It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which games are keeping you company this weekend?

It's a bit unfair to other games that right now <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span> is dominating all the online and watercooler discussions, isn't it? But there's so much stuff to talk about in there! While we're on the subject, though, what's your favorite space-themed game ever? Is it No Man's Sky? A roguelike? Perhaps a 4X strategy. Or a simulator. Whatever it is, let's talk about it!

How does your gaming weekend look, by the way? Go on, share your Weekend Playlist with us. It can include single-player games, multiplayer games, console exclusives, anything - we are not judging. In fact, we are sharing too!

Looking for some additional inspiration? The GOG.com releases of the week might help:

- You can design and ride your own <span class="bold">Bounty Train</span> through the unforgiving Old West.
- You can expand your Ashes of the Singularity tactics in the new maps included in the <span class="bold">Oblivion DLC</span>.
- You can go back to your RTS roots and let the four alien races duke it out in <span class="bold">War Wind</span> and <span class="bold">War Wind II</span>.
- You can show the Olympian gods who's boss by stomping on their arrogant heads with your angry <span class="bold">Okhlos</span>.
- You can venture into the heavy-metal lands of legend and shred some demons in the re-launched <span class="bold">Slain: Back From Hell</span>.

So, GOGasaurs, what are you playing this weekend?
Grim Dawn & Worms Revolution & Worms Armageddon.

Got to get my Worms fit & ready for Worms W.M.D. on the 23rd ;)

Also Amnesia: The Dark Descent (completed it again, still best horror game ever!!)
Post edited August 21, 2016 by fishbaits
My weekend games are likely to be some combo of Skyrim, Starbound, Shadows of Mordor, and... Clicker Heroes. Oh, and Dota 2. There's always room for Dota 2.

I can't really pick a favorite space based game, but the very first one that came to mind for me was the Escape Velocity series, especially Nova. I love playing as the Vell-os in that one. All of their ships are inertialess psychic projections, so they play very differently from most of the other ships in the game.
Weekendplaylist: Mostly Empyrion (which is 50% off at the moment :)), maybe a bit RimWorld & The Spatials: Galactology.

Then I tried the new Minecraft-Version yesterday. Stupid Game has set the spawn point in middle of a large Deep Ocean Biome, but I found land a few thousands blocks later xD.
I got Savage Lands in a Humble Bundle and that was a great surprise! I'm not really into online gaming but this one really grabbed my attention. It is set in a very harsh cold land where survival really means survival and is carefully designed rather than procedural generated. There are books hidden throughout the landscape that slowly reveal the history of the land and the story you will need to uncover to beat the game. All this and a huge dragon watching your every move, which at some point you are going to have to defeat if you want to leave the island with your life.

Nice surprises like this are one of the best things about gaming :)
This weekend I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin and The Book of Unwritten Tales.
I'm sitting down with the PC version of Dragon's Dogma. So far, I'm impressed* except that it doesn't read my XBONE controller correctly. That's a bummer. But the keyboard is working fairly well for the game, so it's not too disappointing. With my new IT-ish role in my job, though, it's nice to get away from the keyboard sometimes!

*edit: I have played the XBox 360 version already, I should note. It's been a while, but the PC version looks a lot better to me. But it could just be my memory. I may have to pop back in the disk and see. But I gave my 360 to my kids and I can't ever get the time to play it anymore (b/c someone's always on it), so that's why I went with the PC version.
Post edited August 20, 2016 by Tallima
Fav Space themed game eh: Star Citizen!

what am i playing this weekend: See above!

what should you be playing this weekend: Star Citizen!

why: Free Fly for Gamescom!
itchy01ca01: Now THIS will piss those with delusions of NMS being anything but a total disaster fest.
I tried NMS out, got bored of it and got a refund. Screw them, and screw their dev. At least I know which dev NOT to buy from :)

Ill be playing Empyrion:Galactic Survival (The NMS that SHOULD have been). IF you're tired of the games media and other sites lying to you about how awesome NMS is, check this game out. It IS far more awesome than NMS. It HAS the crafting, it HAS the proper solar systems, it HAS intelligent aliens that LOOK proper, it HAS the stuff that NMS wishes it does.

So if you're bored as hell, try that game out and give THOSE devs the money they justly deserve, not these NMS asshats.
Sounds really good, but no info on DRM on their website apart from steam based alpha.
I'm also not a fan of the build your ship i can see that being a time detraction like it was in star ruler (took too much time tinkering around, not enough time actually playing the game).
The graphics are also only average.
Playing NMS and Just Cause3... Enjoying both of them... :-)
Dragon Commander (Imperial Edition).
Post edited August 20, 2016 by Carradice
This weekend there can be no Man's Sky. Besides, I can't run it anyway so i'll stick to some wholesome Frontier Elite 2.
But in-between shooting Vipers with missiles I'll be chilling in my Mustang on interstate '76, And shooting those guys with missiles!!!

If I have any time left I'll go visit Caesar III and teach him the secret of Missiles!
Mandatory

...but it doesn't exactly qualify, soooo I guess Mass Effect 2?
I would go for the entire trilogy but the third part left a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth, even though it had its moments. Runner-up: the original Starcraft + Brood War. I've spent countless LAN hours in that thing.

I just completed The Darkness II yesterday night (ok but nothing special) and now I'm in full Deus Ex: Mankind Divided anticipation mode. Might try to keep myself cyberpunked with some Shadowrun Returns until then.
Post edited August 20, 2016 by maladr0Id
maladr0Id: Mandatory

...but it doesn't exactly qualify, soooo I guess Mass Effect 2?
I would go for the entire trilogy but the third part left a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth, even though it had its moments. Runner-up: the original Starcraft + Brood War. I've spent countless LAN hours in that thing.

I just completed The Darkness II yesterday night (ok but nothing special) and now I'm in full Deus Ex: Mankind Divided anticipation mode. Might try to keep myself cyberpunked with some Shadowrun Returns until then.
Did you enjoy your sausage?
Favourite space game, easy : Birth of the Federation (with a probably nod to elite)

What I shall be playing this weekend is mostly Uncharted waters online with a bit of something as yet undecided to get my sc-fi fix.
One rather obscure space-themed game that I have encountered is Centauri Alliance. Basically, it's Bard's Tale in space; you form a party of characters (there are 6 races and 13 skills, and each race has different skills available to train) and travel to various planets and dungeons.

Unfortunately, that game never got a IBM PC release (it was only released on the Apple 2 and Commodore 64), was released late in the life of the systems it was released on, has a clunky and slow interface, and has a few bugs (including a major one involving the use of psionic items in combat, which can result in character loss or be exploited to break the game).