It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: This is just personal hypothesis, but since their intent is for Galaxy client and services to be optional, I am under the assumption that once they work all of the kinks out of the current software and backend services, website, etc. that people who choose to not use any of it probably will not see such things as friend requests or other Galaxy related stuff.
I believe the friend system is planned for the website too, not just Galaxy; it's just deployed simultaneously first in Galaxy. I may be wrong.
Grargar: The digital integrity check doesn't seem to progress for the new installer of Rise of the Triad (2013). This might not be an isolated problem, as another member reported that the digital integrity check also doesn't progress for Pillars of Eternity. I have just sent a ticket to support and will report back when they respond.
The new installer of Rise of the Triad 2013 (2.3.0.19) seems to have fixed the bug where the digital integrity check wasn't progressing.
Also, in you case missed it, the Galaxy launcher that was embedded in the previous version to enable multiplayer, has been removed from this one.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: You admit to being a Pokémon?
JudasIscariot: If it makes you feel better, sure :P
GOG ta catch 'em all?

I'll delete myself now...
mrkgnao: I believe the friend system is planned for the website too, not just Galaxy; it's just deployed simultaneously first in Galaxy. I may be wrong.
I assumed that as well, but there will be some people who don't want to have anything to do with that whether they use Galaxy or not and probably want a way to shut it off I imagine. Seems like it'd be an easy thing to make optional, and GOG appears very flexible about the idea of making everything optional that is reasonable to do so, so I imagine they'll make that feature optional as well. It's likely just in beta chaos at the moment. Plus the looming Witcher 3 release and other stuff... they're likely running around like chickens with their heads cut off around the offices there in Poland. hehe
JudasIscariot: If it makes you feel better, sure :P
IAmSinistar: GOG ta catch 'em all?

I'll delete myself now...
You are SO off my buddy list now :P
Grargar: The digital integrity check doesn't seem to progress for the new installer of Rise of the Triad (2013). This might not be an isolated problem, as another member reported that the digital integrity check also doesn't progress for Pillars of Eternity. I have just sent a ticket to support and will report back when they respond.
Grargar: The new installer of Rise of the Triad 2013 (2.3.0.19) seems to have fixed the bug where the digital integrity check wasn't progressing.
Also, in you case missed it, the Galaxy launcher that was embedded in the previous version to enable multiplayer, has been removed from this one.
Time to download it then. Thank you for the info.
budejovice: So the number next to my "Account" tab and the sum number of updates on various tabs when I hover over my "Account" tab are different for the first time ever. Friend requests? That I will never see and never be able to get rid of?

DAMN YOU GALAXY! :)

EDIT: I have read backwards, so this is now merely rhetorical. But the conclusion stands!
Yeah, I got one too. Whoever it is, I hope (s)he's patient...
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Tannath
JudasIscariot: gog_don_t_starve_1.1.0.2.deb
gog_don_t_starve_1.1.0.2.tar.gz
gog_dont_starve_dlc1_1.1.0.3.deb
gog_dont_starve_dlc1_1.1.0.3.tar.gz

The Linux files for Don't Starve and the Reign of Giants DLC were updated to the latest available version :)
evilnancyreagan: I saw an update today for Don't Starve and I was overcome with hope beyond reason that Don't Starve Together finally made the leap to GOG. I even knew better. A breakfast of hapless optimism is typically followed by a lunch of disappointment.

Always crushing all the joy in my heart, Judy.
Yup. I jumped at the thought of "Don't Starve Together on Galaxy!".
It would be nice if Don't Starve had an LAN or direct-ip feature, sadly they took the shortcut with Steam api.
Micro-BIOS: Yup. I jumped at the thought of "Don't Starve Together on Galaxy!".
we'll find out for certain once it leaves early access

they announced DST like a year ago and I ran over to GOG to grab a couple copies as soon as I heard

they said it'd be out by the end of summer and free to everyone who owns DS, here we are over a year later and I have genuine doubt in my heart I'll even have access to it outside of Steam. UGH.

grumblegrumbleentitlementgrumblegrumble
Tannath: Time to download it then. Thank you for the info.
Yeah, I got one too. Whoever it is, I hope (s)he's patient...
I've come to the conclusion over the last 15 years that:

1) The majority of all people with female avatars are male. The better looking the photo, the more likely this is to be true. (Why this is the case is an entirely different discussion topic probably warranting a thread of its own if not an entire website LOL).

2) The majority of women don't use their own photo for their avatar but are much more likely to use a photo of their cat, dog, baby, or some flowers and butterfly artwork with an inspirational quote printed on top in a calligraphic font.

These are of course generalizations and do not apply to all people all of the time, but it is a rather frequent observation on various forms of social media online, especially gaming related. ;) It certainly seems to be true more often than not anyway.
skeletonbow: I've come to the conclusion over the last 15 years that:

1) The majority of all people with female avatars are male. The better looking the photo, the more likely this is to be true. (Why this is the case is an entirely different discussion topic probably warranting a thread of its own if not an entire website LOL).

2) The majority of women don't use their own photo for their avatar but are much more likely to use a photo of their cat, dog, baby, or some flowers and butterfly artwork with an inspirational quote printed on top in a calligraphic font.

These are of course generalizations and do not apply to all people all of the time, but it is a rather frequent observation on various forms of social media online, especially gaming related. ;) It certainly seems to be true more often than not anyway.

*eyes avatar*

*whistles*

Thank you for the giggle. (Pretty on-point observations, I'd have to say.)
penumbren: .......

*eyes avatar*

*whistles*

Thank you for the giggle. (Pretty on-point observations, I'd have to say.)
:)

Believe it or not, my current avatar is actually a personal head shot photo purposefully pixelated both for that 8-bit retro gamey feel, and semi-privacy. :)
On the boards I'm now able to sent buddy-requests but I seem to lack the additional tab in my "Account"-Section. When I disable Greasemonkey I get a grey number (probably related) but still no new area for stuff like this.
How is it supposed to look?
Klumpen0815: On the boards I'm now able to sent buddy-requests but I seem to lack the additional tab in my "Account"-Section. When I disable Greasemonkey I get a grey number (probably related) but still no new area for stuff like this.
How is it supposed to look?
It is not implemented on the website yet.
What is that number next to the 'account' menu which doesn't seem to reflect forum replies, messages or library updates?