It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Don't know - I have the same flag and I was wondering if the French installer always was available?
There's a french installer for Lure of the Temptress for quite some time now.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by DyNaer
MarkoH01: Don't know - I have the same flag and I was wondering if the French installer always was available?
I can confirm that nothing changed in LotT. I asked MaGog to check earlier today.
@DyNaer and mrkgnao: Thanks for clarifying this.

Something completely different and absolutely OT but maybe someone can help me. I am unable to type @ in this forum because to do this I have to press ALT GR and Q on my German keyboard and everytime I do this, the editor tries to start a quote. Any way to fix this or is this a problem I have to live with a German keyboard? (If somebody is asking how I could type the @ sign at all - copy and pasted it from my notepad editor).
From MaGog's logs for 15 April:

NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade: Warband, file_size: 624 MB ***TO*** 620 MB

NOTE! CHANGED Hearts of Iron II: Complete, file_size: undef ***TO*** ??? MB

NOTE! CHANGED Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY Edition, file_size: undef ***TO*** ??? MB

NOTE! CHANGED Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition, file_size: undef ***TO*** ??? MB

[I believe these games have no "Size" field because the first one is unbundled and the other two have different names on the shelf. Thank you, Barry_Woodward (and others), for updating your shelf on the wiki so quickly, allowing MaGog (and me) to learn from it.]

NOTE! CHANGED Faces of War, title_ru: undef ***TO*** В тылу врага 2

NOTE! CHANGED Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY Edition, title_ru: undef ***TO*** В тылу врага 2: Штурм. Полное издание

NOTE! CHANGED Men of War: Red Tide, title_ru: undef ***TO*** Черные бушлаты

NOTE! CHANGED Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition, title_ru: undef ***TO*** Диверсанты: Вьетнам. Специальное издание
BKGaming: Anyone else getting an error when trying to update Warband to 1.167?
Geralt_of_Rivia: Yes, there seems to be something wrong with the patch. I already wrote to support.
Hey, did GOG support ever get back to you on this, just wondering since nothing new has been added or changed as far as the patch. I'd like to play.
MarkoH01: @DyNaer and mrkgnao: Thanks for clarifying this.

Something completely different and absolutely OT but maybe someone can help me. I am unable to type @ in this forum because to do this I have to press ALT GR and Q on my German keyboard and everytime I do this, the editor tries to start a quote. Any way to fix this or is this a problem I have to live with a German keyboard? (If somebody is asking how I could type the @ sign at all - copy and pasted it from my notepad editor).
Let me guess. You're on Windows?

Medium.com had the same issue. It's caused by an old Win3.1/Win95 design hack where Windows internally represents AltGr as Ctrl+Alt.

Sites like GOG trip over it if they bind to Ctrl+Letter without checking for and ignoring Ctrl+Alt+Letter.
Post edited April 16, 2015 by ssokolow

ssokolow: Let me guess. You're on Windows?

Medium.com had the same issue. It's caused by an old Win3.1/Win95 design hack where Windows internally represents AltGr as Ctrl+Alt.

Sites like GOG trip over it if they bind to Ctrl+Letter without checking for and ignoring Ctrl+Alt+Letter.
Ah, thank you. That explains everything. Well, I guess if I still have to use the @ sign I will have to write "at" or copy paste like I did this time. At least the mystery is solved.

Hey! Ctrl-Q introduces quote delimiters!
I'm 6 years on this site and didn't know that. Is it documented anywhere?
Not that it's that useful, but still. Should probably be added to BE's left-hand quick-post cheatsheet.

mrkgnao: Hey! Ctrl-Q introduces quote delimiters!
Not that it's that useful, but still. Should probably be added to BE's left-hand quick-post cheatsheet.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. ;)

This is either a BE thing, or something that doesn't work in IE (because it isn't working for me).

I suspect the former, but would not be surprised by the latter.
Post edited April 16, 2015 by Pidgeot
Pidgeot: This is either a BE thing, or something that doesn't work in IE (because it isn't working for me).

I suspect the former, but would not be surprised by the latter.
You're right. It's a BE thing. Just checked.

P.S. You use IE? Impressive. Less than 1% of MaGog's users use IE. No judgement. Just saying.
Post edited April 16, 2015 by mrkgnao
The Book of Unbundled Tales, Chapter 76:

Ishar Compilation got back its French and German language support. The Ishar 1 Windows installer now has French and German menu options again. Since the English and French and German installers are actually one and the same file, no files were changed, merely the language menus were restored to their pre-unbundling state.
mrkgnao: P.S. You use IE? Less than 1% of MaGog's users use IE. Just saying.
Firefox has always seemed like too much of a resource hog for me, and Chrome's lack of a real menu bar is an instant turn-off. That really only leaves IE.

Even that has not always been easy; I had to skip IE9 because the forced ClearType gave me headaches. Even the current grayscale antialiasing from IE10+ isn't all that great to me, but at least I can bear to use it.

If not for the security improvements and support for these shiny features that don't actually add anything valuable, but which every web developer *insists* on requiring (with no graceful degradation for non-supporting browsers), I'd still use IE8.

I am well aware I am in a minority opinion here.
Pidgeot: I am well aware I am in a minority opinion here.
That's OK. I respect minority opinions.
I used MS-DOS (with DesqView) until 2005, refusing to move to Windows.
I only moved when I began to develop my first website and had to test other people's browsers.
mrkgnao: P.S. You use IE? Less than 1% of MaGog's users use IE. Just saying.
Pidgeot: Firefox has always seemed like too much of a resource hog for me, and Chrome's lack of a real menu bar is an instant turn-off. That really only leaves IE.

Even that has not always been easy; I had to skip IE9 because the forced ClearType gave me headaches. Even the current grayscale antialiasing from IE10+ isn't all that great to me, but at least I can bear to use it.

If not for the security improvements and support for these shiny features that don't actually add anything valuable, but which every web developer *insists* on requiring (with no graceful degradation for non-supporting browsers), I'd still use IE8.

I am well aware I am in a minority opinion here.
In my case, it's not usually the fancy features (I'm using polyfills for those anyway, so NoScript won't break them but old IE can still have them too) but, rather, the bugs. It's a major pain to support IE when every other browser follows the spec and tons of IE users are still back on a version that does something like interpreting box sizing wrong causing word-wrap to wreak merry havok with floated elements.

(Because proper solutions like, for example, the flexbox layout model are even less backward compatible)

As for Firefox, I'm really looking forward to their e10s/electrolysis project to make it multi-process like Chrome for the following reasons:
1. Thanks to the effort to repurpose as much as possible for use on weak smartphones via Firefox OS, Firefox is actually very lightweight these days and one of the goals of e10s is to use shared memory heavily to retain that lightness.
2. Firefox's bad UI performance is because you have everything in one cooperatively-multitasked mess like Windows 3.1.
3. Firefox is pared down enough that you need extensions (often bloated or buggy) to make it useful... e10s will finally enable a Chrome-style process manager which will make it clear which extension author you should be yelling at to get things fixed.

(e10s is taking forever because they need to write all sorts of compatibility shimming and do community evangelism so the extension ecosystem doesn't break in the process. Basically, the same reason Windows is such a hacky mess internally but has decades worth of backwards compatibility.)
Post edited April 16, 2015 by ssokolow