It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
theMole4: Sorry for the guys who worked hard on the new look... but I really miss the old site design, and loathe the new one.
You can vote for the old website to come back here: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/bring_back_the_old_gogcom_website_for_desktop_users
OldSkoolRulez: I've noticed a recent change that I find annoying. It doesn't concern the GOG website as such, but I figured I'd mention it here anyway.

In the email that is sent after an order, the subject line no longer includes the order number: it simply says "Order completed!". So the subject line for every order is now exactly the same. I'd like to see the missing information put back in the subject line (i.e. "Your purchase summary for order #_____________ from GOG.com".). I know it's included in the email itself, but having it in the subject line is useful.
It would be really useful to re-add it. I also don't get ANY sort of e-mail when I redeem a gift. Before the changes we always got a mail confirming this. Is this intentional?
theMole4: Sorry for the guys who worked hard on the new look... but I really miss the old site design, and loathe the new one.
Matruchus: You can vote for the old website to come back here: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/bring_back_the_old_gogcom_website_for_desktop_users
Voted! Thank you for the link.
Green_Hilltop: ... why can't it take you to the reply and you have to search for it, in big threads like this one it's sometimes very hard when search doesn't display all the posts where your username has been quoted, so it's sometimes better just to look for keywords included in my post. :D
There's no reason to search for it. All you have to do is click on the 'FORUM REPLIES' part of the list that appears when hovering the mouse over 'ACCOUNT'. However, I do agree that clicking on the number ought to take you directly to the quotation or at least to 'FORUM REPLIES'. I wish they would drop the shopping cart icon and make room for separate game update and forum reply icons.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter banner on the main page links to Super Time Force Ultra.
coffeecup: You can ease the pain with the "Oh My GOG!" Stylish CSS, which brings the old logo back and trims the with of the big fat ass top bar a little.

https://userstyles.org/styles/104779/oh-my-gog

This user style needs some more work though, but it's a first step, but GOG itself should revamp the site itself.

The new Activision promo clearly demonstrates why the new design is a shot in your feet: I really cannot tell there what games I already own and what games are interesting for me. Well, no luck for GOG, no more money from me. ... cause I really don't want to have my library in a second window open, only not to buy duplicates (I find this strategy bordering on scam, though).
I appreciate the effort but can't support this.
Users seeing the site through plugins that make it more bearable is the wrong approach, because shitty webdesign will grow further this way throughout the net (as it does in fact). That's the problem I have with the Greasemonkey script here too, it defeats it's own purpose in the long term.
Post edited August 31, 2014 by Klumpen0815
HypersomniacLive: Are you sure about that? Did you go into your account at all? ;-)
Yes, it looks you're right - I'm wrong. Scaling for navigation bar is broken starting from & right community tab :-)

BTW. A grey notification mark on gray button also doesn't look good. Plus it doesn't point what category (game update, reply, message etc) it concerns.
Post edited August 31, 2014 by tburger
HypersomniacLive: And the fresher, better GOG decided today that I had kept some games long enough in my cart to have bought them by now, since I didn't I obviously wouldn't at all, so it decided to help me out and emptied my cart. - thanks GOG! :/
pacifist.413: Does anybody know why the Wishlist now doesn't show prices? It used to be very convenient to see at a glance what was on offer or what was above or below a certain threshold...
I really hope they put this back. It is a bit of a pain going through the wish list 1 items at a time to check if it is on special. Hopefully it will be back soon :)
Lemon_Curry: There's no reason to search for it. All you have to do is click on the 'FORUM REPLIES' part of the list that appears when hovering the mouse over 'ACCOUNT'. However, I do agree that clicking on the number ought to take you directly to the quotation or at least to 'FORUM REPLIES'. I wish they would drop the shopping cart icon and make room for separate game update and forum reply icons.
There is, because when I click on the topic in 'Forum Replies' I always appear on the last page of the thread, even when the reply had been posted several pages back. That's what I'm talking about, so unless I want to go through 10+ pages it's easier just to search the thread.

EDIT (Since now I see you misunderstood what I wrote in my earlier post):
I wasn't talking about clicking on the number and it taking you directly to the replies, because that's impossible unless it would open new tabs for each topic you had an alert for, I was simply talking about how clicking on a topic in 'forum replies' never takes you to the post where you were quoted but lands you on the last page of the thread.

So there is still the need to search for it.
Post edited August 31, 2014 by Green_Hilltop
PaladinWay: For my view, there's a "Wishlist it" button next to the social media crap buttons under the add to cart section. So it's there, just a little farther away from the cart button.
Wow, thank you. My brain just automatically filters out that "social media" crap, so I didn't see that button here. I thought I had to add items to my cart, then click "Move to Wishlist" from the cart menu. That seems like a really bad spot for it to me; it should be near the "Add to cart" button, like it was before.

Green_Hilltop: I wasn't talking about clicking on the number and it taking you directly to the replies, because that's impossible unless it would open new tabs for each topic you had an alert for, I was simply talking about how clicking on a topic in 'forum replies' never takes you to the post where you were quoted but lands you on the last page of the thread.
There used to be an arrow next to the topic that would take you to the post that replied to you. Is that gone now, too?
Post edited August 31, 2014 by Nesoo
PaladinWay: For my view, there's a "Wishlist it" button next to the social media crap buttons under the add to cart section. So it's there, just a little farther away from the cart button.
Nesoo: Wow, thank you. My brain just automatically filters out that "social media" crap, so I didn't see that button here. I thought I had to add items to my cart, then click "Move to Wishlist" from the cart menu. That seems like a really bad spot for it to me; it should be near the "Add to cart" button, like it was before.

Green_Hilltop: I wasn't talking about clicking on the number and it taking you directly to the replies, because that's impossible unless it would open new tabs for each topic you had an alert for, I was simply talking about how clicking on a topic in 'forum replies' never takes you to the post where you were quoted but lands you on the last page of the thread.
Nesoo: There used to be an arrow next to the topic that would take you to the post that replied to you. Is that gone now, too?
That arrow is still there :)
JudasIscariot: That arrow is still there :)
Yes it is!
Nesoo: Wow, thank you. My brain just automatically filters out that "social media" crap, so I didn't see that button here. I thought I had to add items to my cart, then click "Move to Wishlist" from the cart menu. That seems like a really bad spot for it to me; it should be near the "Add to cart" button, like it was before.

There used to be an arrow next to the topic that would take you to the post that replied to you. Is that gone now, too?
Wait, there is? I've never seen it there! So if I hover over the topic in 'forum replies' it should appear? Awesome, I want to try it now, can someone quote me please? :)
Green_Hilltop: Wait, there is? I've never seen it there! So if I hover over the topic in 'forum replies' it should appear? Awesome, I want to try it now, can someone quote me please? :)
Quoted as per your request :)
My wishlist still lacks the prices. I'm waiting until they return.