It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

finkleroy: Did you try redeeming the code by manually entering it into the redeem page? In the game's forum, a blue pointed out that the direct link probably will not work (it did for me, though).
I've tried it both ways, without success, unfortunately.
JudasIscariot: You get a code in your account for the Redux version. The code is added to the regular version of the game. It's been like this for some time now...
eiii: As this code already is invalid are there more such hidden extras in other games which I may have missed so far?

And why is this extra not just added to my account like all the other extras instead of being hidden and obfuscated as a serial key?
I bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on Oct 29, 2016 and the key for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux worked fine.
(Well, I always download installers and check the serial key, so I redeemed it the same day I bought the base game.)
If your key is invalid, you should contact GOG Support.

Some other GOG games also have this kind of keys:
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Note that Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition do not provide a key for Planescape: Torment.
It just add Planescape: Torment to your Library if you does not have it yet.

Some games also provide extra/bonus key so you can play the multiplayer game with friends:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/bonus_games_included_in_gog_games/post10
MarkoH01: GOG always included serial keys in a seperate menu.
eiii: Of course they do. The point is that in case of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter it is not a serial key, but a code for an extra which is bundled with the game. They also do not give you a code e.g. for the additional CD version of Star Wars Tie Fighter or the additional SVGA version of LSL 6, because it does not make sense to have to redeem a code to download a game extra.
But it is a serial key. Here is what I could find in my account
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux http://www.gog.com/redeem/4XE2C4AB

The 4XE2C4AB is a normal GOG serial key which I could have given away if I wanted. However that is not the case with i.e. the SVGA version of LSL which is a bad example since this basically is a game pack consisting of the games 1-6. You have a point with the Star Wars example though but again - I prefer it this way because you can gift the keys if you don't want them.

eiii: Baldur's Gate is something different because the code is for another product which has been on sale separately. As far as I remember the Redux version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter never has been on sale separately, so nobody already could own it.
I agree to your point but I just mentioned BG to show that you always needed to use this special menu point when you had additional serial keys included to your game. So this is not that hidden.

finkleroy: It would have been nice to have been informed of this when I purchased the game. If they did, they didn't do a very good job of explaining how it works.
Well - they explained when the version was released and they still have the information about this additional version on their gamepage.

https://www.gog.com/forum/vanishing_of_ethan_carter_the/redux_edition_out_now/post33

finkleroy: An odd think I noticed about it is that it was set to expire on the 14th of September, 2025. Go figure.
eiii: Mine is worse. The redeem page tells me it already has been used. And it's only an 8 digit code. Who knows how often it already has been given out in the 5 months since I have purchased the original game. Hopefully GOG's support will sort it out...

After redeeming the code the Redux version will be a separate entry in your game library, right?
I am sure that this is a mistake GOG made and I am quite sure support will help you here. Like said it's still listed on the gamecard therefore still part of the package. So of you have not gifted away the key it must have been a mistake. To answer your second question: yes, it will be added as an additional seperate game in your library.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by MarkoH01
kbnrylaec: Some games also provide extra/bonus key so you can play the multiplayer game with friends:
Thank you for yet another useful link I just had to bookmark :)
kbnrylaec: Some games also provide extra/bonus key so you can play the multiplayer game with friends:
MarkoH01: Thank you for yet another useful link I just had to bookmark :)
This reminded me that last summer I got Wasteland 2 in a piñata, so I went to my library to check whether it came with a Bard's Tale (2004) key, which in turn comes with the original trilogy. And indeed both my Wasteland 2 library entries (regular, and Director's Cut) have a "Serial Key" tab, but they're empty. :P
MarkoH01: Thank you for yet another useful link I just had to bookmark :)
muntdefems: This reminded me that last summer I got Wasteland 2 in a piñata, so I went to my library to check whether it came with a Bard's Tale (2004) key, which in turn comes with the original trilogy. And indeed both my Wasteland 2 library entries (regular, and Director's Cut) have a "Serial Key" tab, but they're empty. :P
I hope you contacted support about it?
MarkoH01: I hope you contacted support about it?
I haven't, since I assumed it was not like a 'regular version' of Wasteland 2 (i.e. it has, or at least it originally had, a different library game ID than the game ID sold in the store).

But now that you mention it, I guess it's worth asking about.
muntdefems: I haven't, since I assumed it was not like a 'regular version' of Wasteland 2 (i.e. it has, or at least it originally had, a different library game ID than the game ID sold in the store).

What extras does your version have?
Grargar: What extras does your version have?
A lot, actually:

Wasteland 2

Game goodies:
· manual (4 MB)
· reference card (1 MB)
· map (90 MB)
· soundtrack (4 choir songs, FLAC) (27 MB)
· soundtrack (4 choir songs, MP3) (10 MB)

Digital Classic Edition Upgrade goodies:
· Wallpapers (1440p) (3) (8 MB)
· Official Soundtrack (MP3) (102 MB)
· Official Soundtrack (FLAC) (590 MB)
· soundtrack (4 choir tracks, FLAC) (27 MB)
· soundtrack (4 choir tracks, MP3)) (10 MB)
· Concept Art Book (4 MB)

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut

Game goodie:
· Director's Cut manual (16 MB)

Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition Upgrade goodies:
(Same as for Wasteland 2)

But it doesn't include a key for The Bard's Tale (2004).
MarkoH01: I hope you contacted support about it?
muntdefems: I haven't, since I assumed it was not like a 'regular version' of Wasteland 2 (i.e. it has, or at least it originally had, a different library game ID than the game ID sold in the store).

Asking is never wrong. I ask so much that people are trying all kinds of things to make me stop ;)
No, seriously. Support is nice and at least they will tell you something in best case they will fix this.

Edit: But since Grargar already supported you there probably isn't much to fix at all :)
Post edited November 15, 2017 by MarkoH01
muntdefems: A lot, actually:

Wasteland 2

Game goodies:
· manual (4 MB)
· reference card (1 MB)
· map (90 MB)
· soundtrack (4 choir songs, FLAC) (27 MB)
· soundtrack (4 choir songs, MP3) (10 MB)

Digital Classic Edition Upgrade goodies:
· Wallpapers (1440p) (3) (8 MB)
· Official Soundtrack (MP3) (102 MB)
· Official Soundtrack (FLAC) (590 MB)
· soundtrack (4 choir tracks, FLAC) (27 MB)
· soundtrack (4 choir tracks, MP3)) (10 MB)
· Concept Art Book (4 MB)

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut

Game goodie:
· Director's Cut manual (16 MB)

Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition Upgrade goodies:
(Same as for Wasteland 2)

But it doesn't include a key for The Bard's Tale (2004).
You have the Classic Edition. It should come with a code for Wasteland 1.
Bard's Tale (2004) is only available with the Deluxe Edition.
Oooh, I see. The Bard's Tale (2004) key comes with the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game, so I should buy the Deluxe Edition Upgrade, which I don't own, in order to qualify for it.

Never mind, then. :P

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Grargar: You have the Classic Edition. It should come with a code for Wasteland 1.
Bard's Tale (2004) is only available with the Deluxe Edition.
As a matter of fact, I didn't get a Wasteland 1 code either. But I don't really care since I already owned it.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by muntdefems
Just got an update flag for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Is this a delayed flag or something new?
MarkoH01: Just got an update flag for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Is this a delayed flag or something new?
I was just about to install that. Good timing.

Oh wait, it's a Galaxy update. Okay, fuck that. :P
Post edited November 15, 2017 by tinyE
high rated
MarkoH01: Just got an update flag for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Is this a delayed flag or something new?
tinyE: I was just about to install that. Good timing.

Oh wait, it's a Galaxy update. Okay, fuck that. :P
Italian and Polish manuals and game guides have been added:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· This War of Mine: Stories [Season Pass] [DLC]
· Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The

A game has been added: This War of Mine: Stories [Season Pass] [DLC]

Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The has changed

>>> Bonuses changed *FROM* manual, manual (German), manual (Russian), 18 wallpapers, game guide, 2 maps, game guide (German), music inspired by The Witcher (MP3), soundtrack (MP3), music inspired by The Witcher (FLAC), soundtrack (FLAC), 7 behind the scenes, 5 creator interviews (Atari), 9 creator interviews (CD Projekt RED), music video, 26 avatars, artbook, The Witcher calendar, The Witcher story *TO* manual, manual (German), manual (Russian), manual (Italian), manual (Polish), 18 wallpapers, game guide, 2 maps, game guide (German), game guide (Italian), game guide (Polish), music inspired by The Witcher (MP3), soundtrack (MP3), music inspired by The Witcher (FLAC), soundtrack (FLAC), 7 behind the scenes, 5 creator interviews (Atari), 9 creator interviews (CD Projekt RED), music video, 26 avatars, artbook, The Witcher calendar, The Witcher story

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: game guide (Italian) --- Name: the_witcher_enhanced_edition_game_guide_it.zip --- Size: 5.2 MB --- Date: Wed 15 Nov 2017 13:28:52 GMT --- Version: [empty]

* File added: game guide (Polish) --- Name: the_witcher_enhanced_edition_game_guide_pl.zip --- Size: 1.5 MB --- Date: Wed 15 Nov 2017 13:28:51 GMT --- Version: [empty]

* File added: manual (Italian) --- Name: the_witcher_enhanced_edition_manual_it.zip --- Size: 1.3 MB --- Date: Wed 15 Nov 2017 13:02:44 GMT --- Version: [empty]

* File added: manual (Polish) --- Name: the_witcher_enahnced_edition_manual_pl.zip --- Size: 1.4 MB --- Date: Wed 15 Nov 2017 13:25:05 GMT --- Version: [empty]

[NO CHANGELOG]

muntdefems: First of all, the following games have had 'In development' added to their Features:

· Airships: Conquer the Skies [In Dev]
· Besiege [In Dev]
· CrossCode [In Dev]
· Exanima [In Dev]
· Factorio [In Dev]
· Ghost of a Tale [In Dev]
· Kenshi [In Dev]
· Last Leviathan, The [In Dev]
· Parkitect [In Dev]
· Production Line [In Dev]
· Project Zomboid [In Dev]
· TerraTech [In Dev]
· TerraTech: Deluxe Edition [Premium] [In Dev]
· TerraTech: R&D Pack [In Dev] [DLC]
· We Happy Few [In Dev]
· Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem [In Dev]
Forget about that. They no longer have 'In development' as a Feature.