It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: We're working on it :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: I have something different for you to work on. ;-)

Eador - MotbW has several outstanding issues that need to be fixed.

1) When you buy and install the DLC there is no indication in-game that the DLC is recognized. Since the game's start screen still shows the ad for the DLC you can assume that the DLC is not recognized.

2) The version that GOG has for download is already several versions behind. GOG has 1.4.5, the latest version is 1.5.2.

3) When you start the game the in-game updater asks you if you want to update the game. If you do that than you can not install the DLC anymore because you get the incompatible version message from the installer. So you have to uninstall the game and re-install it from scratch. You can update afterwards but issue 1) still applies.

4) When you click on the ad after updating you are forwarded to Steam.

These issues have been known for months! Just check the first page of the Eador forum.

What needs to be done quickly is getting the latest version on GOG and asking the devs how to check if the DLC is active and post that in the forum. Long term there should be an indication (or better yet a toggle to switch DLC content on or off) in-game.

I know such things are usually not done over night but it would be nice to contact the devs ASAP and get at least an ETA for 1.5.2 soon.
As for the version, the game has an autoupdater. If that or anything else fails to work, then send us a Support ticket, please :)

I personally can't check on every single issue in every forum which is why I always advocate writing to Support so that this kind of thing gets collected and brought up all at once :)
Post edited April 09, 2015 by JudasIscariot
Geralt_of_Rivia: I have something different for you to work on. ;-)

Eador - MotbW has several outstanding issues that need to be fixed.

1) When you buy and install the DLC there is no indication in-game that the DLC is recognized. Since the game's start screen still shows the ad for the DLC you can assume that the DLC is not recognized.

2) The version that GOG has for download is already several versions behind. GOG has 1.4.5, the latest version is 1.5.2.

3) When you start the game the in-game updater asks you if you want to update the game. If you do that than you can not install the DLC anymore because you get the incompatible version message from the installer. So you have to uninstall the game and re-install it from scratch. You can update afterwards but issue 1) still applies.

4) When you click on the ad after updating you are forwarded to Steam.

These issues have been known for months! Just check the first page of the Eador forum.

What needs to be done quickly is getting the latest version on GOG and asking the devs how to check if the DLC is active and post that in the forum. Long term there should be an indication (or better yet a toggle to switch DLC content on or off) in-game.

I know such things are usually not done over night but it would be nice to contact the devs ASAP and get at least an ETA for 1.5.2 soon.
JudasIscariot: As for the version, the game has an autoupdater. If that or anything else fails to work, then send us a Support ticket, please :)

I personally can't check on every single issue in every forum which is why I always advocate writing to Support so that this kind of thing gets collected and brought up all at once :)
The problem with autoupdaters is that you never know when they will be switched off and when they are you will be left with an out of date version. Sorry to be blunt about that, but pointing to an autoupdater is no excuse for not having the latest version downloadable as installers.

I didn't contact support because these issues clearly do not fall into their realm. Their task is to help me get a game running that is causing trouble on my system not contacting developers to tell them of conceptual issues like no indication if the DLC is installed or ask them when the latest version will be on GOG. That is the task of the product managers. And since I have no way of contacting them directly I pinged you so you would forward the above to the right person.
According to the gamecard of the newest sale and Judas entry in the forum Shadowgate has been updated to a new version including multi-language!
Edit: Yep, it has - downloading now :)
Post edited April 09, 2015 by MarkoH01
From MaGog's logs for 9 April:

NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)
[Same for special edition and DLC]

NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate, languages: Audio and text: English ***TO*** Audio and text: English. Text only: German, Spanish, French, Italian
[Same for special edition, not for DLC]

NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate, file_size: 0.8 GB ***TO*** 0.9 GB
[Special edition still reads 0.8GB]

NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate, sys_req_linux: ***TO*** Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17, Processor: 2.4GHz Processor, Memory: 1 GB RAM, Graphics: 512MB Dedicated Video Memory, Hard Drive: 2 GB available space, Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386, libasound2:i386, libasound2-data:i386, libasound2-plugins:i386 and dependencies, Notice: this game comes with a 32-bit binary only
[Same for special edition and DLC]

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher Adventure Game, The, companies: Can Explode / CD PROJEKT RED 2 ***TO*** Can Explode / CD PROJEKT RED
[So there's really only one of them.]
high rated
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 9 April:

[...]

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher Adventure Game, The, companies: Can Explode / CD PROJEKT RED 2 ***TO*** Can Explode / CD PROJEKT RED
Or they got rebundled. Unlike any of our games will ever be.
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 9 April:

[...]

HypersomniacLive: Or they got rebundled. Unlike any of our games will ever be.
No. It's unlikely to be rebundling, because if it were, the name would probably be "CD PROJEKT RED (INCLUDES ALL 4 DLCS, INCUBATION, VGA REMAKE, AND EXPANSION PASS TOO, BUT NOT SILVER SEED, BECAUSE WHATEVER) LTD".
Crystal Caves apparently has an update according to Galaxy? A Galaxy glitch or has something actually changed?
SirPrimalform: Crystal Caves apparently has an update according to Galaxy? A Galaxy glitch or has something actually changed?
Probably a Galaxy compatibility update.
As you may already have heard, GOG suffers from the Y1K bug.

If one attempts to go in the game catalogue beyond page 20 (e.g. http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&page=21) it fails, effectively locking the catalogue at 1,000 items. Reported to Judas and support 5 hours ago.

Until this is fixed (or I write a temporary workaround), MaGog is unable to extract some information about some games (at the moment, three: Zork Anthology; Zork Nemesis; and Zork Grand Inquisitor), so if anything changes for these games in the meantime (unlikely), we will not know it until later on.
SirPrimalform: Crystal Caves apparently has an update according to Galaxy? A Galaxy glitch or has something actually changed?
Out of curiosity, I asked MaGog to check whether any of the "Crystal Caves" files have changed on the website library servers. It reported that none have changed.

I guess whoever stated that GOG keeps separate files for Galaxy and the website was correct. I expect that at some point we will have to split this thread into "What did just update on Galaxy?" and "What did just update on the website?".
mrkgnao: I guess whoever stated that GOG keeps separate files for Galaxy and the website was correct.
I was one of those people, but unlikely the only.

Incidentally, I pinged Judas yesterday about the pre-order "exclusive skin" for Shelter 2, which I do not see as a distinct item on my shelf for download. I'm guessing this is a very low priority request, given everything else that's a mess at the moment.
mrkgnao: I guess whoever stated that GOG keeps separate files for Galaxy and the website was correct.
IAmSinistar: I was one of those people, but unlikely the only.
Actually you were replying to HSL, who linked to a much earlier reporter, but the more the merrier.

IAmSinistar: Incidentally, I pinged Judas yesterday about the pre-order "exclusive skin" for Shelter 2, which I do not see as a distinct item on my shelf for download. I'm guessing this is a very low priority request, given everything else that's a mess at the moment.
Do you know if any game on GOG comes with a "extra thick skin" goodie? I seem to need one, as some things are beginning to get under mine.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: ... "What did just update on Galaxy?" ...
i think this title is a little too general
mrkgnao: Actually you are replying to HSL, who links to a much earlier reporter, but the more the merrier.
Yes, but that's just an example of me putting my oar in on the matter. As I said, not the only one to believe such things were the case.

mrkgnao: Do you know if any game on GOG comes with a "extra thick skin" goodie? I seem to need one, as some things are beginning to get under mine.
Possibly you could request one from CDPR for The Witcher 3. They still have time to sell it to you before the game comes out.
mrkgnao: I guess whoever stated that GOG keeps separate files for Galaxy and the website was correct. I expect that at some point we will have to split this thread into "What did just update on Galaxy?" and "What did just update on the website?".
That's kind of a no brainer honestly, Galaxy files are kept unpacked on a server so Galaxy can only download what is changed vs a standalone installer which kept on the site has all the files packed together for installation. Of course their going to be kept separate simply because patching is handled differently.

I've seen stuff show up on Galaxy first, and I've seen stuff show up on on the site first. For instance when the last Dead State patch released it was another whole week nearly before it showed up in Galaxy. Pretty sure GOG has said this will be more automated though in future so the site and Galaxy get patches at the same time.

Also Galaxy updating is really buggy it seems, it wants to do small patches for games I KNOW have not received an update all the time... these could be simple updates to better integrate the game with Galaxy or something but I know as far as game patches they didn't actually change anything.