fixed the search bar now.
de_Monteynard: On the front page, yes, but if you try to use it in the forums, it still send you to the catalogue.
Oh gosh, thanks for point me this... Guess I talked too early...