It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
jema: For starters lets just agree to disagree on the supposedly new and improved layout and let me ask you this. Why have you redesigned the site to be more "mobile friendly" when you do _not_ sell mobile games?
real.geizterfahr: Because a shitload of people are browsing the internet with mobile devices.
Then provide a website also for mobile devices, but not ONLY for them. I don't care for the mobile crap, when I'm looking for PC games, I use a PC for it and not a tablet. It's a bit silly to thrust a mobile site down the throat of your users, if you do not have a single mobile product for sale.

In addition, along side the mobile redesign there is - as usually - a dumbing down of information for your products. What information? This was reiterated here many times.
Green_Hilltop: Did the forum reply alerts get broken too? Someone quoted me in another thread and I only saw it after checking the thread, I got no alert. When the same person quoted me yesterday I did get the alert for it though (in the same thread).
Pms and forum reply's work only 10% of the time. 90% of time you don't get anything. The notification on account dose show though.

One thing I noticed on my old non widescreeen laptop is that the mobile programming of the website makes the website bigger then the screen without giving any option to scroll left and right. So basically the search bar is gone and part of the gog logo. The whole screen then is filled by the middle of the first page of the website. Please take this website down and hire a company that does webdesign and let them handle this. There is just to many things wrong with this website to have it fixed in next few months.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Matruchus
high rated
And the fresher, better GOG decided today that I had kept some games long enough in my cart to have bought them by now, since I didn't I obviously wouldn't at all, so it decided to help me out and emptied my cart. - thanks GOG! :/
HypersomniacLive: And the fresher, better GOG decided today that I had kept some games long enough in my cart to have bought them by now, since I didn't I obviously wouldn't at all, so it decided to help me out and emptied my cart. - thanks GOG! :/
Does anybody know why the Wishlist now doesn't show prices? It used to be very convenient to see at a glance what was on offer or what was above or below a certain threshold...
Viewing the site with my 7" Samsung Tab2 using Chrome. The site is broken. It scales too big and it is a nightmare to scroll it with this cluttered layout (there are graphics and links everywhere you click). It is like reading a book through a toilet paper roll and the pages are trimmed too tight around the edges. I know my device is not top spec but this is the only site it can not display correctly. It is resource heavy and does not scale well except on a 1920px wide display.
A small glitch and likely concerns negligible number of users - who works in 1024X768 nowadays :-) - but the navigation bar does not not scale properly when on Community tab (see picture).

On other tabs everything looks ok.
Attachments:
x.jpg (90 Kb)
jackalstyx: @PaladinWay -
I found that on the individual game description pages, but I can't find the wishlist feature while browsing a "listing" of games in either the "as grid" or "as list" view. On the previous interface there was a heart icon when viewing you could toggle. Am I just missing something?
My bad, I didn't read your post closely enough. I've never looked for the wishlist from the list screens, but indeed I don't see one on either option now.
Sufyan: ...
I have similar problem on my Nokia Lumia 520. The site is sluggish as hell and it's hard to scroll through anything without opening something. I know it's not the best phone on the market, but it's kind of sad when a website works worse than a freaking 3D game.
Post edited August 31, 2014 by Azgrel
It seems now that this horrible look gog now has is some kind of stupid webdesign trend since several of know websites like amazon and ebay have also become totally blank and depressing today (totally white in their case). Im adding some pictures of those websites for you to see. Im really disappointed by gog since it never was a company that would follow outside trends and was making their own trends now its just another mediocre company.
Attachments:
amazon1.jpeg (189 Kb)
ebay.jpeg (172 Kb)
bookdepo.jpeg (150 Kb)
beamebo.jpeg (232 Kb)
high rated
tburger: A small glitch and likely concerns negligible number of users - who works in 1024X768 nowadays :-) - but the navigation bar does not not scale properly when on Community tab (see picture).

On other tabs everything looks ok.
Are you sure about that? Did you go into your account at all? ;-)

pacifist.413: Does anybody know why the Wishlist now doesn't show prices? It used to be very convenient to see at a glance what was on offer or what was above or below a certain threshold...
It works as an incentive to visit more pages of the fresher, better GOG! ;-P

Jokes and irony aside - with all the bugs and glitches right now, it's quite hard to tell what's a bug/ glitch and what's a design choice, i.e. removed functionality.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
Matruchus: Pms and forum reply's work only 10% of the time. 90% of time you don't get anything. The notification on account dose show though.

One thing I noticed on my old non widescreeen laptop is that the mobile programming of the website makes the website bigger then the screen without giving any option to scroll left and right. So basically the search bar is gone and part of the gog logo. The whole screen then is filled by the middle of the first page of the website. Please take this website down and hire a company that does webdesign and let them handle this. There is just to many things wrong with this website to have it fixed in next few months.
By alerts I mean the notifications on the account tab. :) It didn't show up there and it usually does all the time, like now. I just don't get why can't it take you to the reply and you have to search for it, in big threads like this one it's sometimes very hard when search doesn't display all the posts where your username has been quoted, so it's sometimes better just to look for keywords included in my post. :D

Try submitting a support ticket regarding that issue though, as your issue is technical and not aesthetic, so they should look at it and fix it.
I've already commented on the recent changes on GOG, praising the flexible currency option (I can't stress that enough: I don't think anyone else gives this kind of freedom to their customers, and I think this great thing shouldn't be overlooked, especially by whoever took part in the "fair regional prices" affair a while ago).

I've also said:

theMole4: First things first, I hate when they change a site/OS/program interface layout, so I'm hating the new look of GOG. But that's just my problem [...]
Well, it seems it's not just my problem. And the more I roam the site, the less I like it. The older look felt more functional, readable, rational, and pleasing to the eye (maybe it looked a little... rétro... but didn't "GOG" once stand for "Good Old Games"? Many of GOG customers are actively after a rétro feeling -- in their games, and in the site that sells them).

Sorry for the guys who worked hard on the new look... but I really miss the old site design, and loathe the new one.
Matruchus: It seems now that this horrible look gog now has is some kind of stupid webdesign trend since several of know websites like amazon and ebay have also become totally blank and depressing today (totally white in their case). Im adding some pictures of those websites for you to see. Im really disappointed by gog since it never was a company that would follow outside trends and was making their own trends now its just another mediocre company.
To be honest Amazon, BookDepository and Ebay have always had those white backgrounds for years, and they actually look good. The problem with GOG is that it's using this grey everywhere and it even made the logo grey and white while all of those three sites use plenty of color which is missing here. So this site definitely isn't copying 'their' style as far as I can see.
Green_Hilltop: By alerts I mean the notifications on the account tab. :) It didn't show up there and it usually does all the time, like now. I just don't get why can't it take you to the reply and you have to search for it, in big threads like this one it's sometimes very hard when search doesn't display all the posts where your username has been quoted, so it's sometimes better just to look for keywords included in my post. :D

Try submitting a support ticket regarding that issue though, as your issue is technical and not aesthetic, so they should look at it and fix it.
I did submited a support ticket a day or two ago as some other hundred people did but there is as till now no fix. Its still a 50:50 chance that the notifications will work. I already got used to first check messages and then forum replys since I know that the system is terribly broken.
Green_Hilltop: To be honest Amazon, BookDepository and Ebay have always had those white backgrounds for years, and they actually look good. The problem with GOG is that it's using this grey everywhere and it even made the logo grey and white while all of those three sites use plenty of color which is missing here. So this site definitely isn't copying 'their' style as far as I can see.
Its not the backgrounds only, now its every bar and menu all white, and all the edges are gone and no boxes. The menus were before coloured and slide menus were coloured so yeah its a trend indeed. Talking about amazon and ebay.

Adding a picture of old canadian amazon website for reference - that's how it looked a day a go by colour (the design was already as on the new webpage on german one - its a trend for sure.
Attachments:
amazon1.jpeg (189 Kb)
I've noticed a recent change that I find annoying. It doesn't concern the GOG website as such, but I figured I'd mention it here anyway.

In the email that is sent after an order, the subject line no longer includes the order number: it simply says "Order completed!". So the subject line for every order is now exactly the same. I'd like to see the missing information put back in the subject line (i.e. "Your purchase summary for order #_____________ from GOG.com".). I know it's included in the email itself, but having it in the subject line is useful.