It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tannath: Yeah, they are going through them A->Z it seems (except for free games, they seem to have been done first).
This might be true or it might just appear like that because MaGog scans my library in alphabetical order, 120 games every 6 hours (because of the IP block).
Tannath: Yeah, they are going through them A->Z it seems (except for free games, they seem to have been done first).
mrkgnao: This might be true or it might just appear like that because MaGog scans my library in alphabetical order, 120 games every 6 hours (because of the IP block).
You're down to 120 per 6 hours now? Yikes...
mrkgnao: Now, the menu option for doing so in Galaxy is called "Manage Friends", so since you are a friend now, be a dear and bring me a cup of tea. And while you're at it, please ask phaolo to bring me some cake. Do I need to open a ticket to monitor your progress? And don't forget to update your yearly goals in the friend tracking system.
Check your client, there should be a cup waiting now. It's sassafras tea, hope that's okay.

The cake might be a bit longer. phaolo kept muttering something about "covering up the bitter almond taste".
IAmSinistar: Check your client, there should be a cup waiting now. It's sassafras tea, hope that's okay.

The cake might be a bit longer. phaolo kept muttering something about "covering up the bitter almond taste".
Much appreciated. And don't worry, I have some friends reserved just for tasting cakes. That's what friends are for.
high rated
We need more "bitter almond" flavoring on non-lethal consumables.

Kickstarter!

And hopefully everyone who requests a friend add from me here realizes I'm not able to look at those requests, instead of me just being a dick. Or, at least that's what you should believe. :)
Post edited May 06, 2015 by budejovice
budejovice: We need more "bitter almond" flavoring on non-lethal consumables.
I think some marzipan qualifies. :)
mrkgnao: This might be true or it might just appear like that because MaGog scans my library in alphabetical order, 120 games every 6 hours (because of the IP block).
Concerning your scanning for updates for your GOG games: Perhaps it would be an idea to do this in some sort of a distributed fashion?

I'd imagine that you develop some sort of client you distribute to some trustworthy people who do some scanning and upload it to you.

The client would just scan some part of the GOG catalogue and provide the data up to a deadline and if the data is not supplied, the unscanned games get queued to other clients. Perhaps you distribute the scan jobs in an overlapping fashion to be able to do some sanity checks for bogus data.

What do you think about this idea?
coffeecup: Concerning your scanning for updates for your GOG games: Perhaps it would be an idea to do this in some sort of a distributed fashion?

I'd imagine that you develop some sort of client you distribute to some trustworthy people who do some scanning and upload it to you.

The client would just scan some part of the GOG catalogue and provide the data up to a deadline and if the data is not supplied, the unscanned games get queued to other clients. Perhaps you distribute the scan jobs in an overlapping fashion to be able to do some sanity checks for bogus data.

What do you think about this idea?
The limitation is not in accessing the public parts of GOG (catalogue, game pages), it is just in accessing my own library of owned games. I'm not sure I can allow others to access my games.

I believe everybody has the same limit in accessing one's files, it's just that not many people try to access, say, 2000 files in under an hour.
I did not suggest that you allow access other people to your library (this is I think against the TOS), but if you look at gogwiki you can datamine the game lists of other people from there. If these people are willing, they could provide the library data through an upload client.
coffeecup: I did not suggest that you allow access other people to your library (this is I think against the TOS), but if you look at gogwiki you can datamine the game lists of other people from there. If these people are willing, they could provide the library data through an upload client.
That might work. I'll give it a thought. Thanks.
Pity GOG is not as cooperative.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by mrkgnao
JudasIscariot: gog_don_t_starve_1.1.0.2.deb
gog_don_t_starve_1.1.0.2.tar.gz
gog_dont_starve_dlc1_1.1.0.3.deb
gog_dont_starve_dlc1_1.1.0.3.tar.gz

The Linux files for Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants DLC were updated to the latest available version :)
I saw an update today for Don't Starve and I was overcome with hope beyond reason that Don't Starve Together finally made the leap to GOG. I even knew better. A breakfast of hapless optimism is typically followed by a lunch of disappointment.

Always crushing all the joy in my heart, Judy.

on a side not, you see the swanky GOG trading card I made for Galaxy? because, Galaxy is totally getting trading cards.
JudasIscariot: gog_don_t_starve_1.1.0.2.deb
gog_don_t_starve_1.1.0.2.tar.gz
gog_dont_starve_dlc1_1.1.0.3.deb
gog_dont_starve_dlc1_1.1.0.3.tar.gz

The Linux files for Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants DLC were updated to the latest available version :)
evilnancyreagan: I saw an update today for Don't Starve and I was overcome with hope beyond reason that Don't Starve Together finally made the leap to GOG. I even knew better. A breakfast of hapless optimism is typically followed by a lunch of disappointment.

Always crushing all the joy in my heart, Judy.

on a side not, you see the swanky GOG trading card I made for Galaxy? because, Galaxy is totally getting trading cards.
Looks right swanky, I must admit :D
JudasIscariot: Looks right swanky, I must admit :D
You admit to being a Pokémon?
JudasIscariot: Looks right swanky, I must admit :D
Grargar: You admit to being a Pokémon?
If it makes you feel better, sure :P
budejovice: So the number next to my "Account" tab and the sum number of updates on various tabs when I hover over my "Account" tab are different for the first time ever. Friend requests? That I will never see and never be able to get rid of?

DAMN YOU GALAXY! :)

EDIT: I have read backwards, so this is now merely rhetorical. But the conclusion stands!
This is just personal hypothesis, but since their intent is for Galaxy client and services to be optional, I am under the assumption that once they work all of the kinks out of the current software and backend services, website, etc. that people who choose to not use any of it probably will not see such things as friend requests or other Galaxy related stuff. I'm guessing they probably will have an account option of the nature:

[ ] Enable friend list and other social networking features.

and that option if enabled would further enable a few other options:

Who can add me as a friend:
( ) Everyone
( ) Friends of Friends
(*) Your mom

etc. :)