It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hmm...seems like GOG removed poster from LBA2...:-(
All in all they may say what they want but downloading game right after purchasing it is always a good practice.
tburger: Hmm...seems like GOG removed poster from LBA2...:-(
All in all they may say what they want but downloading game right after purchasing it is always a good practice.
What was the poster? I bought that game as soon as it came to GOG and downloaded everything, and I don't have any poster file.
Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Fallout Tactics now have 2.0 installers.

Edit: Scratch that >_>
Post edited October 30, 2012 by Fuzzyfireball
Fuzzyfireball: Edit: Safe to say ALL Interplay titles now actually. Minus a few like Kingpin.
I would say about 2/3 instead of all, but that's just me >.>
Fuzzyfireball: Edit: Safe to say ALL Interplay titles now actually. Minus a few like Kingpin.
Thiev: I would say about 2/3 instead of all, but that's just me >.>
Yeah, spoke too soon :P I kept running into ones that updated but now I see a number of them are not.
Random issue with the new installer. I always installed my games to C:/Games/GOG.com/ by manually re-entering the field. The new installer installs elsewhere, which is great. However, it no longer allows you to a period in the field, so I can't install games to my old folder. It's a bit annoying, as I need to either manually copy every game I install from now on or copy my old folder and make a hundred new shortcuts.
PenutBrittle: Random issue with the new installer. I always installed my games to C:/Games/GOG.com/ by manually re-entering the field. The new installer installs elsewhere, which is great. However, it no longer allows you to a period in the field, so I can't install games to my old folder. It's a bit annoying, as I need to either manually copy every game I install from now on or copy my old folder and make a hundred new shortcuts.
I noticed that as well. I think the reason is some games, like Dungeon Keeper 2, will not install in folders that have a period in their name.
SCPM: What was the poster? I bought that game as soon as it came to GOG and downloaded everything, and I don't have any poster file.
See attachement.
Attachments:
poster.jpg (77 Kb)
Kingdoms and Screamer report a missing .bin when trying to install. Anyone else?
SCPM: What was the poster? I bought that game as soon as it came to GOG and downloaded everything, and I don't have any poster file.
tburger: See attachement.
Hmm, I have that picture in my LBA 1 extras under "high-res artworks". I just downloaded a new copy and they still have it there.
tburger: See attachement.
SCPM: Hmm, I have that picture in my LBA 1 extras under "high-res artworks". I just downloaded a new copy and they still have it there.
I have it in my LBA2 under lba2_poster.zip
But you're correct - file exists also in the folder you mentioned.
Fuzzyfireball: Kingdoms and Screamer report a missing .bin when trying to install. Anyone else?
Congratulations, you've found the first bug in our new installer :P
(no special characters in install path is a feature)

We will address it tomorrow, for now please leave integrity box unchecked for installers smaller than 700MB.
Fuzzyfireball: Kingdoms and Screamer report a missing .bin when trying to install. Anyone else?
Thiev: Congratulations, you've found the first bug in our new installer :P

We will address it tomorrow, for now please leave integrity box unchecked for installers smaller than 700MB.
Screamer has an update so that it uses the new installer? I've not seen any notification for that, but only got the game recently. When did it happen?

korell: Screamer has an update so that it uses the new installer? I've not seen any notification for that, but only got the game recently. When did it happen?
Most of the Interplay titles got updated to use the 2.0 installer. If the Windows installer says 2.0.0. in your game shelf it probably got updated.
Is this permanent? Because so far, I've never had any problems installing GOG games into a folder using non-English characters (such as č, š, ž) and it would be unfortunate if you suddenly decided to change your existing policy.