It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I still have nightmares with that racing scene..
Post edited October 17, 2017 by Stooner
Stooner: I still have nightmares with that racing scene..
Heh talking about mafia 1 right?
Last time i played it,kinda took me 1 hour to beat the racing part. It really isn't that easy,but usually letting go of the gas when turning helps a lot also brakes usage.
Stooner: I still have nightmares with that racing scene..
yeah, mafia was a great narrative experience with an awesome sense of place, but god, the racing bit plus pretty much most of the actually gameplay drove me bonkers. that said, if it comes i will buy.
blotunga: Btw 9000, I wish Chessmaster 9000 would come back.
This
blotunga: Btw 9000, I wish Chessmaster 9000 would come back.
Ubisoft moved that one in the "Don't open till Christmas 2099" box together with XIII :/.But that would be a damn fine rerelease indeed.Cheers
Post edited October 17, 2017 by deja65
fortune_p_dawg: yeah, mafia was a great narrative experience with an awesome sense of place, but god, the racing bit plus pretty much most of the actually gameplay drove me bonkers. that said, if it comes i will buy.
Fonzer: Heh talking about mafia 1 right?
Last time i played it,kinda took me 1 hour to beat the racing part. It really isn't that easy,but usually letting go of the gas when turning helps a lot also brakes usage.
Yeah, that one.
If I'm not wrong, I think there were also some shortcuts along the way. And a patch was released later which decreased the difficulty.
Sanjuro: As for the game in question being Mafia, well, fine, no problem. But the way I understand it, the thread is about interpreting the (Enigmatic) hint, not necessarily in an obvious/logical way and having fun. Oh, and maybe actually guessing the game in the process.
So why stop guessing and fooling around with possible interpretations even if we already have a 99,(9)% winner? :-)
If it's really Mafia, then I feel a little guilty. I didn't want to ruin the fun for you all. Fun is my main motivation in participating here, it's not about the free game. GOG owes me nothing, I wouldn't mind if they give the freebie to someone else. ;)
Stooner: If I'm not wrong, I think there were also some shortcuts along the way.
Yes, there was one great shortcut which helped a lot! A found it out of dispair after about two hours if trying to beat that race. If only i had Internet back then... :(
The Enigmatic Hint stays or one day you'll wake up to find in bed with you a head of the equine persuasion.
Sanjuro: As for the game in question being Mafia, well, fine, no problem. But the way I understand it, the thread is about interpreting the (Enigmatic) hint, not necessarily in an obvious/logical way and having fun. Oh, and maybe actually guessing the game in the process.
So why stop guessing and fooling around with possible interpretations even if we already have a 99,(9)% winner? :-)
seppelfred: If it's really Mafia, then I feel a little guilty. I didn't want to ruin the fun for you all. Fun is my main motivation in participating here, it's not about the free game. GOG owes me nothing, I wouldn't mind if they give the freebie to someone else. ;)
You have absolutely no reason to feel guilty. You made an educated guess, pre-SCPM posting, and that's totally what this thread is about!
seppelfred: If it's really Mafia, then I feel a little guilty. I didn't want to ruin the fun for you all. Fun is my main motivation in participating here, it's not about the free game. GOG owes me nothing, I wouldn't mind if they give the freebie to someone else. ;)
Your fault being... ?
You made a guess, as anyone in this thread could, and that guess may (or may not... hypothetically :-D) be the correct one, so? Even if you looked up the list from SCPM's thread, there was no guarantee that the game in question even was there (we remember that even after being "revealed" some of those games took quite a while to get here). If you did guess the game outright - well, these things happen, congratulations will be in order as soon as it's confirmed.
Unless, of course, you're secretly a GOG employee or work at EA and obtained that info on Mafia through your personal connections in which case shame on you. :-P
(Juuuuust in case, the last paragraph was a joke.)
Sanjuro: Even if you looked up the list from SCPM's thread....
No, I didn't. I went straight to the community wishlist, that's all.
seppelfred: No, I didn't. I went straight to the community wishlist, that's all.
So why feel guilty then? You're good, have fun. :-)
high rated
SCPM: [...]
Thiev: Now I remember why we stopped doing Enigmatic Hints. There is little point in keeping that tradition nowadays.
Okay, people can yell at me for taking what might have been a joking post too seriously, but something immediately came to mind when I read this.

If GOG is still wondering why things have soured between the community-at-large (or at least, took a turn for the worse) over the past few years, this is one of the signs as to why.

The point, IMHO, of the Enigmatic Hints was never to correctly guess what games were coming, nor was it to try to undermine GOG's policy of secrecy. It was an opportunity for the company and the community to communicate with each other in a fun, amusing, and engaging way. Each side could engage with the other, without the community feeling as if we were shouting fruitlessly at a wall. We actually felt we were talking to people in the company in a way that actually felt like what we said was being listened to and acknowledged, even if it only mattered in the trivial context of wild speculation about a game release.

If SCPM posting his suggestions (about what he thinks is coming out) is enough to make you want to take your ball and go home then I'm afraid you simply don't understand what made the Enigmatic Hints thread a fun and lively place for discussion about GOG. And perhaps, it also means that you simply don't understand the point of even having a GOG community in the first place.
rampancy:
Very good points too.