It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: ...
SmollestLight: It was a mistake as Lord Mandalore has uploaded a new video that was retweeted instead :)
Darn.

tfishell: Wow, imagine more Ubisoft games showing up, if that wasn't a random mistake. Granted some could say that could be a distraction from Hitman, especially if the game shows up next week, but imo one can multitask: continue to push back against Hitman but also support this release if it's DRM-free.
karnak1: I'd say that GOG could almost be forgiven for their "Hitman" blunder if they also managed to release Might&Magic X 100% DRM-free. But I don't really see that happening.
imo they'll be forgiven when they either get most of the game / core gameplay DRM-free (if it's true only like 10% of the game is really DRM-free) or remove it.

we can't let them forget though; granted the bluetexts here are getting the worst of it, but they can pass the fury along to people who actually run things.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by tfishell
Ziggurat's Retro First Friday games for October will be the Legends of Murder Collection and Zombie Dinos From Planet Zeltoid
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKw-K6admhzQkaSuJ46VV0A/videos

GOG has started following the Mistress of the Dark on Twitter, maybe we'll get the Elvira games by Halloween?
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/following
SCPM: Ziggurat's Retro First Friday games for October will be the Legends of Murder Collection and Zombie Dinos From Planet Zeltoid
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKw-K6admhzQkaSuJ46VV0A/videos

GOG has started following the Mistress of the Dark on Twitter, maybe we'll get the Elvira games by Halloween?
And they recently have posted about castlevania there so maybe bringing more castlevania games here next month hopefully
Post edited September 27, 2021 by BanditKeith2
Interesting, gog is following Rockstar Games... but i don't think that a GTA or Max Payne will come here...
BanditKeith2: And they recently have posted about castlevania their so maybe bringing more castlevania games here next month hopefully
I'd certainly appreciate more Konami games around here. As for Castlevania, the Lords of Shadow games are a possibility and maybe the Castlevania collection that's available on Steam.
BanditKeith2: And they recently have posted about castlevania their so maybe bringing more castlevania games here next month hopefully
Nergal01: I'd certainly appreciate more Konami games around here. As for Castlevania, the Lords of Shadow games are a possibility and maybe the Castlevania collection that's available on Steam.
Agreed also there was a new collection released but I doubt that'll come here for awhile even with how its a collection of old games as we'd kinda need the first collection they put out of em first to make sense unless somehow they cut a deal for both coming at the same time.. But ya iether way I would love the older games and newer ones ..

But ya iether way I am hoping next month we get a good chunk of Halloween befitting games show up seeing as its like the only holiday anymore games are made for or fit into

Also on vague signs on games coming to here .. While its nothing but speculation .. Given the Konami games on G.O.G got modern controller support recently(I think it was a month or so ago ) I believe thats a good sign Konami might see G.O.G as worth atleast putting varies older games here .. I mean really most big name publishers rarely do keep up game updates here .. yet Konami did for a patching in controller support .. not that I am complaining mind you but something thats both a big yet minor thing to patch into a set of games here is rather interesting even more so given the games ages and makes me think Konami might actually truly be interested in adding more games here .. Which in my view if thats the case October is indeed the best time for such a release given most games they are known for fit that time of year and add to thatG.O.G posting a Castlevania message even when its talking about celebrating the ip makes me wonder
SCPM: GOG has started following the Mistress of the Dark on Twitter, maybe we'll get the Elvira games by Halloween?
I'd love to see those two games here, instabuy.
SCPM: GOG has started following the Mistress of the Dark on Twitter, maybe we'll get the Elvira games by Halloween?
"Elvira" games would be great !
But isn't they in some legal mumbo-jumbo pit ?
Edward_Carnby: "Elvira" games would be great !
The person with the rights to Elvira games code (the development) wrote to the person with the rights to Elvira franchise (the brand) about 2 years ago and nothing happens since then. So I guess it's not about legal *mumbo-jumbo* but human greed.

Here is a link:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/elvira_1_2
Edward_Carnby: "Elvira" games would be great !
Not really, Adventuresoft is already here. GOG just need to sign whoever owns IP to Elvira character. Just like they did with Star Trek (they signed Activision and CBS).

Games based on 3rd party IPs usually are not in legal pit, it's just that IP holders are not interested in releasing those games (in most cases money are too small for them. In case of Dune - IP owners don't like old Dune games).

When we talk about Neverhood or NOLF - they are in legal hell because noone is sure who owns the rights.
SLP2000: ...NOLF - they are in legal hell because noone is sure who owns the rights.
Fox / 20th Century / Disney for producing and publishing the game (those guys sent their lawyers to NightDive for license application for NOLF), Monolith / Warner Brothers for developing the game. Activision Blizzard didn't get the rights from buyout of Fox Interactive gaming division. But there is a catch, too much hassle and too little planned profits, moving lawyers butt to find the agreement in dusty archive would cost much more than this. It's my opinion of course, perhaps the situation is ever worse. Last year Stephen Kick promised to get the game one way or another, yet some of us still waiting for his other game in production stage for far too long.
Cadaver747: Fox / 20th Century / Disney for producing and publishing the game (those guys sent their lawyers to NightDive for license application for NOLF), Monolith / Warner Brothers for developing the game. Activision Blizzard didn't get the rights from buyout of Fox Interactive gaming division. But there is a catch, too much hassle and too little planned profits, moving lawyers butt to find the agreement in dusty archive would cost much more than this. It's my opinion of course, perhaps the situation is ever worse. Last year Stephen Kick promised to get the game one way or another, yet some of us still waiting for his other game in production stage for far too long.
Maybe THQ Nordic will buy the rights from all parties ;)
Maybe just reading too much into it but the way the developers behind The End of the Sun talk about the game's future availability on other stores like GoG makes it sound as if it's a done deal.
They do have the "Polish developer bonus" going for them though.
I asked in the Discord server of Mist of Noyah if it could get a DRM free release, but I tried not specifying any stores when I asked, even though I gave some examples of possible stores (Itchio, GOG and Game Jolt). One of the devs answered "maybe after the 1.0 update is released".
God of War (2018) will be released on PC on 14th January, 2022. The official page has, currently, only confirmed the game for Steam and Epic Store, but if Horizon: Zero Dawn was any indication, GOG may end up getting it some months later.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/10/20/god-of-war-2018-is-coming-to-pc/