It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alright, all dressed in white now. Am I in time for the funeral?
SCPM: [...]
Thiev: Now I remember why we stopped doing Enigmatic Hints. There is little point in keeping that tradition nowadays.
It's just a fun little side-gimmick, and besides, Mafia 1 was guessed before SCPM popped in. As long as it doesn't take too much time out of the workday to come up with these, why not keep doing it?

It also acts as a "yes, you will be getting a classic release this week!"

I'm curious, if a GOG staff member happens to see this: did the music licensing pose any problems?
Themken: Alright, all dressed in white now. Am I in time for the funeral?
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Hastur-: Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Ever heard of a place some called Cottman IV? The Hasturs live there.

http://darkover.wikia.com/wiki/Hastur
Post edited October 17, 2017 by Themken
Thiev: I think I'm the last Blue that had this topic pinned
Don't underestimate Judas ;-)

Anyways, TET's idea worked perfectly IMHO. It's sad no one wants to carry forward this little gimmick.
SCPM: Alright, alright I won't do it anymore. :(
Keep doing it, just not in this thread ;). Now step back into the shadows - we're here waiting for you and we have milk and cookies.
Thiev: Now I remember why we stopped doing Enigmatic Hints. There is little point in keeping that tradition nowadays.
I beg to differ. A good enigmatic hint tops any kind of leek... though leeks are also appreciated of course, especially around barbecues.
adaliabooks: Are you releasing Crusader Kings 2 and all its DLC? ;)
Touché! :D

tfishell: It's just a fun little side-gimmick, and besides, Mafia 1 was guessed before SCPM popped in. As long as it doesn't take too much time out of the workday to come up with these, why not keep doing it?

It also acts as a "yes, you will be getting a classic release this week!"
I fully agree. Besides, this one could hardly be called enigmatic and all SCPM did was confirm seppelfred's guess (which he has since promised not to do again).
Looking at the name of the picture that Judas posted, I would say that we will not only get Mafia 1, but the whole series (Mafia 1 - 3).
Btw 9000, I wish Chessmaster 9000 would come back.
Thiev: Probably no one is gonna post any guesses until the actual release, so what's the point? I think I'm the last Blue that had this topic pinned and it's time to let it go.
"No one" reporting in! :-P

Soooooo... "over 9000 offers you can't refuse", eh? Well, 40k is more than 9k so Warhammer 40k Dawn of War series confirmed!!11oneone
And that dude on the pic is probably a recruit for the Imperial Guard, right?
Sanjuro: And that dude on the pic is probably a recruit for the Imperial Guard, right?
The dude from the pic is Dean McCoppin, from The Iron Giant movie. I still don't see what he's got to do with the Mafia games, or the mafia in general. The only tangential connection I can think of is through Dean Martin and his alleged connections with the mob... :\
Sanjuro: And that dude on the pic is probably a recruit for the Imperial Guard, right?
I think it's just a le meme image, since Judas seems to like le memes. ;-)
Hastur-: Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoxR-MwlFIM
muntdefems: The dude from the pic is Dean McCoppin, from The Iron Giant movie. I still don't see what he's got to do with the Mafia games, or the mafia in general. The only tangential connection I can think of is through Dean Martin and his alleged connections with the mob... :\
Well, he reminded me of a certain memetic picture about W40k that I've stumbled upon several years ago.
The image since then has been modified and used as a reaction image. The earliest documented usage of it can be dated back to June 1st 2009 on 4chan’s /tg/ (Traditional Games) board, in a thread discussing techpriest and psyker melee capabilities in Warhammer 40K.
Aha! Memory still serves me well... or at least well enough. Thank you. :-)

As for the game in question being Mafia, well, fine, no problem. But the way I understand it, the thread is about interpreting the (Enigmatic) hint, not necessarily in an obvious/logical way and having fun. Oh, and maybe actually guessing the game in the process.
So why stop guessing and fooling around with possible interpretations even if we already have a 99,(9)% winner? :-)