It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Just calling it like it's written on the actual card :)
tburger: But you are still working on adding the manual, are you?
Yes, yes we are but it takes time for it to travel across the ocean :/
JudasIscariot: Yes, yes we are but it takes time for it to travel across the ocean :/
Cool. Make sure when you scan you do you it in nice high-res
JudasIscariot: Yes, yes we are but it takes time for it to travel across the ocean :/
Crosmando: Cool. Make sure when you scan you do you it in nice high-res
Don't tempt me to try to make the world's first (AFAIK) 1 GB+ video game manual :P
Post edited January 22, 2014 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Don't tempt me to try to make the world's first (AFAIK) 1 GB+ manual :P
We tempt you.

Any news on atlantis yet? :)
JudasIscariot: Don't tempt me to try to make the world's first (AFAIK) 1 GB+ manual :P
You have to add "video game" somewhere there because I do have 1GB+ manuals on my HDD :D It's for some analytical tools used in the cleanroom, it has ~13000 pages, mostly hi-res sketches, plans and blueprints. I'm still amazed that somebody wasted his time on that but you know... physicists are known for doing some strange things. Sometimes.
lugum: We tempt you.

Hehe, well, you wouldn't want one that big. I had that happen with Shadow Man's startegy guide amd it took forever for any reader to open it :)

Re: Atlantis, I passed it on and now it's the waiting game :)
Ghorpm: You have to add "video game" somewhere there because I do have 1GB+ manuals on my HDD :D It's for some analytical tools used in the cleanroom, it has ~13000 pages, mostly hi-res sketches, plans and blueprints. I'm still amazed that somebody wasted his time on that but you know... physicists are known for doing some strange things. Sometimes.
You are absolutely correct :)
Ghorpm: You have to add "video game" somewhere there because I do have 1GB+ manuals on my HDD :D It's for some analytical tools used in the cleanroom, it has ~13000 pages, mostly hi-res sketches, plans and blueprints. I'm still amazed that somebody wasted his time on that but you know... physicists are known for doing some strange things. Sometimes.
You mean physicists don't ALWAYS do strange things? :D
JudasIscariot: You mean physicists don't ALWAYS do strange things? :D
Ahh, but you see! That depends who's to make such a statement. I'm a physicist too so for me we do strange things only from time to time. For a non-physicist "always" seems to be a valid approximation. And thus we begin to discuss the theory of relativity. If I put a finger into your eye I'll have a finger in an eye and you will have a finger in an eye but clearly it's not the same. And that's relativity!
DukeNukemForever: Did anyone mentioned that some of the longer abandoned games now also come with a v2 installer? In my case that are Chessmaster 9000, Republic and Obscure. Big thanks to the gog support that you still support them ;-)
Gabelvampir: Since the end of November all games should have a v2 installer, regardless of the status in the store.
Unfortunately GOG did not announce the discontinuation of Chessmaster 9000 in advance, I would have bought it then.
GOG did a great job updating most games in November/December, but these three games were still missing for me in January (as far as I remember that were all abandoned games I owned at this date). I believe last time I checked for them was 2 weeks ago, maybe a little bit longer ago (but definitely in January). Today I was thinking about chess and remembered Chessmaster, that's why I checked for it and tadaa... ;-)
Post edited January 22, 2014 by DukeNukemForever
Gabelvampir: Since the end of November all games should have a v2 installer, regardless of the status in the store.
Well, four games on my shelf are definitely still missing v2 installers:

Dark Fall 2 - Lights Out Original Version
Second Sight
Space Rangers 1
and Space Rangers 2
Gaunathor: Well, four games on my shelf are definitely still missing v2 installers:

Second Sight
Space Rangers 1
and Space Rangers 2
you will have luck if you get any answer :

Asked to Judas -> told me to ask the support -> support : no answer >.>

i suppose, bonus (such as original version) and games which ain't no more in their catalog isn't their highest priorities.
Post edited January 22, 2014 by DyNaer
Gaunathor: Well, four games on my shelf are definitely still missing v2 installers:

Second Sight
Space Rangers 1
and Space Rangers 2
Because they are still being worked on :P

(not sure abour Dark Fall 2, though..)

Had a manual in German sitting at a whopping 452 megs just a few minutes ago. Not sure if it was the scan settings I used or if the German language is just bigger :P

Unfortunately, 452 MB is enough to slow any PDF reader to a crawl :)

Second Sight
Space Rangers 1
and Space Rangers 2
JudasIscariot: Because they are still being worked on :P

Dark Fall 2 has an v2 installer for me, and while I don't have access to my backup-hardrives right now I'm pretty sure it was already updated in November/December.

Edit: Wait! I see now the original version from the bonus section is mentioned. Yes, these game is also still v1 for me, I completely overlooked that.
Post edited January 22, 2014 by DukeNukemForever

Second Sight
Space Rangers 1
and Space Rangers 2
JudasIscariot: Because they are still being worked on :P

JudasIscariot: Had a manual in German sitting at a whopping 452 megs just a few minutes ago. Not sure if it was the scan settings I used or if the German language is just bigger :P

Unfortunately, 452 MB is enough to slow any PDF reader to a crawl :)
Is that an average pc or a top of the notch pc?

German language is always slow to digest :p Awful thing one was forced to learn at school. With all those rows like sein / dein or whatever.
high rated
DoctorGOGgles: The thing that annoys me the most about this is that GOG outright refuses to do something about this. I've contacted support several times about this issue over the last months and first they've said they will fix it. After several months and asking about the fix again support said the game was too old and TellTale was not interested in fixing the game.

I think this is just a lazy excuse on GOGs side, because TellTale is still selling the game DRM-free and without this bug from their own shop. For 10$ less than GOG! TellTale has a working DRM-free version, so GOG should put some more pressure on TellTale to get a working version.

Usually GOG puts so much effort into providing working and complete versions of games. They fix games 10 years older that Sam and Max and add free extras and expansions years after the initial release and I totally love GOG for that, but this also makes me wonder why they are so lazy with this particular game :(

Sorry for derailing the update topic somewhat.
[/End of rant]
Really sorry to dig this up and somewhat derail the thread (again), but I've contacted Telltale Support about the Sybil glitch; here's their reply:
I apologize for the inconvenience. Sybil should still be in her office, just invisible. She should be by the closet door. If you mouse over the closet door area, there should be a small area where Sybil's name pops up. Click when Sybil’s name appears, and the scene should then play out normally. You may want to watch a video walk-through if you are having issues finding her location in the room.

At this time, we have not announced a plan to patch Sam & Max Episode 1 on GOG, but I will pass along your request to the team.
I'm going to go the... tfishell route now, but is it possible that Telltale and GOG are not on best terms anymore? Or could this be attributed to Telltale just being indifferent to their old(er) adventure games?
HypersomniacLive: I'm going to go the... tfishell route now, but is it possible that Telltale and GOG are not on best terms anymore? Or could this be attributed to Telltale just being indifferent to their old(er) adventure games?
Telltale's never been very good at patching games. Ever. A lot of their games have bugs, even the most recent ones.